Purple War rune patterns.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Enigma, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Enigma Active Member

Will they be making these easier to obtain? why the RNG for these items? shouldn't it just cost etyma for each pattern like maybe 150 per pattern and 50p?
  2. Mindsway Well-Known Member

They're way too rare IMO but I doubt SOE will make them that easy to obtain, at least not this expac. :p
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

They just said on EQ2 Insider that they plan to make them easier to get and that some of these changes would happen *before* the expac.
    Mindsway likes this.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Hmm I wonder how much easier, I'd be shocked if they just had them on an NPC for etymas.
  5. Axterix Active Member

I'd imagine they'd just up the drop rate a bit. Hopefully for the advanced solo instances, as currently there's so little reason to do those.
  6. Mindsway Well-Known Member

As Matthew McConaughey would say, be a lot cooler if they dee-yid.
  7. Enigma Active Member

It seems like we will be able to craft them when the new x2 comes out. There will be a weekly quest(or daily? not sure) that will give players a crate (more RNG fun >.<) that has a chance I believe to give you a recipe to craft the war runes.
  8. Enigma Active Member

the weekly quest or daily quest requires you to clear the x2 zone I believe though :/
  9. Axterix Active Member

Hopefully there will be a way to get the recipes that doesn't involve 2x adventuring. Those runes are not raid gear, so the recipes ought to be accessible to pure crafters.
  10. Luzionist Active Member

Still have to be 475 in adorning to make them so it still is needing some crafting ability
  11. Hammdaddy Active Member

Honestly if they are now requiring raiders to be max crafters to make their gear i don't see how it isn't fair that crafters have to be good at adventuring to get theirs as well~
    GIndotto likes this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I get most of my rune patterns in the solo instances, like 75% of the patterns I have used and currently stocked in my bank, I attained running the solo instances. I have several crafter alts I finally leveled to 95 adventurer and I use them solely to run the solo weekly and a few dailies and get usually get 1 a week.
  13. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I was thinking about these patterns and something occured to me. All the patterns I've gotten I obtained when running solos with a poorly geared tank class (bruiser and zerker) in quest gear. While it took me some time to Finnish an instance with them I had a pretty good drop rate of these. Sometimes I could even get two per day. Since I've started running these with my way better geared sin who can finish one of these in 5-10min I've gotten Zero! Not a single pattern have dropped.
    could "time spent in dungeon" be a factor here? I realize this is a longshot and most likely I've just been having bad luck lately, but its still weird!
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Nah it doesn't effect it. You are just on a loosing run. When you open the crate you just have a flat percent chance of getting one of the patterns. Each one has its own rate, some are less chance than others.

I've gotten them on low dps toons that took 15 mins to run the zone, and high dps toons that took 5 mins.

About the only thing that is known to effect drop rate is in Pickclaw Depths. A dev confirmed that killing Bigz without pulling the chain, gives a better chance of the rare loot from the end named chest. Sods law though you end up getting the rare neck item though and not a pattern. It's the same with the heroic zone also btw, killing epic bigz = more chance of rare loot.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't know if they changed the drop rate, but I see 1-2 of these a night now doing heroics.
  16. GIndotto Well-Known Member

The x2 loot crate (after your first clear for the actual "quest" quest) has RNG for patterns......bad news is they're 3 uses only! Better than nothing though!