Progression from Isle of Refuge?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ForeverRaynning, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ForeverRaynning Member

Hello!

So, having completed every quest possible on The Isle Of Opportunity... where would be the next place to go to start questing in a natural progression? Having looked at the soloing timeline I have multiple options but wondered if one would make sense moreso than one of the others?

I decided to go to Freeport anyway to complete the housing quests - NOTE: you don’t have to buy the house, just tour it and it completes the quests :D so that is where I currently am. The soling timeline shows 2 possible lines to follow within this area, ‘Freeport Outlying Area’s (5-15)’ and ‘Freeport Sewers (5-30)’

I suppose it doesn’t reeeaally matter what route I take next since the main point of Questing tends to be for levelling and gear, but also it’s good for lore...

If it helps, I’m playing a Warlock and I know some quests reward gear I can’t wear so... I plan on selling those things but it would be pointless to pursue a larger quest line that’s rewards where useless for me bar their monitory value!

Thank in advance!
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I think the sewers give more exp and certainly more fun.

With that said I generally pl myself with a mercenary and totems of the succulent until level 10 outside in Antonica, then ditch the merc and hit up Stygian threshold agnostics for a bit. On live servers anyway. But I have gotten plenty of low level time over the years so that is just me.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Eradani Well-Known Member

if you want to PowerLevel, then idk but if you want to experience the whole game...

dlw has a questline that gives you a set of gear that's not the best but certainly not the worst

the zones on the city bell - graveyard, sunken city, sprawl, and the ruins - have fun questlines and also named mobs that may drop exquisite chests which often contain masters for your spells. these zones also have "smart loot" which means if they aren't too low, they drop a master that you need. the graveyard quest also ends with a cool house item book. the ruins is the hardest of those 4.

if you're new and want to experience "everything", r-click your xp bar and disable combat and quest xp and do each zone till they're too hard for you. when you've done all you can, turn your xp on again for a bit - rinse and repeat.

when you've done all those zones, there's open air zones commonlands and ant, and dungeons wailing caves (off CL) and blackburrow (off Ant).

also, you can do the lowbie questlines in TimDeep, GFay, and Halas if you want. those 3 + dlw eventually give you a mount. you can do all of them if you want.

and again, if you're new, check out crafting for other gear (outfitter - tailor), spells (scholar - sage), jewelery (scholar - sage), or consumables like food (craftsman - provisioner), totems (craftsman - woodworker), potions - (scholar - alchy). woodworker also makes weapons and wands for warlock.

there's a crafting quest in west FP for 1-9 and in halas for 10-19.
    Dude, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.