Prismatic weapon choice

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-bora77, May 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-bora77 Guest

Hello fellow dirges,

I'd like some advice on the prismatic weapon... should I take the 1 handed sword or the dual wield sword?

We recently discovered a nice bard roundshield, which I hope to get too - it would run nicely with the prismatic 1h sword I guess.

I am sure some of you already had tomake this choice, your feeback is pretty much appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Hmm two procs, or +5 to bard skills, hmm.

Two procs :D

Also note, eventually who the hell knows when, but levels will not determine output on skills, just the level at which they themselves are ad1,ad3 etc.
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 05-20-2005 02:43 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Daernor1972 Guest

What quest is this for both the Shield and the Weapon...please? I would love to get these if possible. Also what lvl are they?..please

Ramiel Darksong Dirge of the 27th Season
    Faydark Server
  4. ARCHIVED-Moghedan_Carns Guest

drop from dalak, level 50 stuff

+5 dirges, ballads on it

I am guessing that is the one he talks about.
  5. ARCHIVED-Daernor1972 Guest

Many thanks, well at least i have something to look forward to. I still need to finish the PGT quest, and DWB quest...=)
    Ramiel Darksong Dirge of the 27th Season
    Faydark Server
  6. ARCHIVED-ForsakenFyre Guest

dalak? huh? who's that? dalak who?

as for the prismatic you have to talk to nagafen which requires several time consuming quests that require several groups of very high level people.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

The longest part is going to see naggy 11ty billion times...
  8. ARCHIVED-ForsakenFyre Guest

yup and then depending on how strong your guild is - it's even harder to get a strong enough raid force to take down all the drakatos, dragons, and whatnot.
  9. ARCHIVED-LsR^ Guest

Well the only Problem is Darathar, Drakotas can be killed by 1group. (the 54x4 are stronger than the 57x4 ^^). But Ontopic I picked the dual wield cause the use of the roundshield is, well to be honest there is no use ^^. If your good you take down named mobs with or without the shield (besides its realy ugly ^^). In Raidsituations my Agi is so extremly high Im at 100% Avoidance...
    Message Edited by LsR^ on 05-23-2005 05:26 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

My Mitigation is almost as high as crap [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] bards with shields, without one.
  11. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Shields do not affect mitigation.

=)
  12. ARCHIVED-Moghedan_Carns Guest

They say SHield Factor, not mitigation anymore.

And yeah, they only affect avoidance.

I guess all the times I thought it affected mitigation, I was seeing before the split.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Sigh ditto

Ok in that case I still have better mitigation then crap bards and all of Drow :D
  14. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

I have an institutional hatred of Drow (it's nothing personal these days) stemming back from my days in Ultima Online. May everyone always be better than them!!

=)
  15. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I would go with the duel weild option, but not for the reasons the others have listed. Think about the future of the game. September isnt all that far off and the level cap gets bumped to 60. Are you really going to want to use a lvl 53 one hander then? Situationally that would still be a decent off hander even at lvl 60 though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Ya know, I never thought of it this way, and I cant help but think what a great reason this is as far as taking the dual wield option. When your leveling up to towards the mid 50s I can see this weapon playing a role such as the PGT did for levels past its prime.
  17. ARCHIVED-Neozauberer Guest

Message Edited by Neozauberer on 05-28-2005 02:56 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Cabralmatias Guest

I got my prismatic last night :smileywink: and i went with dual wield cause honestly i love seeing those orange numbers flash above mobs heads and cause i dont like using only 1 weapon. I got enough of that in eq1 until i got my mod weapons :smileytongue:
  19. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

To bad they all look like happy pride swords :(

Gratz on your prismatic