Producer's Letter - April 2017

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Merriel, May 3, 2017.

1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

and though I may have a tendency to use extreme pragmatism, I trust it is obvious I am highly vested in preserving and taking care of this environment :D
  3. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on this statement... How is it evened out if 3 people are fighting one mob for 2 minutes while one person is grabbing 6 mobs and killing them in 2 shots. Don't think this is evened out at all. In fact it seems to be either related to raid gear or ascension. Granted I am only on lvl 4 ascension but not seeing much difference in the health reduction in a mob from an ascension spell to warrant the mob killed in 2 shots.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Rather than a zone, could give a designated zone.

Make it quite clear its a zone for Roleplaying Only, and have CS ready to act on reports with zone bans?

A whole server for RP would end up a ghost town, as there would be little else accomplished on it.

Also surely the whole point of Roleplaying is that it's up to the players to create it themselves? Surely with the whole of Norrath as their playground, there isn't any need for Dev time to be spent on it.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok, I stand corrected...coercion is the wrong word to use...I was under the wrong impression of the definition of the word 'coerce'. I apologize. The word I should have been using, and is what I thought 'coerce' meant, is 'baiting'. What they are doing is 'baiting' people to leave their regular servers.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Uxtalzon Active Member

That definitely cleared up my poorly-worded question. I don't like to compete (especially griefing another) but just a race to the finish pulls me back to the LDoN days in EQ1. The "win" at the end is just like PQs - I get crummy merc gear all the time but it doesn't stop me from going, because it's FUN to do them.

I'm more than willing to give it a shot if it streamlines the grind process. I'm already starting to do that with daily solo and advanced solo stuff in Tranquil Sea and Phantom Sea. The way I see it, if I git gud and bang out the co-op thing like a well-oiled female Halfling machine, we'll more than likely win anyway.

So thanks, mister Gninja. I will strive to gain 50 tinkering points today in your honor.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It was fun first 100 times ... not past mark 200 and most certainly no fun what so ever after mark 300 but it was necessity - where else you get fragments for epic 2.0 upgrade? Nothing outside those remotely interesting. After Epic 2.0 - Iskar Hero Sword all but useless, Charm while its ok because of resist and resolve its kind of low Pot and becoming completely obsolete with Ascending Charm. Hydra Helm was a relic to begin with and practically EVERYONE have from weekly/daily quest full bag of mythical chest/legs. But at least feeder had another good reason to go after it - 36! riles medals (2-3 zones and you at 108 medals per game session easy) but once you got your wrist/ring and may be something else there nothing really interesting to go after on mechant
    Uxtalzon and Jrox like this.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

True, but some stuff is supposed to get added on the ninth. Kind of excited to see it, so long as it's not all relic. I have like 5 relic pieces now and we can only equip 2. Kinda redundant that anything cool is relic. I understand the stats are in such a way that they felt the need to relic this stuff. But having the Tomb, ring and wrist off of vendor, legs, chest, gloves, etc... kinda lame imho.

Just sayin...
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I have relics that go in 4 slot armors, wrist, ring and soon charm. Choice is easy thou - wrist/charm (most pot on it). Status is easy come nowadays so I am not really worry about it anymore. From what I heard from AMA merchant will have some new white adorns and something else. I have gut feeling it will be something similar to mushroom merchant in ToT (which may be not a such bad idea thou)
  10. Uxtalzon Active Member

More than half of what you're saying is beyond me because I don't own any expansions so I simply don't know. All I can go off is what is available to me now, which I've started running solo missions and done over 150 PQs. I have three hydra helms and no alts but I still go to KP, because it's fun.

If this co-op feature thing gets boring after just 20 runs and players figure out everyone needs to do it 200+ times, then yeah that is a serious problem. I just won't buy it. I have the cash, Daybreak has to earn it from me.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong PQ was (and is) great idea of public raid - more like not raid but public ZERG!!! (EQ1 term when you kill mob by swarming it with bodies). Each PQ have distinct unique jack pot which is attainable given time of repetition (took over 300 PQs to get my charm and sword). In other circumstances I could do those longer but not now lol - I am on the quest to complete my 4th Ascending to get that bloody charm (with -20% to re-use time).
    Again Fens and JW nowadays fall fairly quick - providing some ppl present at start JW never walk past second ballista :) KP on other hand take good 15+ minutes from time than KP start baubles and the ONLY insensitive to go after is 36 Rile Medals - once you done with ring/bracer ... its become less important. Biggest problem with PQ that you get 2 tithe points only ONCE per 6 hours or per day - outside of completing corresponding quest PQ no tithe exp what so ever sadly (and Ascending as well) - thus if you are on the grind mission, PQ not something you looking forward