Pus and Stuff PQ in Detroxxulous difficulties...

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Merriel, May 25, 2019.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I hate to start this off with a negative connotation, but this is by far the MOST ANNOYING PQ I have participated in as of this date. When the effect of throwing us up into the air was introduced in the Lake of Ill Omen PQ, I actually thought that was kind of fun. but there is such a thing as overdoing something, and that bouncing in the air effect is starting to get really old really fast. Please, please reconsider using it in SO MANY different events because it is becoming way beyond annoying.

In addition, it is a Saturday evening on Maj'dul server, and we could NOT pull together a full raid force for this PQ. We had approximately half a raid force, and half way into the PQ, we did not even have the mob beyond a quarter of his health, so we gave up on the PQ. Still, 30 minutes is a lot of time to invest in something that was doomed to fail. This mob moves way too much and punts us into the air way too much to even be effective in the fight. If it is this difficult to pull together a full raid on a Saturday night on the busiest server, I hate to think what it must be like for those on less populated servers. Perhaps something needs to be done to make this PQ a little easier, so that half a raid force has a shot at being successful? It surely would be nice.

Other than the bouncing effect in so many of these Chaos Descending PQ's, I have actually been enjoying these PQ's, when we are able to gather the numbers needed to successfully complete them. but I simply cannot fathom how we are going to successfully complete this PQ even with a full raid force. :/
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well,... maybe,... they think they are programming for the infantile,... who think it fun to be bounced on another's knee,... weee,... :rolleyes:
    or.
    being hateful, vindictive, spiteful,... purposely make these events TOO difficult to attain said achievement, reward, benefit,...

so.
    is there any resulting difference between the malevolent or the incompetent?
    nope.
    both results are exactly. the. same.
    Breanna, Pixistik and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I hate that Air on for the same reason.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Breanna like this.
  4. Chrol Developer

Next update, Grymcyst (for Pus and Stuff) will knock players into the air less often at a reduced area of effect.

Same with Wizziwix (for Hot Air Buffoon), who I believe you're referring to, Cyrrena.
  5. Ragna Well-Known Member

You don't need a full raidforce for Grymcyst, if you're able to pay a minimum attention to the fight.
    His knock back (well, knock up…) has a long cast time and not a huge radius (20m maybe even less), If you're not a tank (or drunk) there's no reason to get hit by the AoE.
    Not sure if it's still accurate (I haven't try to kill Grycyst lately) but there used to be a relation between number of players being hit by the AoE and the number of spawned adds. (pretty much why it was almost impossible to kill Grymcyst at release as the zone crashed when trying to spawn a bazillion adds…)