Proc Question

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Melrog, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Melrog Guest

Does anyone happen to know if the proc weapons help keep/maintain aggro while tanking? Or if in dps mode, they peel aggro off the tank? I haven't yet bought any weapons that proc yet, but want to in the future. The reason I ask is I played a monk in EQ1 for about 2 yrs, and I remember the procs could easily pull aggro off the tank if I went on a proc rampage. I realize this isn't by no means EQ1, but wondered if they had the same effect?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jarilon Guest

In my opinion the proc does add to your agro. I've regained agro after a proc (right after I lost it) and also stolen agro after a string of procs when not taunting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tully14 Guest

I would say yes they add agro. I had 2 procs within like 2 seconds and the tank at the time made a comment about how bad the mob hated me. I certainly do seem to keep agro better since I got 2 proc weapons, especially from scouts.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fevvs Guest

well, logically it should gain aggro unless there was some indication that dmg from a proc firing off was not linked to its producer - which i have never seen stated.

my experience - oh it gets hate. i got incredibly lucky last night and had a rapid swings hit with a proc and then another proc right after which turned the mob and pinned him to me. i would venture to say that in terms of regular hate calculations, it falls to dmg linked to its creator.