Quest: 99 bottles of rum on the wall. Bug? or Design?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Wurm, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Finished 11 bottles on the wall in solo and advance solo. Now no more bottles are spawning so I have 88 bottles of the 99 bottles quest done.

I know that I'll be able to make progress in the heroic zones, but what about those people who don't do heroic content? Shouldn't the bottles be spawning again for them?
  2. Chrol Developer

The 11 and 22 Bottles of Rum on the Wall quests are weekly missions that update the 99 Bottles of Rum on the Wall quest. If you purely solo, it'll take you approximately 9 weeks to complete the 99 Bottles of Rum on the Wall quest. If you complete the solo and the heroic weeklies every week, it'll take you approximately 3 weeks to complete the 99 Bottles of Rum on the Wall quest.
    Kittybock, Wurm and Kryvak like this.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

OK thanks for the info Chrol, I had no idea it was a weekly quest.
  4. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Curious, how many bottles total should be in the Solo zone?
  5. Oakenn_TZ Member

I think there are 4.

One on the 1st floor. (far passage to the other side from the zone in on the wall) obtainable after 1st boss
    One by the rat (obtainable after killing said rat)
    One next to the... north? lift (obtainable after inserting both lift levers)
    One on the wall next to the north lift (obtainable after beating the 3rd boss)
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Which rat? The one up by the cane press? I thought he sent you back to the store room?

*edit* You meant Advance Solo didn't you?
  7. Chrol Developer

Sir Wharfie, in F.S. Distillery: Stowaways.
  8. Oakenn_TZ Member

That was my mistake. She said "the solo zone" I immediately thought about the advanced solo. since it is a solo zone. For the actual "solo" aka the stealth mission I haven't the slightest idea how many there are tbh. I've only completed the zone once per char. I go in and do the 1st quest to access a few shinies in my down time but that is it.

for my 11 weekly my personal plan is to just hit the adv solo at least 3 times a week per toon. Much faster than running the whole stealth mission.
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

I did the AS and solo one time yesterday for the weekly quests. I must have missed a bottle somewhere since "11 bottles" shows one left.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Got it, slight confusion in regards to solo and advance solo.
  11. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I tend to be very forgetful and not entirely observant, but I recall 4 bottles from today's run. One near the 1st bottle of rum that you need to collect & 3 at the Brew master's Office (2 inside, one outside on the north (?) wall).
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

The most I found in the solo was 7, with 4 more in the advanced solo. So you can complete the weekly with just 1 run of each (or repeat the one you prefer :))
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I am getting 99 bottles updated running adv solo besides heroic.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

You do... once a week. it updates from the 11 bottles and 22 bottles quests.
  15. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah I was talking about the normal solo one where you have to sneak every where. I know 3 are around the Brewmaster house, 1 in the room with Kildun or whoever the quest guy is and another along the wall up on some ledge. I've probably ran into the others. I need to make better notes or something. LOL Thanks.
  16. Gwalchmai Member

Are you meant to lose progress on the 99 Bottles quest when the 22 Bottles quest resets with only partial completion? Two of my characters were in that position, having only run the Heroic Rum Cellar once each during the 2 weeks that the quest is active. On Monday, they had progressed the 99 bottle quest down to about 67 bottles left (having also completed the 11 Bottle quest twice as well as one run through the heroic), but I look today and they are both at 77 bottles remaining. Is this intended?
  17. Chrol Developer

Yes. If the 11 or 22 bottles quests are deleted from your journal while still active, any bottles completed for them are subtracted from the main 99 bottles quest. This is to prevent anyone from taking the 11 bottles quest, for example, and finishing 10 parts, deleting the quest, retaking it for another 10 parts, and so on till the 99 bottles quest is completed in a day.
  18. Ebofu Active Member

Impressive foresight
  19. Breta Well-Known Member

I'd assume the quest is repeatable. Do i get the shoulders 2nd time too, or are they tied to the achievement?
  20. Gwalchmai Member

Ah, thanks for the reply. It makes sense. I'll just have to be more diligent with grouping so that my non-raiding characters get the achievement before my raider (who doesn't need the shoulders).

A thought occurs to me. Is it necessary to have the time limit on the 22 Bottles quest be only 2 weeks? A longer time limit would let me stay more flexible with what character I group with. I don't see any reason why I'd ever wish for the quest to reset until I had completed it. The 22 Bottles quest is unlike most other heroic missions that can be completed in one run-through of the needed zone (or two if its a weekly mission). I can see where time limits on missions are needed to keep quest journals cleaned up, but this one quest might be an exception?