purple runes from AoM

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sious, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Sious Member

Hello all,

I was playing around and found somthing strange with the sigil of damage. You have a normal rune of damage per second that gives 27 dps. Now if you buy the flurry or some of the other purple runes you wil get the 27 dps+ for example 6% flurry on that specific rune.
    Its seems a big off that the normal dps rune gived you less as the other sigil of damagec runes for the same price.
    I would say this specific rune could use a little upgrade that adds somthing as a base just like the other sigils. A extra dps or ability modifier would be nice.

Or maybe i am missing somthing and somebody can explain it to me :)

Greeting Sious
  2. Lenolian Active Member

Every time you had a rune from the sigil of damage set (DPS, AE auto, flurry) it gives 27 DPS bonus. For every three runes of that set you get a bonus to AE auto, flurry and spell double cast. The basic rune of damage gives 0 DPS by itself because the DPS is added by the set bonus. You can see it as a placeholder rune right now, you will be able to replace it with better version of that will have a DPS value by itself (the mastercrafted rune of damage adds 5% on top of the 27 dps from bonus).

AE auto and flurry runes are a bit special as they are slot restricted, AE auto can go in 3 shoulders, forearms and legs, flurry in shoulders. Since they are restricted to some slots, they have been added to the sigil of damage set.

Its the same for potency set, each potency runes gives 0 pot and the set bonus is 10% per rune. But fighters can use their special version (fighter potency) on their chest slot which adds 34 potency by itself plus 10 from set bonus.
  3. Sious Member

Hey Lenolia,

Tnx for the reply but it's not compleet correct,
    For Example the Sigil of Defiance line with add Stamina on the 7 armor slots gives you for 1 item a set bonus of 60, altho the item itself also has a +5 stamina with is 65 stamina in total.

I still have the feeling that they should add a +5 dps on the item itself seperate from the set bons