Progressing Beyond 100

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stirkettle, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Stirkettle New Member

I'm a returning player; Kunark Ascending was the last expansion I saw before taking a break.

I recently hit 100 Conjuror. I've got multiple signature quest lines that "suitable" for this level, but I get the impression only one of them -- the Plane of Magic line -- is actually "worth doing" so far as XP is concerned, & that the others are a waste of time in terms of progressing quickly.

True/False? Or is it all a matter of opinion? It seems as if the Altar of Malice & Terrors of Thalumbra lines are very poor for XP; is Kunark Ascending better, or should I just drop them all & head to PoM? For that matter, since I really want to join my guildies, should I just bite the bullet & buy the boost?
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

If you're after experience points, PoP is the only way to go. ToT, Zek, the Scourge Wastes, and Kunark Ascending is level 100 content but the cap was 100 when it came out so it's not a leveling path direction. It would be a side road on the way to level cap.
    Twyla and Stirkettle like this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

For leveling, it's PoP to 110, then BoL to 120, then VoV to 125, then you do the new expansion. Chaos Descening, Reign of Shadows, and Renewal of Ro are also side roads meant to be at cap when released. You could technically do them but they were not made with progression in mind.
    Twyla and Stirkettle like this.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, there is a lockbox at the start of each zone beyond 100 with gear to get you started. If you stay in PoP for example past 110, stop long enough to hit up Blood of Luclin timeline enough to get up to Luclin to get the lockbox gear. It will be more powerful and let you finish the older zones easier.
    Twyla, Taled and Stirkettle like this.
  5. gambitak Well-Known Member

Plane of Magic is the only way to make any experience. Look on the EQ2 wiki and follow the quest line. There is really no other way, unfortunately. The levels go by quickly. There's no real challenge there; you may find challenges in the Signature Line, but they're ridiculous, too.

After that, it gets real easy; at least, until level 116. I think I was 112 after PoM and just zoned in and completed the entrance quest to the next zone and it shot me up to 114, almost 115. I have completed like 3 quests and I'm about 1 minute of game play away from 117.