(PvP Dear Caith)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Busko, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Busko Glads

Hey Caith it’s Glads here could you let us know please if it’s possible to change max groups to 3 ? So we can test 3v3 3v2 3v1 ect without effecting live servers ? I think this could be a qreat idea to stop gank squads could be simple as that and they should be double more groups going around. It’s just a thought and if it’s easy to do then why not give it ago we need to change or doing something that we didn’t do on the other servers.

Thanks for your time.
  2. RooR Applesauce

This is such a brain dead suggestion. People would just run two groups of 3.

How do you even make this post?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

No, they'd squawk to death about friendly fire and not being able to make 6-mans anymore. :p
    Vilesummon likes this.
  4. Busko Glads

or leave it how it is and let the server fail because changing 40k items any many more will not fix the problems that many want changing because if you cant solo PvP without having to run away from groups all the time or just when u get a nice 1v1 here comes the 6 man very skillful players killing both if us then im sorry all the solo players will quit..

dont tell me they wont because history proves this correct.

Ant/CL solo PvP only ? can it be done who really needs to to be in grp level 10-20 anway .

doing the above also lets new and not so good players learn there class and dont have to be worried about getting ganked they have time to find friends guilds ect to join.

and if 20-30-40-50 lvl players wanna solo fight then they know best place is Ant/Cl ? ******* great idea if you ask me because if they get ganked by a group in any other zone its there fault not the game and all group players know that they dont have to go to Ant/Cl .

something needs to be done for solo players that dont wanna group and want just solo PvP there is to many hardcore ex PvP players and guilds ready to group up and stomp anyone solo newbies anything and thats not going to sit well with new players that dont know any body or is learning the game..

Think about it Caith because this is a very valid point.
  5. Gankednshanked Active Member

It's incredibly unrealistic. I guarantee you 80% of the server quits on day 1, and you, Glads, and Jeremiah will be the only 3-man left on day 2.
    Zenji likes this.
  6. Alway Active Member

removing FFA would help this tbh - just the other day when lvl 50 boost went live, there was a gank group of Qs and a gank group of Freeps untill a x3 formed up.

p.s. - nerf summoner pets
  7. Gankednshanked Active Member

I'm indifferent to FFA as a player, as I will be going Exile if they take FFA out.

Unfortunately, I think it's a gamble on DBG's end. If population is as low as the last week of Beta, FFA is probably the way to go. If there are as many or more people as day 1, then they could do it either way, but should probably listen to people who intend on staying in a faction and not going exile.
  8. Alway Active Member

they should just add FFA enabled zones - then regular pvp otherwise - still have factions, so people can go exile and be FFA everywhere.

idk, i just dont want pvp to die again so soon.
  9. Creasote Well-Known Member

You might as well eliminate the bard class and their group buffs while you are it. What's the point of making such drastic changes to the game?
    Zenji likes this.
  10. Vilesummon New Member

I posted this in another thread, but I think this would be doable and settle the debate:

Personally I like the FFA idea, but there is a way to split the difference I think. What if the character has an option to go FFA...like rogue elements of Qeynos or Freeport? Like, I live in Qeynos, but today I am feeling a little evil and homicidal so I click my character options....hit FFA and go out slaughtering anyone I want. Make it a requirement that you need to be in the city to click the option (so no one exploits in the field) and put a cool down on it just like any other skill (say like 15 mins). By default, characters are set to show as non-targets of their alignment. Just a thought.