Proc's do not hit off of ranged attacks

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-rareyrare, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-rareyrare Guest

Their description is pretty general, "On a successful combat attack..." however they never seem proc off of ranged attacks. I've noticed it before, but never commented on it. Things like weapon adorns (greater rune of blasting), which proc for spell casters and melee and the proc off of the Grimblade which is the same type of description do not proc off of ranged attacks.
    Is this working as intended? If so, could you please change the text to read melee, instead of combat? It would be a lot less confusing. If not, PLEASE look into this :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

Usually Procs on Melee Weapon do not proc off bows. There are some that do like the Maestros Flame.
  3. ARCHIVED-rareyrare Guest

Noob1974 wrote:
    If that's the case, then they should change them to read melee imo, not combat. And then, why the heck do spells proc the adorns??? SK's and pallys get double chances on their weapons? If they don't want to change it, then at least give us a dmg proc adorn for our bows, currently we can use dps/crit/da... but those are pretty easily maxxed anyway imo.
  4. ARCHIVED-Floyd3421 Guest

Add it to the list of things that SHOULD, but DON'T work for Rangers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

As soon as they let bows proc from melee attacks.
  6. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

In general,
    Procs on melee weapons do not proc off of ranged attacks.
    Likewise, procs on ranged weapons do not proc off of melee attacks.

Imagine that, Balance.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Geothe wrote:
    except it is not true. There are several melee weapons in the items forum that are procing off ranged attacks.
    Can I ask if you even play a ranger? Anytime there is a ranger thread you are there making snide comments that are obtuse at best flat out lies at worst.
  8. ARCHIVED-rareyrare Guest

Geothe wrote:
    If that's the thinking on it from the Dev's... hmm...
    But riddle me this Batman, why do weapon adorn procs go of for casters?
    Why are Rangers the ONLY damage dealing class to have at least 3/4 of their CAs/Spells have absolutely zero chance of procing these things?
    Imagine that, complete imbalance.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

If the explanation is that melee won't proc off of bows, why are bow procs always about 1/ to 1/2 as effective as their melee counterparts?

We don't need to proc off of swords. We need bow itemization that isn't a complete afterthought.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

I'm going to agree with the last comment, and add something to it. Right now bow procs are not equal to melee (especially DW) procs. Why not make melee weapons (for non-casters) only proc off melee attacks and ranged procs (bows, throwing weapons) only proc off ranged attacks. Make them completely separate but balance them out. I believe (these are my thoughts and not anything i read or anything like that) they have magic procs for mages and caster priests proc off anything because they don't get the benefit of auto attack... not to say this is "fair" but I believe that could be one explanation for it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Gaige wrote:
    \aITEM 182144713 -1396511028:War Bow of the Traji-Kedon\/a
    Supposedly this procs off melee but I want to make the guy who got it do some more tests.