1. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the last 8 classes are definately evil/good by all means...the only one of them that an even be greyed is swashy/brig.
    and mostly becuase a Brig is a brutal, gangbanger type crimminal, and a swashy is a conartist working for the 'law'. I see the swashy as the sailor with a woman in every port type. he lies, cheats, ocasionally steals, but he's generally on the up an up. the brig is the Krypt/Blood gang member.
    a shadowknight by it's very natures does NOTHING 'good'. there is no 'using his powers for the greater good' becuase thier powers are all derived from evil. you have to remember that all those lifetaps and spells and such are not something he learned in a book, but given to him by a God. the gods of Fear/Hate/Disease/ in particular. to keep his powers, he has to appease those gods. those gods do not promote playing nice or helping anyone but yourself. you don't kill the gnolls to protect the farmer. you kill the gnolls, then the farmer and take whatever's left.
    Same for a Paladin. his powers are not learned, but granted to him by a god...usually gods of Valor/Growth/Love. to keep thier powers, they have to appease those gods. the actions they would have to commit in the 'evil' cities like freeport/neriak/gorowyn would get them stripped of those powers. just like Lucan was. a paladin can't kill someone outright simply because they are on the wrong side of the street or thier wearing a gold bracelt on thier wrist. a paladin can't kill people just cause they are poor or starving. in fact it's his duty to help those people. those kind of actions don't fly in the evil cities.
    Necro...in all the good cities necromancy is outlawed and punishable by death. that's all you need to know as to why it's not there. there's no one to teach it. the bloodsabers were pretty much wiped out after Kane Bayle's trial. they've got no formal guild/struture left. anyone with any real power was killed or arrested or driven off.
    Conjys...the evil cities see it as a 'weaker' art then Necromancy and weakness is not tolerated. plus, necromancy gains favor with the evil gods like Bert and Inny..which furthers their own power...and in Neriak especially, anything that gains favor with Inny is a must have.
    Mystics and defilers are a little gray...but with them it's the means. the acts a Defiler uses would get the Temple of Life on thier cases in a heartbeat. even more so proven with the new Qeynos lines that prove the Temple can/does sense spiritual forces AND can tell how they are being used. a Defilier in the Temple's structure/guild would be like albino in harlem. and the first time a Mystic's ability didn't work beuase the spirits didn't agree or cooperate the Mystic would find itself being thrown into Executioner's Plaza.

the other 'neutral' everyone talks about being the assassin/ranger...they are simply Qeynos/Freeport 'special forces' the Eyes of Bayle are Qeynos' Navy SEAL. the Redhoods are Freeports Green Berets.
    but then again, I was never for the stupid idea of taking major classes of EQ1 and cutting them in half, either. a cleric is a cleric. a chanter is a chanter. a rogue is a rogue.
    though I think some of the 'good evils' are becuase only 1 half would make sense. like you can picture a conjy in neriak openly studying. you can't do the same for a Necro in Halas. you might see a swashy in Freeport...but there's no way a Brig would be in Qeynos and not be dead or long since arrested. a Mystic might be able to hide in Freeport...but a defiler would be painfully obvious in Qeynos.
  2. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I could see the justification(however small in some cases) for lifting the alignment resitrictions on everything except Paladins and Shadow Knights. By their very nature Paladins are paragons of good, virtue, and light and Shadow Knights are pretty mucht he vilest of the vile. These are classes of extremes with no room for grey area.
  3. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    This I could get behind, and I do see the point and thinking behind it. I was lumping the sk/paladins in with the other 6 classes that are not neutral because it happened on the PvP server and wanted equality and balance for all classes on the PvE servers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Ok, since people are so stuck up and won't let necros and SK's into their city, how about they add in a way for people to live in secret in a city of opposite alignment? Like let my mystic live in FP, but remain "good" aligned. Some quest that would allow them to trick the guards and merchants of the city to allow them to walk around without being harassed (much).
  5. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

your talking about the eq1 'hidden' guilds/market.
    Q and FP don't have places to hide anymore in a way to have housing. the bloodsabers used to have the sewers to themselves, but not anymore. goodies used to have Nfp...but Lucan razed it. (it's now pretty much the Graveyard...with guards constantly patroling it.)
    however I could see them using the area's with the 'Fences' as merchant points were those guys will sell the freeport/qeynos specific items/ceremonial armor sets and such. So you might not be able to live there, but at least could get the unique stuff from there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

They killed off the role play / lore when both "governments" started trading with each other via the shared banking system.

It can be logically reasoned why all 25 classes could be aligned with both cities. However, SoE seems to have something against the last 8 remaining classes.

Here's an idea for the 8 remaining classes.
    Any good aligned player that wants to become evil aligned, and vice versa, may do so at a cost. They must except "kill on sight" status while in Qeynos and Freeport, but will be allowed to reside in any of the nuetral cities. While in the nuetral cities, and their guild hall, they will be allowed to bank normally, and worship as they please.
  7. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    I actually kinda like this idea
  8. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=520124&post_id=5777724 *Post removed for forum violations. Please communicate constructively.*
  9. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=520124&post_id=5778055 *Post removed for forum violations. Please communicate constructively.*