pvp test

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-tass, Feb 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Radigazt Guest

[p] Thanks for the answers Archonix. :)[/p][p]For the record, I think most people on the PvP server want rule changes that promote fighting, not escaping. I'm in the minority in worrying about the upcoming zoning changes, because it means that more than ever before zone-lines will be the ultimate PvP grounds. The zone-hopper waits for you to make the first move, you hit him, he zones, u cannot chase ... it makes zone lines almost as good as instances. Then, one side hides a full group on the other side of the zone line and sends it's lowest member into the zone. When that low member is hit, he zones away, but at the same time the rest of his group zones into the zone. Now the person who hit the zoner cannot zone away, and is ambushed into a 5 v 1 and the person he hit is safely in another zone. These changes do not promote PvP'ing, they promote avoiding PvP, and they facilitate zone-line ambushes, which nobody wants. I'd much prefer that you allow the attacker to zone as soon as the person he hits zones away. [/p][p]Also, it would be much more immersive, realistic, and enjoyable if when someone zones, they be unable to zone back for at least twice as long as the immunity timer. There are a lot of people who exploit the zone immunity timers to remain unhittable until they can gank a green, then immediately zone back into safety. It's a minimal-risk/high-reward scenario ... but it's not really "fun." It would be great if you could eliminate that exploit. [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Cantilena Guest

[p] The fact that someone specifically posted about returning to the game, but doesn't want to bother to come back to play EverRun again should tell you something. I suppose you are "risking" losing many of the zone-hugging cowards when they actually start dying from starting fights they can't win instead of just zoning away. [/p][p]But the fact is, you've already lost LOTS of players by delaying this change. If my GF wasn't still playing eq2, I wouldn't have found out about these changes, and would have never considered coming back. Now I just might. You should seriously consider sending an email out to anyone with a cancelled subscription who ever had a toon on a PvP server with the headline "Eq2 PvP doesn't suck anymore!" when this goes live.[/p][p]Until it does, I'm actually having more fun with Diplomacy in Vanguard than I had chasing cowards in eq2.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Greenion Guest

[p] /holding pattern.[/p][p]thx for the news Archonix.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

Feroce@Venekor wrote:
    lol returning? screw that FFA kicks ***. I this game needs to send scouts over there and make a server with the exact same setup. Even when a lv 11 or 12 comes at me its funner than hell to battle him even at 7. (and yes 4 levels makes 1 hell of a differeance if you dont have another guy there to help take him down) But I was interested in going to test that way I could free up another char slot for pve while still coming back to this pvp whenever I was bored or somthing or the servers crashed down.