PVP EQ2 is not WOW?!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Contrapunctus, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Contrapunctus New Member

* I believe alot of pvp players are in a " first see then believe type of state " they are tossed around for years by many unwanted changes and poor rule sets. Don't expect them to show up for some vague pvp server concept, i do think tho, when a server is set in stone with a good rule set, slowly more will join and it might become Daybreaks biggest server.

*The pvp dev(s) have some nice ideas nowadays. I do like the ranking / bounty idea alot.

* Soe's biggest mistake imo, was that at some point they wanted to be like WOW ( added Bg's and so on ) i cant blame them because if it turned out well they could have made alot of money,but... Eq2 is a different beast, Eq2 pvp will in most cases be better suit for a permanent server ( as i stated before ) with the bounties and rankings! ohyeah!! and without Bg's and such, it's about the gank about the guerillia about roaming around, balance np, we use imba vs imba, people on Naggy are used to that, also to lowby gankers, np all part of the fun.

* People who cant stand getting killed while questing should ask themselves what they are doing on a pvp server lol. A "real" pvper will get triggered and will start fighting back, i mean that's the point of pvp right? and no it isn't always fair. You get 5 vs 1 or run into a zerg whatever you need to be patient you'll get your fights, make some friends join a guild, be creative.

* Freedom <-- that's what they took away in the past. That's why i don't like a TL Server setting because you'll be forced to lvl up at some point. That's why low lvl locking is fun, my grandfather ( rip ) loved his 25 SK! we had alot of fun together lol.
    Bg's > ninja away open world pvp
    Warfields > lazy design, doesn't work, its the element of surprise that makes Eq2 pvp fun, the gankers make it fun.

The gankers make the eq2 world feel dangerous but also alive! you have to watch your back.

* Group pvp at high end >> fun but became to slow somwhere around EOF, 25 min fights NO thx, bad for the joints no? ZzZzZz

So basically you have all the ingredients for a decent and fun pvp server. Aka dish all the easy mode content, if you want to make it really hardcore remove all fly possibilities too ( towers etc )

Also if it's FFA and you kill your own faction more than the other faction, insert title >>

If you lock a server around EOF and slowly focus on some fun pvp gear ( for all tiers ), you dont have to worry about content updates anymore, pvp players make their own content, so plenty of time i guess to focus on pvp related stuff.

ps, I like carrotpie