Problem with Far Seas Trade. Co. Expedition Report

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I was able to bind the report, today but it took the length of 3 long ballads being played. Honestly, I had about 50 counters come up. The progress bar moved a pixel at a time with a long wait in between. I just did this quest, a few days ago with another toon, with no problems. I sure hope you can fix it before we have this for our weekly quest again.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Ugh, they made that stupid thing even longer than it already was???
    Feara likes this.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Mine behaved normally. Maybe it was a one time glitch for the op?
  4. Azomonas Active Member

Seems the same to me. A single innovation potion got me....about 1/3rd of the way last night and the rest was as long as ever.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Pop a progress right before the innovation. I've found it's less painful to do just progress then just innovation, though I usually do both.
    Feara likes this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Slow checking it I know, but I just did a couple last night and this morning and nothing seems any different. Long and boring but nothing different than it has been for a while.
  7. Gudum Active Member

Also did a couple last night, and didn't notice any differences.

The Potion of Progress does seem to be faster then the Potion of Innovation, and if you don't get distracted there is enough time to get in 4 rush orders.
  8. Wolfsbaine Active Member

It still takes me about 10 minutes to do the crafting. I also wind up with no power on my toons. I don't have any crafting gear outside of a few quested items. I do understand the need for it to take some time to complete, but 10 minutes for me to craft 1 item is a bit too long
  9. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

The trick is not using all buttons every turn.

Like I wrote another time:

1st bar use 4,5,6 and counter if needed
    2nd bar use 4,5 and counters
    3rd bar use 4,5,6 and counters again
    4th bar use whatever you like and your power allows

If needed put in a 1,2,3 to gain dura.

As additional hint, countering 3 and 6 brings back nearly 20% of your power.
    Countering 1 and 4 brings back a little power.
    Countering 2 and 5 brings back no power at all.

this is using the default positions form the craft window.

Using this will safe you lots of time.

Cheers
    Ang
    Deveryn and Wolfsbaine like this.
  10. Wolfsbaine Active Member

Thank you. I will try that out the next time I get into my crafting mood.
    Anghammarad likes this.
  11. Sambril Well-Known Member

Other things to help power management while crafting:

Reduce your power pool as much as possible by removing high level adventure gear. This is because power regen works on a fixed amount per tick, but the power using craft abilities work off a percentage of total power.

Use a good power regen drink and/or totem. Other regen buffs can also be useful if you have a friend or boxed toon (or you have the buff yourself :))

Of course anything that increases progress is gold. Increasing durability means you can concentrate more on the progress buttons. Increasing success rate means less failures and better progress.

Without using potions I can do the final craft in 4 - 4.5 min, half that with progress and innovation potions.

Edit: These times are similar to the time it takes me to do a rush order. While it was certainly a shock when they changed the quest and is a pretty lame way to make us work harder for rewards (though easy to implement), I am now used to it and generally don't bother with potions. Overall the effort is worth it for the reward, especially at the moment with quad etyma.
  12. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Did this a few minutes ago. It took me around 5-6 minutes for the final combine. Not using any doping stuff or craft equip.

What helps though is one purple warrune from the vesspyr drake that sells them. It enlarges your powerpool and gives you an enhanced power regen over time. Nearly all of my alts got this rune.
  13. Gudum Active Member

Only time I've had problems running low on power was when I didn't have any food or drink equipped. Most of my crafting alts are around level 10, so a small stack of White Tea does wonders (level 10 drink with power regen of 15.0 and duration of 5hr 41minutes).
  14. Cheesenabber Active Member

One of the helpful things to take, if you aren't a priest, is the first aa inthe dragon tree (looks like a person sitting with some balls floating around them). It regens 1% of power/health for each point spent, up to 10 points. Now the only ones I have power issues with, even on the looong combines, are my priests that don't have that choice.