Producer’s Letter: New Fabled, Ethereal Items, Server Stuff and MORE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Liou_Unrest Active Member

So, a few days later and only one drop server/game-wide?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

From my understanding, they thought they were too 'frequent' last time they were in the game, so I do believe they will be relatively rare. Although I never saw one last time they had ethereal weapons, I suspect I will never see one this time as well. And this coming from the person who was first to find out that Ferrin count maxxed at 15,000 on the currency tab without a warning before they fixed that then added the ferrin crates.o_O Someone who had nearly 30k etyma gathering dust before this expac. (In other words, I ran most heroic content every day and I don't box!)
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Bludgeoner New Member

Ethereals added way too late AGAIN! 4 months of using an ethereal, till new stuff starts to drop again... Soo sick of this kind of release.

Imagine as a Football fan, having season tickets, but only being able to go watch them from past the halfway point. Excellent work again...

Too little, too late in my opinion.

~Sits on beach chair and waits for Sunset~
  4. Belenos Well-Known Member

Have any other large races tried the Zepplin mount? I looked at the one on the marketplace, and when viewing it, I looked like either a full-blown Sarnak headless horseman on a Zepplin, or with a bit of imagination, a Sarnak with the biggest Stewie-football-head in the world. In other words, I am too tall for the mount, and my entire head disappears into the "baloon" part of the Zepplin (the "envelope?). Not that I would want one anyway...just seem like they would be cumbersome to me.
  5. Wintir Active Member

Was there ever a good and logical reason provided why server merges haven't occurred yet? The x-server grouping initiative seems like such an overcomplicated "solution".

What am I missing here, people?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Bludgeoner New Member

This forum was about Ethereals, but i'll bite...

They won't do server merges, but are looking at the possibility of opening two (2) new progression servers!!

It's a cash grab coming, to get money from the last remaining players (and maybe a few who return for a brief stint for the new progression servers), when the new servers go live, and everyone flocks there, there will be an influx of DBC store sales, from people buying xp potions, bags / backpacks, mounts ect ect.

It just happened in EQ, with their 2 progression servers.

I don't hate, I am just very disappointed in a game I played since 04. I never posted in forums till recently. I've seen all the game changes this game has undergone from the beginning, good, mostly bad (just my opinion).

Why did I stay if mostly bad...? The people you meet.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Wintir Active Member

Actually, no, not exclusively.

The OP Thread Header reads:

"Producer’s Letter: New Fabled, Ethereal Items, Server Stuff and MORE!"
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Belenos Well-Known Member

Not everyone will flock there...I know I won't. I have put in way too much time and money into my little army of characters to ever start all over again.

Now if the new server were to include the Isle of Refuge and the Overlord's 'whatchamacallit' (forgot the name!), and also the city racial quest lines, I would definitely spring for two more character slots and roll at least an 'evil' and a 'good' character to play through those again. Otherwise, not likely, simply because I ask myself "Why?" and I cannot answer the question with any compelling reason at all.
    Prissetta and GrunEQ like this.
  9. Raeven Well-Known Member

Do ethereals drop in the heroic contested, or just the regular heroics?
  10. Wintir Active Member

They did say both, Raeven :)

Mind you, both are beard-growing events.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Yuudai Member

Will the Time locked servers be locked from us silver accounts like eq1?
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Rose, I don't know what class you are, but I had an incredibly difficult time with this on my bard or any character that had speed buffs. Turn them off if you have them and you should find an incredibly new world of being able to cruise right through the jumping columns.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Seriously? Did you even think before you posted this trying to make a point?
  14. Ludovicus New Member

Last Xpacs weapons didn't take decades to drop. the only rate change I've noticed so far is the Master spell rate has been increased
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

What about those seasonal events don't particularly cater to solo players and crafter's? Now go away, bad troll.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You want the devs to develop raid events for solo crafting events only available on an annual basis? And you call me a troll? That's the funnies thing I've read in ages. If you want to be taken seriously, you might want to try logical suggestions.
  17. Priority Well-Known Member

I didn't say I want that at all, learn to read. Nice necro post btw, only took you a month to think that up?