Problem with my merc not wanting to fight a named

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Belissa, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Belissa Active Member

Hi all,

recently I am encountering a problem that makes it difficult for me to continue playing the CoE signature questline.

I'm a level 92 Warden and I have the SK merc with me. Starting the CoE signature quest, I have now to do all the solo instances. I did both in the jungle without a problem, ST was a bit hard (since the endboss is 10 level higher than me), but that worked out as well.

Now I had to do both Wurmbone instances. Already in Wurmbone's Crag, my merc didn't want to fight the endboss anymore. She ran towards him, hit him once or twice, then turned around and didn't do anything anymore. In the end I was able to kill bone-chair alone (with Vittia just staring at the sky doing nothing).
    Afterwards I was heading to Wurmbone's End. And now I have again the problem with Mrelg. Vittia runs to him to attack him, hit him once or twice and turns again her back to him. And alone as a Warden I am not able to kill him.

I had heard that when you pull too many high level mobs that this might happen, but since it is just a endboss, I doubt this is the case, since she tanked the level 102 boss fine, but doesn't want to tank the level 96 and 97 one.

Does anybody have any idea or solution for this?

Thanks for your help,
    -Bel
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I, too, had issues with my merc just standing there. Those boses and a few other palces, but at least in the other places, but at least if I TOLD him to fight, he'd fight.
    It seemed like he was doing SOMETHING, just not fighting, I was jsut too busy at the time to see what it was he was doing.
  3. SteelPiston Active Member

You need to start the fight and he will jump in. You can't use them as a Pet Attack like a fighting pet. If you are using the fighter; use protect and assist, then hit the mob with anything and then back off. Pathing is also an issue, as you are standing on a higher level. Get down there with the mob and the fox will see the rabbit.
  4. Belissa Active Member

Well, sending her in as a pet worked everywhere before and also in all other places (except when the stupid: "Your merc can't attack" happens from time to time). And I tried both ways, sending her in and starting the fight on my own.

I also moved around, going a bit up and a bit down. Sometimes then the merc takes the aggro back, but just for like 2, 3 seconds and then she turns again and does nothing.
    I'm still not sure if it might be a level difference issue to the mob, but I would like to get some confirmation on this. And it would be strange, especially since she was fighting the boss mob in Sleeper's Tomb 10 levels higher than me perfectly fine.

Also would be nice to know if I am the only one with that problem. I think I am going to test this today with the werewolf paladin merc, just to see if the same issue happens as well.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere on these forums about merc "cowering" or being afraid to do something such as the tank-mercs not wanting to tank 15 enemies for you at once.
  6. Belissa Active Member

I know and that would make sense.
    However, if she is able to fight a level 102 named without doing it, why does she start doing it on a level 96 and level 97 named (with no adds, just the single named).

I tried out the werewolf paladin yesterday and actually am surprised how good he is now. He didn't do the "turn around" thing and was fighting the boss perfectly fine. So it rather seems it is an issue with the "regular" SK merc.
  7. Jalek Active Member

I would expect there to be a little pay to win with the CE mercs anyway, with the other bumps in their stats.
    Still not worth $50 though.
  8. Ramone_AB Active Member

Well... something happened in the latest patch because the Mercs aren't wanting to heal themselves or me. I have been running WE and a few others and they just stand there and die. He used Sanctuary once and then just stood there. No heals cures anything.

Prior to last patch the merc would heal and dps and now they are back to previous implementation: Poor. :(
  9. Belissa Active Member

Is it just happening in WE?
    Would be interesting to know, since I had the problems in WE as well (and in WC) and didn't had them anywhere before.

A friend of mine is using stamper and she said that he doesn't behave strangely at all
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

Its not just WE, its across the board on instances and the mercs I've tested with, some will act fine with different characters and not at all with others, and vice versa. So far I've tested the standard Inquis, Assassin, SK, Brig, Troub, Dirge, and Warden across 7 toons through solo content and soloing heroic/epic content and the results are wildly different on every toon no matter the setup, and its all been since tuesday's patch. What really set me off on finding out was when Stamper went from being a BA for...well...all my toons save defiler, to being a complete POS on all of em.