Producer's 2013 visions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tyrus Dracofire, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

okay, not to get confuse as wishlist or to reveal next expansion.
    but this is for asking about game issues that need some time to researching or to improve game or better quality.

problems...
    1. limited vault slots and bank slots are outdated.
    we got too many pets, dungeon's limited edition elite mobs, illusions, and too many "poly-morph wands", and loads of SOE's SC market items, armor crates.
    Solutions...
    need 7th slot bag for harvesting
    make "crafter dressing panel"
    make illusions as spells or move to "illusion inventory", or make them house item "Miniature figurines"
    make "Warehouse Vault" zone aka prestige storage house.
    increase bank slots if needed
    make "real armor stands", please!!!
    add 1 vault slot per house we own.
    make shields, cloaks and weapons as house items from raid and rewards.

2. 20 homes owned is current capped.
    any "ETA" on new cap raised?
    folks been asking for months as i seen on other topics, still waiting on...
    Caves- various types...
    Large type creature lair/dens, crystal cave format, grendel's den model look decent, dryad's grotto, lava-carved tunnels, sunken tower ruin, there so many to list other caves.

any new "guild halls"? what about smaller version as "Clubhouse" for very small guilds who cant afford weekly status point requirements, just basic 2 rooms instead of player owned home?

any new dungeon maker zones?
    ship to ship battleground? new ship adventure. hopefully new zones would stop "multi-mobs" exploits for token farming, it was meant for "story-telling" dungeon themes.
    "torture chamber", sewer system, cavern, many others to add?

3. PLEASE bring back "ring event" mobs, after clearing some specific mobs, and the leader spawn. we dont see those often.

4. outdated raid zones/ghost town empty raid zones that not used, they all need new breath of life back into, more options added for "solo epic-mode" with less rare drops or switch out for "Shard tokens" instead, and go see epic vendor type.
    add newer rewards for old zones, upgrade with new shard token format for groups and raids.

5. since we got flying mounds, some old overland zones would like a new special "ariel collection".

any ETA with producer's letter to players, it been awhile and 2013 is right around in few weeks, and players feel that SOE team are getting out of touch and not heard so much with "Windstalker" Holly, or SJ not had time to share news with players since Eq2's Live at Bally's in Las Vegas, and many other players cant afford the trip and folks from overseas are getting to feel leftout.

dev and producer, hope you can deal with these issue fast and to keep the game feel fresh, please....
    just only discuss what up in the "corner" and make what you can do for winter/spring 2013 update plans and some maybe can push it back to later date.
    those on the list i put on are just pipe dream and like to seen them taken old issues solved.
  2. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

part 2....
    6. crafting need some improvements.
    goblin/pony harvest returns, often when i am near full, i get overflow, they need to be in "Bundle" instead of several clickings like 1,1,1,3,5,1,1,1,3,1,1,1,3,3,5,5,1,5,(need to say more?), what i would like to see if it get overflowed, they should be as 45,55,15,24,75.
    as mentioned above, add 7th slot built for harvesting.
    please add few new "craft shard zones" as those shadow crafting zones, some players need fresh location, staying in same four crafting zones getting stale, and would like to get new volumes only from these new zones instead of recipe vendors, only special for house items, even armorers and weaponsmiths would want to keep and turn them into house items, kinda like those "room expander or item expander" tool for converting raids, legendary, or special items into house items.
    for example, fabled shield long passed outgrowned, and dont want to discard to vendor or muting, and want as a keepstake, or as trophy decorations.
    harvest box in personal homes are too limited and very expensive if making several boxes and put in different location due to "LORE" tagged., 2 for raw tiers 1-50/60-95, and 1 for festival materials.

frostfell crafting are limited to seasonal festival and others can use at anytime of the year, i did collected materials, but had no time for fun crafting due to hard sheduled raids and too tired to do them after the raids.
    would be nice if we get special prestige zone or make off-season craft table.

7. add new "Plushie Merchant", trade in raid tokens if these old raid zones get a new breathe of life makeovers by adding new shard tokens format, so they can buy any miniature figures, maybe something fun for "chess decoration", add new "Tall Display Case" models for city/grotto festivals.
    many players who have tokens from raids are often had nothing to spend and need to buy something if they already had all the upgrades.

okay that all for now for devs team and producer have time to make thier viewpoints and to keep in touch with player base.
  3. mouser Well-Known Member

Move the 'clickies' to the character tab and you solve a lot of this. Otherwise, it forces you to make some choices. You shouldn't be able to hoard whatever you want forever. It wasn't that long ago that six slots was a luxury - you've also got 12 in your bank, plus salesman crates. Not to mention the boxes keep getting bigger and bigger. Believe it or not, all that does put a strain on the DB, and they've only go so many hamsters to go around.

Roll some alts and grant trustee access (this should really be done automatically IMHO) to them. Problem solved.

I am a guild of one. I have no issues paying the weekly 100k for my guild hall as long as manage to log on for an hour a week. The only reason I don't have a tier two guild hall is one isn't available in Gorowyn (by far the most convenient IMHO). Hint: Bonemire writs give good fast SP, as well as some other places - find ones you can 'double up' on or at least have all the mobs in the same area.

I'd rather they put that effort into making "different" houses - example: Qeynos and Freeport, the three room house, the "big house", and the four room house with the walled courtyard all feel very different. Other zones look like they simply took out the stairs to the other floors (Neriak, I'm looking at you).

This I'm all in favor of, but I don't know what the best way is without making the content too hard for new players that actually want to go through them. The 'raid/zone' of the day is probably the easiest to implement. Don't they do something like this with the Chrono guys?
    Taysa likes this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I don't think we need a 7th harvest bag. Upgrading the wantia bag to 48 slots should be sufficient. It should also be an easy fix. All these other ideas for expanding storage and housing capacity are probably technical nightmares that they may never overcome. In the meantime, people need to find a way to work with what they have.

I've been talking up Frostfell since before the last one. I -hope- they finally put some changes in to accommodate those of us who don't have the time to actually do much crafting and decorating during the month of December.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a way to revamp old raid zones or content. Add a "Challenge Mode" To the zones of sorts making ALL encounters within scaled up but perhaps keep their same mechanics. This would be a large task for it but I certainly like the idea behind "Epic-Solo" on old content, perhaps would give reason beyond just plat farming. For me though plat-farming zones is relaxing, I get a guaranteed reward for spending my time and I do it at my pace, same for if i want to group up for current zones I do it at a very fast pace. I have been called a maniac of a tank before :D.
  6. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

oh, not that farming plat exploits, i am sure the devs can create zone timer access locked up if solo so they cant reset too soon, that would solve plat runs. all i am asking for new life to old zone with "token" runs, not asking to be "easy or extreme" modes, they could scale base on DoV's PQR (Public Quest Raid).
    i love that Hedge Hollow's epic buffs script, that what i like to see in old zones, but not meant for current most active raid zones until the become ghost-town.
    so we need to do something by keeping them fresh.

it okay to get some critic, devs need "pros and cons" point of view, and when we find some old problems and find out what is dev's plans to reviving old zones.
    dont like my concepts, but that okay with me, you all did post your pros and cons and seeing what the flaws, it is not my job, it goes to devs and producer, and they need to work out the plans, i just jumpstart to remind them about some issues.

Mouser, right, i am terrible pack-rat, it mostly from those armors and lot more from SC, and now i cant buy anymore, and several are still in crates unopen. these mannequins are the jokes, these items are still in the bank, these were meant for dress up for "3-D" perspective way before new "appearance" window were added and viewing, so it made mannequin outdated and only for display.
    i understand your concern for data stress, i do think if they add a seperate "prestige" zone (maybe not in cities), maybe isolated local zone similar island for T3 guild halls idea, but another location for "warehouse".
    it wouldnt hurt for dev team to test stress level in various locations if they have time, and if they do, and find something not in the favor, they could explain if not going to happen or wait for new tech that improve stress pressure.

another thing, devs add loads of new gemstones for Obol/EJ/SS, and i am not happy to carry those gems, they are the ones who didnt realized, i didnt like current combat scripts that required those gemstones from zone to zone, it should have been one of "clickable" objects that could help defeat zone bosses, but why dragging those gemstones?
    these just clutter up the packbags so bad.
  7. GabenBison Active Member

No, this would be completely waste of resources. Right now what needs to be concentrated on is endgame content by the developer.

Maybe if possible later on they should expand the player studio to allow individuals to revamp old content to make it more suitable. Say something like revamp Thundering Steppes. Make a contest, who can make the best revamp that can be submitted that is consistent with the overall zone. Give out simple sdk tools to allow mob/entity placement and the original file of the map (tbh im not sure even how EQ2 zones are made. I'm assuming the engine is middleware, and that the overall overland zones and dungeons are created in Maya Autodesk)
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

really like the "Upgrade the wanita bag to 48 slots" idea I would use that.

couple other things I would love to see:

Some form of wardrobe added whether that is a character tab or something we can get for our house that allows for storage of all those different outfits with the ability to change outfits quickly without being creative with the macro system. Personally I would prefer it be an item in your house rather than a tab cause then it feels more real to "run home and change real quick".

Fuel Supply Depot for our home, works like tinkered harvest box or guild box but only holds fuels. Needs do have enough slots to hold all the vender fuels (I think 69 items I could be wrong there).

Tab to store the quest related items, if I have a vile of horrible acid to feed to the bad guy. I REALLY don't wanna mix that up with my max's miracle cure potion by accident, that would be bad.

As mentioned before in another thread a separate tab that we can dress up with our crafting gear and have that be a quick swap gear set. heck add two of them so raiders can use one for a quick swap defensive/offensive.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Don't think I stated that it wouldn't be a waste of resources and a massive amount of time. Revamping zones may keep interest but it doesn't sell more copies or more SC items. Most engines yes are middle-wear that just run the end products of models, meshes, textures and procedural lighting and physics. I was expressing my desire to see something that made old content have some relevant point to more recent things. Like the chrono-rewards were supposed to be but lets be honest the Chronomage armor looks like garbage (imo) and is not worth the time to get due to the way gear has been updated/left to rot if its not Crafted armor sub-lvl 90.
  10. ZachSpastic Active Member

My personal solution: sell everything. It does wonders for keeping my inventory under control.

I could never possibly need 20 homes for one character. I only use two as it is.

I like those.

I think older/lower level content should always be scaled down to solo/molo/small group, regardless of what it was designed for initially. How often do 24 man raids kill Darathar these days?
  11. Chronus Active Member

Heroic and Raid content that is not cleared all but cleared within a week, rather 3+ months BUT almost every boss to be a challenging yet doable encounter once you've geared up from previous bosses. Every boss to be rewarding or have something unique about them.

While you have to appreciate the little things (I agree that most mentioned would be nice) that the OP has outlined in the end it's about the big picture. None of those things you outline, in my opinion, will attract or keep people in the game. Or a better way to put it, failure to deliver those things will not cause people to quit, while failure to deliver on the content will.