Primal Chain

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Cosmo, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Cosmo New Member

Hello fellow Beastlords,

i have a few questions about the primal chain.
    • Do you cast your primal chain only when the ravaging proc is up (or delay the chain till ravaging proc is up again)?
    • Do you cast only your primals during the ravaing proc or do you extend the chain with other spells to keep up savagery (something like: primal primal spell spell primal primal spell spell)? In this case, the ravagin proc is likely be over before you reach your last two primals. (which is better in the long run: fervor or savagery)
    Thanks
    (Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language)
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Here is what I do
    Eth ravaging proc - I have my priority on what to cast depending on what is available basically hardest hitters are take priorities
    If I am running Etheralist depending on what is up but if everything is up than
    Cascading Force (it need time to get all 5/10 tics in), EA, Savaged Ally (I have them at Ancient)
    If the 3 above ability on cool down
    Levin bolt, Primal chain (first goest Luclin Pain/Savage Ravaging depending what is up in 4th slot with follow up true spirit venom - because it DOT and it need time to kick in on full) after that Dragon Breath/Nox Grasp/Claw/Brutal beatdown.
    Here is caviar thou - depending on if any ability from top priority list become available in the middle of Primal chain I might give priority to fast casting abilities (so I still able finish chain under proc). I would disrupt chain for LevinBolt 2.5s cast time, I probably will disrupt chain for EA if its pop early during chain but will save Cascading Force for next eth ravaging proc
    Also it make sense if you have your Primal chain up but no proc hold up for eth proc before firing chain
    About keeping savagery up - you have savagery freeze but then it down firing full chain will drop you merely from 6 to 4
    What is more important (if you can - I normally can't lol unless it straight tank and spank fight) keep ferocity up to 9 increment before firing chain
    Sometime when I feel that eth ravaging not procing to long I am go head and fire Primal Chain in a hope that eth ravaging proc will catch up somewhere in the middle of the chain (and I do have some of heavy hitters available to fully utilize proc)
    On Geomancer priority are different - things are on faster refresh but slower casting thus
    Erosion, Granite Protector, Mudslide (only 2 because 3 won't fit likely during battle lag) and if only 1 ability available then 1 ability + 4th slot Primal + TrueSpirit Venom + what ever is left (Nox/Dragon Breath and the rest)
    Anyway general logic is
    Priority hardest hitters and Dots always goes first (damage calculates on per tic basis)
    P.S. English aren't my native language either :)