Problems with Bloodskull Valley (Both Instances)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Remo, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Remo New Member

I was doing "The Return of the Light" quest with a boxed group. We got to the next to the final step where you have to kill General Drull in Bloodskull Valley: Maulic's Stronghold. We each went through the dialog with Amulius Ramio and he instructed us to enter the instance. The first time I selected Bloodskull Valley: Maulic's Stronghold and it zoned me (and my group) into Bloodskull Valley: The Evacuation Site instead. I completed all of the steps to the quest given there and after triple checking that all of the War Machines were burning, the quest would not indicate completed. I exited The Evacuation Site and reattempted to zone into Maulic's Stronghold again, After several attempts, some of which splitting my group between the two instances, I finally got everyone into Maulic's Stronghold. I killed all of the waves of attackers and General Drull. I had done this quest on several other characters before and each previous time killing General Drull simply completed the quest. THIS time the quest log stated that I "needed to recover a broken Sword of Truth from General Drull" but there was no sword on Drull's corpse. Now I have to wait like four days for the instance to "reset" before I can kill "General Drull" again---VERY frustrating...
    Twyla, Conrath and Carynn like this.
  2. BurnSetting New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Happened Once

Zone: The Commonlands 3
    Character: Level 24 Templar

Summary: The Return of Light General Drull
    Description: Upon killing General Drull for the questline The Return of Light the quest didn't update and the item we were supposed to get didn't drop. We are currently unable to advance the quest with the kill we earned.

I was a 24 Templar with a 25 Ranger and a 50 Warlock in the group killing the mobs. Every other mob previously was gray and gave us credit. Halp!
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Conrath New Member

Same issue just happened to me on Varsoon server.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Conrath New Member

Server Name: Varsoon
    Character Name: Kasimyr, 25 ranger
    Zone: Bloodskull Valley: Maulic's Stronghold
    Frequency: Once
    Time of Occurrence: 13:45 Eastern, 5/26/2022

My friends (a 24 cleric and a 50 Warlock) killed General Drull and looted him and we got no sword at all or update from the quest. We killed all steps up to this quest and had no issue. Can you please help and progress this quest for us.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

If he conned grey, a number of old quests aren't set up like newer quests and don't drop their updates unless they are at least green con. For other quests, I'd suggest keeping that in mind - Even if your L50 friend mentors down, he will be severely overpowered for a majority of the things you'd be fighting, though perhaps not immediately one shotting them.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Conrath New Member

All of the other updates worked
    Twyla likes this.
  7. mriguana New Member

The problem isn't that the mobs aren't green, it's that your group spread was outside of exp range, some quests won't give the hits if group spread is excessive, just mentor down, will work fine even if everything grey.

My problem with this damn isntance is how hard is is to get in at all - jsut sits at "waiting for zone server" - usually takes a dozen attempts at least, and each time exit drops you to desktop, and have to redo the hails, it's just silly. Excavation site works immedietly every time, but Maulic's specifically refuses to build.