PvP Respawn in Dungeons

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Willan, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Willan Member

Please do not allow respawning in Dungeons on PvP death. I can understand that sending to bind might be a bit extreme in your eyes but is it possible to force PvP death spawn points to outdoor zones only? Can you make
    it so that we have to spawn in Antonica if killed in Stormhold or Commonlands if slain in Fallen Gate ect?

As it stands my group has been continuously bind rushed by groups we defeated until we died or were forced to leave even if we were able to defend ourselves 2 out of 3 times. At least if the defeated group were forced back into Antonica we would have 5 or 10 minutes of relief as the dead were forced to run back.

Basically the "recent" mechanic is being abused by the defeated to continuously rush back since all "risk" of PvP is no longer a factor while they whittle down your healers power pool.

I can see this being a HUGE issue when it comes to contested Raid content. Entire raids bind rushing until 1 guild gives up because people need to go to bed. Again, please come up with a way to make PvP death meaningful because a loss of fame is not going to deter raid groups who want the raid loot from bind rushing or even would be griefers.
    Thank you for the overall great experience of this server by the way!
    Sheep, Ajjantis and Dull4h4n like this.
  2. Rallyd New Member

I second the motion to force players to respawn in outdoor areas if killed as a PVP death. ATM when you win a battle vs a group in dungeon, they are right back attacking you within 2 minutes, there is no zone control gained for winning the battle.
  3. Dull4h4n Member

I support this. Suggest moving them to some location outdoors thats not right next to the dungeon itself. Should be at least ~5 min or so run to get back to the dungeon. Honestly if you die in a raid zone it should send you back to your city bind. Blocking a contesting guild simply by bind rushing will be the go-to strat otherwise.

End the zerging.
  4. Aeeron New Member

As far as dungeons go.. your first mistake is that you are leaving completely cleared paths behind you. Get a brigand or swashbuckler if possible to smuggle you a little bit of the way in.. it makes rez zerging that much harder. It's always been this way and I doubt it will change, if you are not deep enough into the dungeon that people are fighting you again in a minute you need to stay out of combat, regen and wait. At the lower levels some dungeons just don't go that deep.. if we were at the bottom of runnyeye nobody is going to be back for awhile after we've killed them and lately when we have wiped a group in there they just leave. Same with RoV.

Contested raid mobs will be fine, the succesfull raiding guilds on pvp servers were able to handle this killing the contested in kos, eof, rok & tso. Sure its annoying but the server already has two guilds with a large number of people in those guilds from the few successful nagafen raiding guilds that dealt with these problems and it wont be an issue for them.
    Issh likes this.
  5. Dull4h4n Member

So basically it shouldn't be improved because its always been that way.

Got it.
  6. Milambers Active Member

Basically yes. Leave respawning in dungeons as it is.
  7. Kahleem Active Member

How about forcing non-native pvp deaths to an outside respawn point?

example:
    A group of freeportians are leveling in their home-dungeon "Fallen Gate".
    ->A full group of REALLY bad Q's whom are all around 27-28 come through Fallen Gate looking for free kills, cause "lol" what is real pvp?

->Freeportians get wiped as they're attacked while pulling, and respawn at the entrance inside Fallen Gate.
    ->Freeportians gather other groups of Freeps together and wipe the baddy Q's.
    ->Baddy Q's then respawn all the way in Commonlands near Commonlands docks/nek forest/etc.

Same situation but reversed for Q's trying to level in Stormhold. I'm sure I don't need to type it out for you :p.
  8. Willan Member

That doesn't fix the high level dungeons.
  9. Willan Member

So yeah respawning in dungeon totally not an issue... except 4 people chain rez rushing to keep heals at -30% is wiping raids.
  10. Ting New Member

sounds legit
  11. Dull4h4n Member

PvP death in a zone with raid target up needs to move people to another zone, if not to bind. Just as I said before server popped, its nothing but a zerg fest.
  12. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

I think a good solution is to increase how long a group stays dead by 10 minutes after the first death. So if you are in a group and you die you can revive, but if you die again in a group you have to wait 10 minutes after the group has died the second time to rez. Though forcing players to travel is a solution, its a hassle, and I dont think that they need to increase the amount of travel needed to pvp.
  13. Kendayar Active Member

10 minutes forced being dead and not playing the game plus another 10 minutes to get back in the zone.

vs

10 minutes to get back in the zone.
  14. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

well it would deter someone from zerging if they knew that it would make them wait. right?
  15. Willan Member

I think if anyone dies in PvP anywhere their rez options should be the closest docks only. Even in dungeons.
  16. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

so when a raid ends up rolling 2 people to a full group they should run from the docks?
  17. Willan Member

Yes, I would rather not have to be worried about being rez rushed at raids over spending 5 minutes to get back questing,
  18. Thinwizzy Active Member

I am not opposed to increasing respawn timer on multiple PvP deaths in a short time, but 10 minutes may be a bit much.
  19. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

maybe 5 minutes?
  20. Thinwizzy Active Member

I would start smaller first. Maybe 30 seconds, then keep adding 15 seconds to that. You don't want to discourage fighting altogether, just the rez zerg. Keep ramping the time up if the group keeps dying over and over to the same people in a small window.