Qeynos has no safe place to craft on TLE PVP

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Swigar, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Swigar Member

It has been pointed out numerous times that freeps can come into FFS and kill people crafting, but Qeynosians cannot go in to Neriak and do the same. The Freeps insist if we want to craft safely, we should just craft in Qeynos. or set up crafting in our houses. well, the crafting Qeynos isn't safe because Freeps can get in and kill crafters. I do not think it is balanced that the Freeps have a city where there is Guards that will agro you every 50m to craft in, but Qeynosians have no where
    Kittybock and Faragel like this.
  2. Faragel New Member

I'm all for city pvp, but it should be ALL cities not just 3/4 and all cities should have a similar guard-to-area ratio.
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

Neriak is not neutral. Frostfang Sea is.
    Things won't be evened out until we get Gorowyn (Neutral) and Greater Fay (Good).

At least the guards in Neriak don't see invis or stealth ...
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

Interesting, I see people wiping crafters in West Freeport everyday. I also heard about this thing where if what kills you is not a player, you don't lose infamy even if you have player hate on you when you die. Could that be why people run in kill people and as soon as reinforcements start chasing them they go straight to the guard to get killed? Sounds like Qs got the better deal.

Reality check?
  5. Hammdaddy Active Member

None of the guards in qeynos except for the epic's can even see stealth anyway, you can just walk in and avoid four mobs and kill anyone you want.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm curious. Is PvP all about ganking people who aren't able to fight back? There should be such a thing as a safe tradeskill instance. Maybe not the tables spread through each city, but both Freeport and Qeynos have one of the old school tradeskill basements. Give those a faction requirement to enter. Done and done with that nonsense.
  7. Bodiddle Member

Lets not forget haven in this mess.
  8. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Qs gank Freeps in WFP crafting area every day. No guards even path over there. Some path near, but to the area. There are actually several non aggro "Distracted Guards" too.

So Q's get ganked in Qeynos, and Freeps get ganked in WFP. Sounds prety even to me. A player made solution is to craft some where else.

@Meirril
    Your house is a safe place you can craft in. If you're a Freep, Neriak is pretty safe. Can go there.

This is PvP server. We don't need/want dev intervention for these things. PVP is supposed to happen. If you want uncontested crafting, go to live server, Stormhold, and/or purchase crafting tables for your house.
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

So your saying that until a crafter earns 800k status they should just gut it up and take the chance that someone is going to treat them as a free kill?

And your also saying that this is the kind of behavior that you want to encourage on the PvP server? I'm sorry, I thought you people went over to that server so you could fight other players, not slit their throats. So what do you do when you can't find anyone crafting? Roam through the newbie area looking for greys to take your frustrations out on?

And as far as "dev intervention" that would be their job. They change the game. It isn't an intervention if they consider something to be bad for the play environment and they change things. There is a distinct difference between "healthy open world PvP" and "an unfair advantage".
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Yes, until a crafter earns enough status to buy a table, then this is what they must do. Lots of people are crafting no problem. You just want special treatment for a problem that only exists because freeps allow it to. Go to Neriak.

You're on a PvP server. Everyone is a free kill. Play at your own risk. I mean ****... PVP people... If I can't find anyone crafting? I go to Halas cuz the guards dont KoS me. Its a PvP server... why don't you understand that? Stormhold is right over there.

Player made solution?
    Craft on a toon that is less than level 10. Harvest on that toon too.
    Go to Neriak
    Buy a table for your house.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

And this is what Dev should encourage? Players who want to craft should be encouraged not to level and not to engage in PvP...the activity the server is designated for? That is just plain bad design. You want to encourage people on a special server to take advantage of why they went to that server in the first place.

And if serious crafters are avoiding adventure levels so they don't get killed while crafting there is something seriously wrong with the rules set. But of course you're just trying to protect bad PvP encounters that contribute to people getting fed up with PvP and quitting. Which isn't really my problem, but since I like EQ2 in general I'd like to see all the servers doing well. And a total lack of "safe" places for crafters to get started isn't promoting the PvP servers.

Look at it the other way around, if the tradeskill basements in both Freeport and Qeynos were made safe how many players would get frustrated? I'm pretty sure none. If people still wanted to crawl around enemy cities looking for some cheap kills, they can. The players that are finding and killing crafters will loose their free lunch, but they won't quit over it. I'm sure you can join your gank group and find plenty of people trying to do solo quests so you can get your spiffy title.
    HaphazardAllure and Kittybock like this.
  12. Mowse Well-Known Member

Back in the day......... sound like my dad.... I use to craft in Nettleville... the underground tradeskill area... broker was in there also. there is one currently in NQ.. And it was a chance we took when crafting then also. Freeport would zone in and get you ... and we use to go over to Freeport and pay them back. Its just what it is on PVP server. Not new. Guild halls did make a safe place but that's gone!
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

*insert Kitty rant warning*

Well, I was not into ganking crafters....but I am now. This is ridiculous. They'd said that the instanced crafting in Q was safe, so I'd told folks to craft there. Apparently, from the ticked off guildies...somehow the Freeps are making raids on the Ironforge crafting hall in stealth and killing everyone. That is not PVP.

PVP is fighting an opponent or catching them unaware in open field. Catching folks in the middle of a rush order? Yeah, that takes skill....NOT! Catching someone in the Bank, while they answer the door?? That's what happened to me earlier, btw. Grats to whomever got between jack and____ as I had just emptied my bags before a neighbor showed at the door, when I was in the bank.

In other PVP based MMO's there are safe areas on the map, where you craft, bank, etc and/ or areas which can be either or, so you can choose where you do those activities. My point: This Open City PVP with no place for crafting is just setting it up to not have crafters, IMHO. No crafting, less player retention. We need armor, potions, arrows,....

*end rant*

Kitty

Edited: Removed my examples of PVP in other MMO's
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  14. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

hahaha

I craft on my main. I dont pvp city that often. The real problem people are on the leaderboards for city kills on Deathtoll, not this rat. I also have 2 other crafting toons less than level 10 who craft in WFP. There are ways to play without wanting the developers to change things.

A serious crafter on PvP server would know where to safely craft. In neriak. Plenty of room there.

You're insatiable.
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Player made solution: To work with the game mechanics avail, being that Neriak is invulnerable for crafting and merching, then all players should reroll or betray to Freeps, tbh. Kinda bites PVP in the butt though.... ;)

I did notice in the Update notes they are changing the City Guards to assisting players being attacked--Makes sense!!
  16. Easydoesit New Member

I believe your missing the op's point. You have neriak....there is NO area in qeynos that has the protection neriak offers. That is what he is asking for i believe.
    Kittybock likes this.
  17. AltEfFour New Member

Neriak isnt even safe, was killed there several times. It's a hell of alot easier to get into freeport to kill at the crafting area then it is in qeynos.
  18. Foretold Well-Known Member

Just before the server went down, the Neriak crafting area was decimated. I managed to get away, but others weren't so lucky.

So no more whining :p
  19. Zeozx New Member

Queen's Colony is a safe place to craft... no writs or broker though, but you craft your fill there and no freeps can touch you.
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

And you sir, are full of excuses.

But lets consider these excuses seriously for a moment. Are you saying that Evils have an unfair crafting advantage? One that would convince "serious crafters" to favor one faction over the other? That seems to be a serious flaw in the development of the PvP server. After all, you don't want people choosing a faction because it offers them a tangible advantage. That is the sort of thing that leads to a single faction becoming dominant and having serious repercussions that lead to people abandoning the game.

That is probably a bit too serious, but when you can only repeat the same lame excuses over and over to defend your position and I can come up with an entirely different attack on that position it seems like the status quo of crafting on the PvP servers is indefenstable.
    Kittybock likes this.