PVP in the Future

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Magic Missiles, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Two Questions-

1) Will the BGs be available once all the mergers go live?

2) Are there plans for new gear (or some incentives) to get them populated once more?
    Ishtara likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

I actually thought I heard that PvP gear was being eliminated altogether with the next "campansion" as they call them now.

The dev team is down 40% since the CN takeover, and they no longer have the resources to maintain separate PvP gear. And as this was a giant nail in the coffin of open PvP, Deathtoll doesn't want or need it, so it's only BGs left that would even use it.

Personally, I suspect eliminating PvP gear will actually do more to repopulate BGs than anything, as bluebies will be able to compete on even ground right away in the PvE gear they already have. People will no longer be forced to become a mouse trapped in a wheel, endlessly grinding tokens for months or years just to obtain a set of PvP gear that is only useful in BGs.
    Ishtara and Shasta like this.
  3. Shasta Active Member

Agreed BG gear was absolutely horrible for actually open world PvP. If people can't kill dragons for good gear they might as well go play Battlefield.
  4. balzor Active Member

Really cant stress this enough, please DBG take the easy road here and just dont add any pvp gear.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Dull4h4n Member

Good. PvP gear is an abomination that changes the focus of an MMO from fighting over content and progression to ganking and farming battlegrounds. It sucked in WoW and it sucks here.
    Xevran, Feldon, Eradani and 2 others like this.
  6. Magic Missiles Active Member

It makes sense that PVP gear will be eliminated, but it also makes all the items available fro the BG tokens totally moot. The questions still remain- 1) will there still be BGs, and 2) will there be some incentive for running them (for example, a currency reward that can be spent on decent usable gear, appearance items, potions/temp buffs, etc?
    Soreneck Sarnak likes this.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

IDK, Forged of Antonia Bayle is probably better.
    Forged-Night likes this.
  8. Magic Missiles Active Member

9. Fetish Well-Known Member

Smed...is that you?
  10. Chrisworld Active Member

11. Magic Missiles Active Member

With blue adorns useless it doesn't make sens to have any of the old gear.
    This thread was started concerning the future, and if it will include BGs and any incentives to run them.
    Some people just want to dredge up old grudges and talk about old gear failings. /shrug
  12. Soreneck Sarnak New Member

Curious minds want to know- any Dev want to illuminate us please?
    /lightbulb emoji
  13. Xevran Well-Known Member

I hope they don't eliminate one of the most fun things this game has to offer because they don't want to maintain pvp gear anymore. As others have said Battlegrounds are probably better off without the gear honestly, or any other incentive for that matter. If fun isn't enough reason for players to use BGs then the feature isn't worth any dev time needed to keep it running.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Forged-Night Member

BattleGrounds where great and could seriously be a " Stand Alone Game" all in it self.

Battleground pitted player against player on a more balanced and even setting. I for one loved the BG gear it allowed us to really go at it head to head with " no ganking" just Skills and Class Knowledge and your ability to out think and out play the other person or persons.

And for all the PVE folks that cried saying well Pve Raids are harder and their gear is " better earned".

COME FIGHT ME im alot harder then any raid boss your gonna fight " their designed to loose" where I am NOT
  15. Magic Missiles Active Member

Two Questions, one cup (half empty) as in- No answer to either question.
    BGs are live now with no incentive so basically BGs are dead now.,
    Please put in some reward for players to have a decent reason to run BGs.
    To all you naysayers, Wailing Caves is fun too but with no incentive why run it?
    I am not asking for 3leet pvp only amazing best in slot gear- just something fun and usable.by all pve toons as thee is no more pvp server.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

BGs aren't being run because most players are on the TLE servers.
    No.
    There will soon be one PvP server -- Deathtoll.
  17. Magic Missiles Active Member

Some incentive would bring in flocks.

Pretty much everything in EQ2 is incentive based. Make the daily quests relevant again by offering usable rewards.

And BGs have very little to zilch to do with TLE, especially for level 95-100 looking for BGS,
    Not to mention that any high level toons on Nagafen are not on TLE and will have no access to battle their fellow players.
    Ishtara likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

1.) I haven't heard that BGs are being taken out of the game, only that separate PvP gear is being removed (likely because the devs don't have the resources to keep separate types of gear going anymore). However, this will probably be a great thing: now bluebies in their PvE gear can also help to repopulate BGs (besides just the subset of PvPers who would rather be in BGs than on Deathtoll). If everyone is in PvE gear, the playing field is leveled: It comes down more to skill than gear (although AAs will still be a huge factor in winning in BGs on live, but I digress).

2.) There is not going to be PvP gear. Maybe some sort of decent, desirable PvE gear that is also obtainable by regular PvE methods could be added to BGs as an alternate way of getting it. However, this opens up a whole can o' worms concerning BGs exploits. Holes need to be plugged, or we'll just have afk/exploiters getting PvE gear effortlessly in BGs instead of out across the PvE landscapes of the live servers. That's not good either.
  19. Ishtara Well-Known Member

Honestly even just fixing the broken/issues in BG's would make all the difference, people just get frustrated when it breaks and stays broken for months. Anything extra would be icing on the cake imo. It seems like the majority of people who still play are on 9pm est or later, I wouldn't be objected to coordinating with others for a specific time at least until the population picks back up (if interested pm me).

Quite a few were on last week, since there was only one healer online, we all agreed to a tankathon. Longest bg match ever :) ...

(scores removed to prevent hostility and inevitable thread-lock)

[IMG]