PVP and Spawn Camping..

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ecugia88, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Ecugia88 Active Member

Is spawn camping really that fun to some people in MMOs? To me, spawn camping belongs in Day Z clones as that never seems to stop. Ever. Must you really ruin the other players time and fun for them while they try to enjoy their questing/grinding and gear up so they can give you a fair fight? If you have no problem locking your level at 14, twinking out and spawn camping players who are barely geared, then i have no problem being a high level and coming to defend my fellow Freeps and ruin your fun whether i get credit or not . Go spawn camp in the crappy DayZ clones and leave that crap out of EQ2.
    Exploits, I'm looking right at you. Bringing 2 level 11s with you and killing off any level 10 you guys saw. Why'd you leave? Get tired of being spawn killed by a higher level geared better than you? Stay away from the newbie zones if you're just going to be a coward and run when you start losing. Darklight Woods is >Misunderstood< guild territory. ;)
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Dixa Active Member

this is one of the things you simply have to deal with on a pvp server in an mmorpg. complaining about it will only make matters worse for you as you will encourage these toxic players.

if you choose to play on a pvp server in an old mmorpg like this, you have to be ready to suffer all that entails. be glad they can't loot your corpse empty.
  3. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

you sound mad.
  4. hartsia New Member

what goes around comes around, and besides, dying alot in pvp makes you either stronger or leave the game, so i dont see anything wrong with this,
  5. Slant Well-Known Member

This feels like a flames thread, Its likely to get closed here.
  6. Kendayar Active Member

Spawn camping is such a negative phrase. I prefer to call it a PvE litmus test.
  7. Ecugia88 Active Member

Nah not mad. Im not the one who was getting ganked. My toon was level 23, a guildy who is level 12 told me there were 3 Qs, level 11, 11 and 14 ganking lowbies constantly after leaving Wanderlust Fair and losing their immunity. I was thanked afterwards for dealing with them and driving them off so the lowbies in DLW could quest.
    Jaden likes this.
  8. Fetish Well-Known Member

This sounds like everything was working as intended. People PvP'd on a PvP server. So what was the kerfuffle?
  9. Vark New Member

lvl 11-14 group killing lvl 12 or so people...working as intended. Its legit pvp...

You are actually the one being lvl 23 that shouldnt of been there. People getting killed should have group up and take em, thats it really.
  10. Ecugia88 Active Member

I was called there by a guildy who was level 12. They said they were camped at Wanderlust Fair and that they werent being allowed to continue their quests. So i came out and helped rid them of the Qs. The level 11-14 group was killing level 10s. People who just turned level 10. You do realize those players barely have any gear on them right? LOL. People these days. Hey if they want to camp those barely geared players. I have no problem coming to help them by killing off the attackers. Legit pvp as you say.
  11. Ecugia88 Active Member

Guildies were getting attacked as soon as they achieved level 10 and camped so they couldnt continue, along with non guildies who wanted to keep questing and level up. And you're right, its working as intended. I was just calling out the players who immediately start pvping and kill off players who just hit level 10, that's all. I just dont know why people bother at that level, its nothing to really brag about, its trolling.
  12. Braiz Member

that's why pvp servers died, pvp'er are dicks.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Not an issue in zones where Good and Evil spawn in different locations. Oh dear, I indirectly brought up the problem of Exiles again...
  14. Milambers Active Member

No such thing as spawn camping in EQ2. If you don't like what you described then roll PvE.
  15. Mowse Well-Known Member

I am not a dick. I am an old woman that prefers PvP server. On server we PvP. If you die, get ganked, move to a different area, do a different task, let gankers get bored and move on. PvP is all about killing opposition.
  16. Daghammer Member

PvP means different things to different people.
    To some it means having fights more challenging than what you get in pve.
    To spawn campers it's about having fights less challenging than what you get in pve.
  17. Mowse Well-Known Member

that's true. I suppose like in PVE there are those that like to Raid and have very challenging foes. And those that like to go at targets much lower than your level. To me PVP means some people will be puffing up their chests with their titles, hitting as many as they can.. and then brag about their awesomeness. Personally, I just enjoy the unexpected and if someone want to hit me over and over again, I move on. There is so much to do in this game, move on to another task, etc. I am so glad for this new server and that's the bottom line for me