Qeynos and Freeport have been disabled as starting cities.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-TniEradani, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    The zone is still there for those working the Prismatic Weapon Timeline which uses the same Isle of Refuge for the final confrontation with Darathar.
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

JAE1967 wrote:
    Perhaps for some folks, but for others, not. I don't like to rush to cap on every character. I have characters at different levels and tiers and enjoy the diversity. Having all characters at cap is fighting amoung all your characters as to which one is going to do which dungeon/raid or which is gonna be the main to get all the gear for all the alts.
    No thanks, I prefer playing each character as an individual. I only have one character at cap and the others are anywhere from tier 5 on up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I don't like linear gameplay.
    I hope Freeport doesn't become a shell of what it is now. I like the idea of not having to zone so much but not at the expense of losing character. I'm not too keen on losing every single one of the racial areas. I'll reserve judgement until I see it, but I'm apprehensive of what we will lose.
  4. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    To be fair, the Isles are still 'there'...I have a level-locked (8th level) monk in the Queen's Colony that I use to farm the Named mobs for transmutables, and I intend that they will never leave. Mastercrafted gear, expert (and even a couple of master) CA's, and probably hunter titles for both goblins and undead by now (just by logging in a couple of times a week and spending five minutes or so killing things).
    But I know most people don't have even that option, and I'd contend that the trip back to fight Darathar just isn't enough (because once the Timeline is over, you can't go back).
    I think the smartest thing they could do is put in a bell at the docks, and put in 'The Isle of Refuge'. It has two housing options - the building with the central fire pit, and the treehouse in the back of beyond. Maybe add housing for the below-ground types in the tower cellar, and possibly a fourth using the building on the docks at the beach. All are welcome under the auspices of the Far Seas Trading Company, so city alignment is irrelevant.
    And once people can again access the island, sell the housing on the Station Market. The main building could easily look like a Qeynos starter house. Freeport housing could be used for the beach house. A re-worked Neriak room for the tower cellar, and a slight makeover for the Gorowyn house would suffice for the treehouse. Or something along these lines. Heck, maybe even make the orc's cave in the back a fifth option - I'm sure SOME people would like something like that.
    I don't buy housing. But I would consider it if they did something like this. The Isle of Refuge is just too neat an idea to just discard and never look back.
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Magazine articles must be written 6-8 weeks in advance. I bet November 11, 2011 was SOE's best guess at the time.
    If you care, my best guess is Tuesday, November 29, 2011. ;)