PVE attained procs and PVP

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Omougi, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Blergh Guest

Omougi wrote:
    Pure Viciousness
    Cuff of Crystalline Dominion
    Strength Through Sacrifice
    Velium Dominion
  2. ARCHIVED-lol23154511 Guest

These:
    Exur@Nagafen wrote:
    Ayaka@Nagafen wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-Blergh Guest

He did mention he is aware that procs are just a small part of it, there is no need to keep derailing the thread.
  4. ARCHIVED-razoraijin Guest

Mending / Blasting Adornments
    Blood Ritual
    Manaweave
    Manawell
    Frigid Deflection
    Pure Corruption
    Runic Redemption
    Stonewill
    Strategic Strikes
    Unleashed Fury
    Storm of Memories
    Darkened Hues
    Lycanthropy
    Healing Abundance
    Ancient Invigoration
    Malicious Thoughts
    Crystalline Dominion
    Deadly Repulsion
    Hateful Healing
    Will of Anashti
    Fatal Lifetap
    Dragonslayer's Fury
    Id Dominance
    Deathly Lifetap
    Slayer's Conviction
    Blood Symphony
    Transposition
    Displacement
    Agility of Aniquilacion

Warrunes:
    Foundations of Stone
    Halcyon
    Split-Second Redemption
    Revered Lands
    Galacial Deflection
    Winds of the Tundra
    Velium Dominion
    Strength Through Sacrifice
    Pure Viciousness
    Resolution of War
    Relentless Will

Nobody has the following but if somebody had it would be a significant effect on pvp combat.
    Roehn Theer:
    \aITEM 154030181 183325421:Orb of Theer\/a
    \aITEM 622852635 1237689956:Enoxus, Cloud Cleaver\/a
    \aITEM -1148213193 -385189988:Aeteok, Spirit Render\/a
    Master Yael:
    \aITEM 973264919 416833020:Titaniir, Aether Striker\/a
    \aITEM -1630539604 707088290:Lustrous Brellium Nugget\/a
    \aITEM 890521526 -791501592:Chasm Core\/a
    \aITEM -726851433 -2115843073:Crystalline Gem Flecked Fragment\/a
    \aITEM -1074221042 1363581165:Telluson, Earthspine\/a
    \aITEM -683976766 2016100713:Xaihes, Decimation Blade\/a
    \aITEM 45103168 166499723haestus, Tempered Yaellite Hammer\/a

These are most of the procs a Scout / Fighter would use, Healer and Mage procs are incomplete since I do not have one.
    Most good procs are coming from Underfoot Depths, The Palace of Roehn Theer(mostly from Roehn Theer himself), The Vigilant: Final Destruction, Miragul's Planar Shard, Shard of Hate, Veeshans Peak, Tomb of the Mad Crusader, Vasty Deep: The Vestigial Cella. Please double check the drops from there to see if I missed something.
    Please do not remove any of these procs, instead let us acquire them with pvp tokens, alot pvp tokens.
    PS: Please introduce a new type of tokens for gu63 and make pvp gear specificly proc gear very very expensive around 1000 tokens or so.
    This will keep the people pvping instead of spending their thousands of stocked tokens on day one and be done with pvp.
  5. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Healarious@Nagafen wrote:
    You are aware that by specificly pointing said procs out that the pvp dev will more than likely take the easy route by removing them all instead of designing a pvp version of them with little to no work.
  6. ARCHIVED-lol23154511 Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    I'm sure that the developer will create wonderful versions of each proc for PvP, corresponding to the effects in PvE. :3
  7. ARCHIVED-Matanzas Guest

The procs from the new research apprentices and stuff should work in pvp.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seliri Guest

Tumultuous@Nagafen wrote:
    Lol u funy g
  9. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    If we cannot have pvp versions then I would rather have them removed from pvp altogether
  10. ARCHIVED-Ayaka Guest

Oh, and they should remove manastones. And lifestones. And pacemakers. Working for something is too hard What is Everquest anyways...?
  11. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

If it requires a raid to aquire then it should not be useful in pvp, why should someone who kills instanced dragons have an auto win button in pvp which is a completely different playstyle?
    Once upon a time it was fine for raiders to have an edge because you had to contest for the pve gear, but now its all instanced pve content and instead of having an edge its a complete domination vs. pvp gear that has no counterparts.
  12. ARCHIVED-Matanzas Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    By that logic, since the new tradeskill apprentice stuff can be acquired even by soloing the procs on it should be switched to be allowed in pvp.
  13. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Ahh so after your various rants you beat around the bush and admit that the current pvp gear is complete garbage....again for the short attention span users gear seperation is not the fix for pvp...as for non "pvp" gear to correct the probs in pvp there is as has been pointed out numerous times a pvp tag which has not been implemented proberly since TSO (where there was dual use pvp gear and prob best overall design ) and that is the responsibility of the dev's who decided to give in to those who pushed for it in first place..coincidently some of the same people on multiple threads patting themselves on back for gear seperation are some of the same ones who help downplay the risks of bringing battlegrounds (carebear pvp) to the pvp servers something many in the community warned against but were ignored. It just shows the lack of foresight and tunnel vision many in the community have.
  14. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

Matanzas wrote:
    For complete honesty, those procs aren't even that powerful and SHOULD be allowed in pvp combat. Have you seen some of the procs, they are complete garbage at lower levels, at higher levels yeah maybe some should come into effect. Right now it doesn't matter about gear it only matters about how many mercenaries you can send in to kill your opponent(lower levels.)
    PvP gear separation was the WORST move ever. Raid gear should be about as effective as a 3 dollar bill in PvP combat ONLY because its so stupidly overpowered right now its not even funny. Bring back the enjoyment of TSO, bring back the ORIGINAL BG's where BG gear was USEFUL for beginning raiders. BG and PVP gear should be able to be used to get into raiding and RAID gear should not be used for PvP, without being considerably nerfed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ayaka Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    Have you seen the Soren the Vindicator Weapons? Pretty nice stuff in PvP (as the procs work). The mob is contested, too. That means that since we can contest for it, it's okay in your book, I suppose? Or is it bad because it requires a raid to kill, or it's too isolated to be contested, or simply because...it's just too hard to work for?
    So much hurt over procs that don't even come near the problems that the actual key stats on higher end gear create.
    Please don't remove procs people have listed, instead use the PvP tab I showed to lower the extremely powerful stats down to a safe level. Removing old procs will give each and every player absolutely no option to mix and match their own character slots in PvP. We've already been made to look as cookie cutter as possible, and this game is supposed to be made around questing and working hard for special gear and items to make your character unique. This game is a PvE game first and PvP was only implemented as a fun sidepart, not to make it a separate entity.
    The way to make a lot of 100% PvPers happy is to simply implement the same procs that people love onto PvP token/writ obtainable items. Make them hard to get (like the old TSO PvP items) so that PvPers don't just obtain them in a couple hours of zerging. It will give everyone something to do and something to work towards.
  16. ARCHIVED-lol23154511 Guest

Ayaka@Nagafen wrote:
    PvP gear should be extremely hard to obtain (faction requirements should be a lot higher, and BG gear should be disabled or something/only specializing in the mechanics retained in the BG's such as pickup speed in gears, or zone control time in smugglers (Tundra is going to be disabled because of all the complaints anway, so that doesn't matter)).
    PvE gear should be the main optimization, while PvP should be the ONLY HARDCORE option for players.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ragamuffin Guest

Hekter@Nagafen wrote:
    I say make it fair, if you can get it from raiding current or old content you should be able to obtain it from the pvp vendor.

Killing dragons should not make you a better pvper.

i agree with hekter, dont remove the procs but let us decide if we wana raid for the piece or pvp for it
  18. ARCHIVED-Ebofu Guest

I've said this before and I'll say it again, here are some simple ways to restore pvp,
    Little off topic.

1: Make gear expensive, preferably 2 sets, one on the cheap for new people / casual then a better set ( NOT 2% more cb and pot....) for like 1500 tokens each (like the TSO raid drops). Gives people a reason to pvp!!!!

2: Lower the ceiling of all zones on Nagafenand if you are hit, air or ground, you are engaged in pvp combat.

3: Remove the lifetap procs - (Zarrakon,Cella, Lifespike,Tellusion, Mending), I used to solo pvp on my mystic all day, but every man and his dog has these and I just gave up trying and rolled a ranger...

3.1: This entails a general nerfing of auto attack damage / general DPS

4: Nerf power regen procs. Its something that people never really noticed but power was removed as a factor in pvp ever since TSO. It adds another customisable component to pvp. Fights now can last indefiantely between stacked groups. I faced a double swash, brigand combo all with mental breach a couple months ago in a 6v6 and we lost because of it. Want to see more of this!

5: Nerf beserkers. I feel sorry for them because they can't raid but they are so stupid in pvp. You might remember you removed passive taunts from every class.... except beserkers. For example you have Insolence which forces everyone within 20m (and their group ZW) to target the zerker for 20seconds every 2min 30s, then Adrenaline causes everyone they hit to target them for 30seconds every 1m 30s, then experienced insight causes everyone to they hit to target them for 30seconds every 4minutes then if you are lucky enough to get off the zerker you have a 1/3 chance to go straight back to him. Not to mention they are top 2 DPS for group fights.

5.1: Nerf taunts in pvp, or more specifically give players a way to immune themselves to taunts for short periods at a time, this encourages teamwork with assisting and temps, and lets shamans single target heal once in a blue moon... (This is a maybe at best, see what others say)

6: Nerf Re use in pvp! for example PFT and Divine Guidence, for instance in our 6v6 I call for burns because I watch their defensive temps and I save my temps for when I see their temps, but if we catch a taunt or something our window is gone and we have to wait again. 6v6 for me turned into just waiting half the time then going nuts for 10seconds and after 10minutes and 3 burns...... we eventually killed a healer and the fight is over. I think Guidence is like a minute reuse, that is insane for something that makes you near unkillable unless you are fighting 1:3 or are terrible. Same with PFT, my ranger sits at 115% cb passively so I get to 175 CB with temps (40 more than anyone can get CM wise) and with broken auto attack I just watch people melt until their tank follows me around [IMG] -
    I strongly believe Predators/Sorcs etc should be able to kill anyone they want with full temps (LORE FTW) but to do so every minute or 2 and with enough lifetaps to stay alive 1v1 forever, its stupid...

7: Fix survivability. Assassins can put out the most HPS of non healers and still top the parse and kill at their leisure. Same with Sorcs, with manashield, wards, damage reduction etc, its just stupid. I play a battlepriest, the epitome of solo-bility (LORE) and its pointless, I have to use stampede and thats no certainty to kill people (the most OP spike buff in game).

7.1: This also relies on fixing auto attack! Which is really quite simple, reduce auto attack damage by 50%, boost ca damage depending on base ie; Quick Thrust +150% damage, Eviscerate + 50% Damage, Assassinate +10% Damage.

Thats all I can think of at 3am, sorry for the formatting.

As a final warning to the PVP dev, you walk a fine line in removing procs because the time taken farming all this old gear is what keeps half of your subs on Nagafen going...
  19. ARCHIVED-Ebofu Guest

20. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Ebofu wrote: