problems loading ui causing crash

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-djinnz, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Piquet75 Guest

I have a similar problem. When I die in commonlands (only larger area I've been to so far), I get the exact same problem about 90% of the time and the only solution is to exit - which is getting a bit annoying.
    System specs:
    nVidia GeForce 6800GT GPU
    Athlon 64 4000+ CPU
    ASUS nForce4 SLI Deluxe motherboard
    *edit* Commonlands is the only area this happens to me, but then again I'm very new and haven't been to many other places and died there (except trial island, where it never happened).
    Message Edited by Piquet75 on 09-17-2005 05:40 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Ghartan Guest

Happening to me too ... stuck at Loading UI step ... for my main character. All my other alts are just fine.

This is also happening to a few others in my guild.

Something serious changed in recent patch to LU13 :(
  3. ARCHIVED-vochore Guest

this has been happeneing to quite a few people,some in my guild,its a bugits happened to me randomly but luckly only twice.
    you start zoneing get to the loading ui and it lockes up,last time it happened last night i was evaced to the beach camp,got to loading ui resources and then nothing.

i could actualy hear things going on around me at the beach"npcs talking,people dueling",but nothing else,did a hard exit,came back and i was back to were i was before evac.
  4. ARCHIVED-djinnz Guest

ok tried again after todays patch / reset, still the same cant play on either char. il keep my accounts active for 7 days and then cancel them, i have no intentions to pay for beta, espicially when i cant even log into that beta.
    Message Edited by djinnz on 09-17-2005 07:55 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-shamefu11 Guest

same deal for me, never happened before 9/13 when DoF went live =( only way i get out is to hit exit
  6. ARCHIVED-Kedlar Guest

I've had this problem a few times how. I zone and then get stuck on Loading UI. Normally I exit and log back in and its fine.
    Yesterday, however, I zoned out of the group arena in SP and froze. I logged back in and my character popped into game for 1-2 seconds then the game started loading as if I had justed zoned again and then froze on Loading UI. then any time I would try to log in same thing. I was unable to play for hours.
    I tried everything I could think of. Removing custom UI, ini files cachefiles, defualt UI files even any files for SP I could find. same problem.
    I tried logging that same toon in on another computer still frozen. I asked a guild member to try and log me in. They froze at the same spot Loading UI.
    I was able to move my character in that 1-2 seconds before I the game would force me to zone and then freeze. So I was able to move and jump back a bit and free myself.
    This doesnt seem like a client side problem, if the problem follows to other PCs then that would suggest its server side, perhapse the placement of the toon when you zone in?
    Ive had lots of guildies and group member have the same problem (being forzen at loading ui) so more are getting this error then are posting here.
  7. ARCHIVED-djinnz Guest

ok i got in, heres how, it makes no sense but it works.

i log in on my first pc as im loading in the zone pops up as it has been doing every time since i have been locked out, but this time i see a friend has sent me a tell. it drops back to the loading screen 3 times then lets me log in. im like [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]?.

so i quickly go to my 2nd machine and try log my other stuck char in (different account) there is no change, he is stuck as he has been for the last day. so i reboot his machine and try log in again, but this time as soon as his loading screen pops up, i start sending tells from my other computer and boom he gets in.

i have absolutley no clue what the problem was and why this worked, but it did. i zoned a few times and all seemed well. il post again if it re occurs
  8. ARCHIVED-Milthon Guest

I have this same problem, but with only one character. It has never happened with the other toons I play. It only happens with my main char and it is almost every time I zone now.

This is getting very annoying.
  9. ARCHIVED-Culann Heartstone Guest

Given that it happens in no NON DoF zones, and happens to multiple people with multiple machine configurations in expansion zones only (at least from what I gather) this is clearly a server side or code based issue that needs resolution from SOE.

This does NOT: (1) require changing drivers, (2) deleting INI files, (3) uninstalling or reinstalling, and (4) anything else pertaining to the modification or alteration of files as is possible by players utilizing the client for EQ2.

I have noticed after this occurs..I can move the arrow keys..and HEAR the character moving...people respond to me in voicechat that the character is moving for confirmation as well..however I still see the "loading UI resources" messages.

Clearly, this is a issue with priority since every time it occurs, you lose food & drink buffs, and that can amount to a fairly staggering amount of coin if you are busy zoning in and out of places in Maj'Dul.

Chop Chop SOE...get on this and fix it already.
  10. ARCHIVED-avandol Guest

Also happens in non DoF zones. something is clearly borked.
  11. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

I seem to have a similar problem. But mine happens during loading of entity resources in "clefts of rojark "zone,only to my main character.And I can't ever get on to play.I also get a error message"application ran out of memeory when requesting 1048592 bytes.Then an error message saying,the program had a run time error while requesting to terminate program in an unusual way.Oh,another similarity.No tech support response at all.
  12. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Rommie10-284 Guest

I had this problem with one of my characters, and I isolated my problem.

If my 48 Templar had cast Praetorate on my 47 Guardian, and my Guardian tried to enter a zone where my Templar already was, my Guardian would hang at the UI loading screen. If my Templar cancelled the Praetorate spell, my Guardian would then complete the zoning.

So in my case, there was a broken spell. When you zone, your buffs are removed, and then re-applied. For some reason, Praetorate wasn't being put back on correctly, and locked in the UI loading screen. I'm willing to bet there are other spells broken and causing this as well.

It could be the problem (broken buffs) or a sign of a larger problem, but I fixed my illness by dropping the buff.
  14. ARCHIVED-Actfive Guest

<raises hand>

Same problem as people above...The only way out is "exit"...Happened three times on my main in DoF, and twice on my baby alt who is doing betrayal.
  15. ARCHIVED-PantherXX Guest

In short ... ME TOO.
    Lockup at loading UI. I have a UI that allows me to chat while zoning, and I can continue to carry on conversations, just can't get in the game. So the game is not completely locked up, it just won't finish zoning. This has happened in DoF and non-DoF (specifically, entering the Chamber of Imortality) zone-ins. I have noticed a problem zoning from PoF to SS with certain buffs on (problem = will not zone). Perhaps it is indeed a buff issue?
  16. ARCHIVED-Fearie Guest

Your post helped me and my boyfriend. If I loaded into somewhere before he did, he would hang at loading UI, and if he loaded in first then I would hang. We tested by dropping our buffs and it fixed it. Not sure exactly which buff it is, but it might be Verve, it seems that if I have Verve cast on him, and he logs out, it still remains on my maintained bar with the target saying either "unknown" or "out of range" and I'm pretty sure that never happened before DoF.

SOE:

Please fix this ... its certainly annoying having to recast our new and improved buff spells that don't need to be recast, but instead now they have to be recast every time we zone if we don't want to restart the whole game.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lonissa Guest

Going to add my "me too" to this.

I'm a 50 templar, and now that I think of it, I had Praetorate on a group member that got stuck on loading UI, and I've also had it on myself a few times and got stuck on loading UI.

Then again, could be any of my buffs causing the problem... is there a command to cancel all buffs?
  18. ARCHIVED-depechenode2 Guest

Ok, this IS RIDICULOUS! If not LUDICROUS!

This UI loading crap NEEDS TO STOP. It is now happening in every zone I visit, with ANY character I play. EVEN WITH DEFAULT UI!!

SOE CSR/TSR whatever they are called READ THIS THREAD.. many, TOO many are having the EXACT same issue either zoning/evacing or death reloading SINCE DoF came out LIVE.

Message Edited by depechenode2 on 09-19-2005 12:07 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Drewyd Guest

Hello. My husband and I are both having the same problem. As well as (so far)atleast 2-3 guild mates that we've seen. We all get stuck at "Loading UI Resources" None of us have custom Ui's . We all use default.
    Message Edited by Drewyd on 09-19-2005 12:56 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Ribs Guest

I'm having the same exact problem. Whenever the loading screen comes up I usually have to restart EQ. Happens almost every time I die too. Really annyoing :'(

This DOES happen to me in the old non-dof zones. I dont even have the expansion.
    Message Edited by Ribs on 09-19-2005 01:57 PM