(PvP) AA questions.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Mildavyn, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]Hey all. I started a necro last weekend on Venekor, and I'm having a blast with him (lvl 14 currently). I think I'm doing quite well, 3:1 KvD, killed a few swashies and a couple rangers in that mix. (Even a fury! ZOMG!)[/p][p]I currently have 4-4-1 in STA and im starting STR to get the little Dagger and spell crits. My question was in regards to the Dagger (STR2). Is it any good? Does it do anything other than damage? Will more points (than 4, pre-reqs) be useful, or wasted?[/p][p]Also, I was looking at the EoF tree, and there really is alot of things in there that look quite interesting. Enhanced dispell was high up on my list. Is there any reason to reduce the recast timer on the swarm pets? I know it'll help DPS for raids, but this is a PvP toon, and I really don't care about raiding. Enhancing fear and root also look quite good... and ofcourse I'll be getting lifeburn at some point (although not a high priority for me)[/p][p]Any pointers would be great, although sick pet and kite seems to be a pretty good way of killing folks at my level. Those mastercrafted wands can be cast while running and hurt alot at this level.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Paikis@Venekor wrote:
    your swarm pets wont work on anyone that knows how to deal with summoners really. But if they dont they are good, but well, a necro fight is usually over before the duration of the spell to begin with. Either the target evaced or died. Or the necro died. And you need 8 points in perceptors command to make it useful in pvp. with a 100% hit chance, it can still be resisted. with what, 12.5%? (cant remember the initial number) you will have it work 1 out of 8 times. thats 1 taunt every 80 seconds. you wont last that long, or the enemy wont. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]Thanks for the comments. My main is a troub, and i know how to kill summoners VERY easily so I didn't figure the swarm pets would really be that effective against scouts, everyone else though they should work fine right?[/p][p]As for the taunt, I can assure you that one point is more than suffiecient for PvP. Ive been using it for a while now and it almost never resisted. You're looking at the PvE description. It taunts for some small ammount of hate, and has a 12.5% per point chance to increase it's hate position. In PvP it just taunts and locks target for 2 seconds. it doesn't have a 12.5% chance to do ANYTHING. For PvP purposes 1 point is the same as 8 points.[/p][p]Back to the dagger... any ideas?[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Paikis@Venekor wrote:
    ah, k. ;) Im using it extensively when farming stuff, and went with 8 points for that. Never really read the pvp description except the 2 sec lock. Feels a bit scrawny. ;) The swarm pets die in pretty much anyones ae. If that anyone happens to be a sk, you just healed him instead of hurt him. as for the dagger, its a fast cast pet, so in that way its nice. It doesnt do very much damage, and I think you can find better plaes to put the 4 pointsit would cost to max it out. Its good for extra interrupts on casters though. ;) (It also dies in 1 ae) the dumbfires are neat for runners though. I love putting them on people as they start to run. Seeing someone with 7 pets on their *** trying to make it anywhere is hilarious. ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]Heh, I tend to cast root first (not that i HAVE any swarm pets yet) then chase them with my wand. Had to chase a pally from the Q-gate griffon all the way to BB yesterday. He was orange, so i got alot of resists, but in the end I killed him!![/p][p]14 Necro > 19 Pally![/p][p]Necro's don't get any kind of mana drain do they? How do you handle SKs? About the only thing I can think of is to keep stunning/fearing/rooting them as much as possible.[/p][p]Also, is it my imagination, or does our root NOT carry an immunity? I cast it on people, then as soon as it's up again, I cast it again and it lands. What gives?[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

Paikis@Venekor wrote:
    [p] You will not be fighting many SK's as necro as they/you will have to be an exile to do so. But if you do I would treat them like any tank. Root/stun/fear to keep thier melee off you and kill them before they kill you /hehe. I have never fought an SK though so ymmv.[/p][p]Another note, I just took a look at Perceptor's Command and the new version DOES NOT have a different PVP effect. And I also like it both for farming and PVP and use it on both quite alot.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Paikis@Venekor wrote:
    It always lands since it has a secondary effect. they may not be rooted due to the immunity though. and I fight SKs pretty much the same way I fight everyone, lead with fear, put either lifeburn or debuffs and whatnot on them, send pet in, lifetap twice and if they are still standing, swarm pet and some dots and lifetap again. If they are not dead by then, I get to do cool stuff. ;) SKs have that pesky blessing and HT going for them, other than that, they arent too hard for me as a necro. And I havent fought enough of them to actually fight someone good at playing it. ;) then I'd prolly fear them, root them and wait for the fear to proc, whilst using DD nukes and no dots. While a sk is feared, they cant do too much save CAs and HT. ;) TBH, that is the way I died on my sk when fighting dirges. that damn fear screwed me badly. If you are lucky you can fear a sk, put enough damage on him to panic him, so he'll use his HT. (Most prolly will anyway), and if you hit perceptors command just as they leave fear, they'll hit your pet instead.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]As of sunday (4-5 days ago) my perceptor's command DID have a PvP version. I only play on weekends due to uni (college) so I can't look at it until Saturday morning, but last sunday it had a PvP examine window, looked exactly like any tank's taunts. Didn't mention anything about a 'chance' to do anything, was just a straight up taunt. [/p][p]As for the root... they were rooted. Secondary effect or not, they stopped moving when i cast it.[/p][p]EDIT: What pet do you normally use for PvP? I'm thinking the scout would be the way to go. Much better DPS, but not quite as squishy as the mage pet, and it can still taunt. I'm stuck with the fighter pet for another 6 levels though.[/p]