Protective Instinct - Possible Bug

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Koko, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Koko Well-Known Member

Protective instinct (Druid Heritage Endline) mentions that the ward it generates is regenerating, however this does not seem to be the case for me.

It also does not crit, but it seems that this is intended for abilities of this type (VC, being the most immediate example) [also a 100k+ regenerating ward that is not shared would be pretty OP].

Is my case unique, or am I missing a key aspect of the skill?
  2. AricaJade Member

it regenerates at a very low rate once the ward is used up but the duration is still going. u probably wouldnt be able to really see the regen part unless the ward is used almost as soon as it goes up, then the entire 30 sec duration ticks off. check the parse after that time if ur group took dmg during the rest of the 30 sec, ull see some portion of dmg being absorbed by it. it's not very large because of the low regen rate, but it's there.

it's not supposed to crit. it's to be a max ward of 30% of the druid's hp at the end of the 10 secs that it's done charging, hence the no crit part. it says in the description that it's a portion of the druid's hp. this leaves out any chance of critting. it's still a REALLY nice ward since it is non-shared because i've gotten around 30-35k before.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

Ah, yes. The ward does seem to increase over the duration.

Based on some preliminary tests...
    The regeneration amount is not dependent on the initial ward amount. The ward will regenerate once roughly 18 seconds into the duration for 260 hp. The regeneration can place the ward over the initial ward amount.

These values are likely dependent on character stat values, however the single increment (and the low regeneration values) tend to indicate something is amiss.