Prim Stat caps

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ucala, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

the primary stats seems to be capped at 65%, which is fine imo. but what isn't fine is the requirement.
    on my 50 illy I need 770 int to reach the 65% cap, I have almost 70 int solo with no temps. with temps just by myself I go past 770. did a group with 4 guildies and I had 888 int without temps, almost 1k with temps.
    I oversee the cap without even trying, and really in just treasure/legendary gear. it's honestly a joke
  2. fireburd Member

hi ucala are you coming back to BG so I can wreck you ? I am only level 95
  3. Kahleem Active Member

BG is a joke, why would you bother? There's something called DeathToll :')
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

ignore fire, he just rages in BG thinking he is good
  5. fireburd Member

fireburd is a legend in BG Ucala you know that but what is this Deathtoll ? is it pvp ? Is it a place where nubs get wrecked by legends even when they are level 100 and the legend is only level 95 ?
  6. Dixa Active Member

depending on how fast the first expansion unlocks, i don't know that this is really an issue worthy of developer time that would not hose the non-pet classes as they level. it's not like spells do much damage anyway right now.
  7. fireburd Member

I know what deathtoll is it is the timelock pvp server like naggy, the problem with open world pvp is that AND THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS you will get a group that seeks out and wrecks a single toon trying to do a quest not ready for pvp or you get an op pvp player like bosque hiding at the bank in stealth and wrecks you while you are turning in your loot........

BG for all its flaws was people ready to fight not parasites praying on people doing a quest or going to the bank..........

and that is the fundamental problem with a pvp server it is NEVER a fair fight on a pvp server

BG was as close to making it fair as is possible I have been on naggy for years but there was times I just flat out didn't want to pvp while I was doing quests then I go to the forger and try to forge gear and bosque is hiding there and rolls me how the **** is that PVP ?

BG is pvp you fight people ready to fight you I understand you nubs have no pvp skills that is why a level 95 legend wrecks you when you are level 100 but make no mistake fighting somebody that is not ready to fight you is NOT PVP !
  8. fireburd Member

and I have to say back when everquest 2 first came out back when I first joined naggy I would have groups that attacked me solo in butcherblock. that is why I chose fae to fight them in that zone because I could climb the mountain and jump off fae has glide and not get hurt and escape if I needed to but most times the groups where no more than 3 players and they were nubs and I would wreck the whole group but if I couldn't I would jump off the mountain in butcherblock so I wouldn't get wrecked but bare in mind I was solo fighing groups seaking to roll solo players

the problem now is we don't have those nub players no more soe didn't advertise or market this game like WoW did and daybreak didn't either we are all veteran players now
  9. Dixa Active Member

stop spamming. pvp is irrelevant in a game where it was not built as a core mechanic.

want to prove your pvp prowess? go to eve or a Korean blood shard for one of their games. there, every single aspect of the game is pvp. this is kiddie land in comparison.
  10. Wulfhammer Active Member

I quite like reading this Fireburds posts, very entertaining....
    Carry on...
  11. Milambers Active Member

I'm running a lot of str/agi/sta gear on my Mage for the dps mod because INT is already capped even with all my jewellery off. Pretty awful itemisation at the moment.
  12. Kahleem Active Member

As far as I am aware DPS mod only affects auto-attack (aka: same as attack-speed) so why would a mage ever care about meleeing? AA's aren't in for melee enchanters yet :p

[edit]: You also forgot how the differences between level 20, 30, and 40 gear is pathetic.

Level 20 gear == +12,+13,+14 on stats
    Level 30 gear == +13, +14 on stats
    Level 40 gear == +14, +15, +16 on most gear....

Level 1-9 gear == +2 to +4 on all stats
    level 10 gear == +6 to 8 on all stats
    level 20 gear == BOOM WELCOME TO THE SHOW....stats

Meanwhile level 50 gear == anywhere between 20 to 30 on all stats.

Then, there's the SECOND mitigation nerf bringing my zerk/sk/guard down to 46% mitigation (from 70 something) with best gear in the game for your level. Meanwhile my defiler with worse gear has almost, if not as much, mitigation......in CHAIN.

SMH
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Ranged melee. Some wands do DPS.

Edit: Which can be quite annoying, because the wand usually shoots the mob as soon as you begin to cast a spell causing insta-pull, even if you're just trying to root the danged thing.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

mages should still auto attack. I want you to know that
    Mermut and Azian like this.
  15. Dixa Active Member

wands do incredible dps. at level 27 mentored to 25 in mostly level 20 gear I can sustain 350 dps combined single target on an actual boss monster that lives the duration with pet for about 5 minutes before power is totally gone. 180 of that is the mage pet the rest is me, and of that 180 about 60 dps is just my wands autoattack or 30% of my total personal dps output.

the wand is from the pq's and quite good for it's level. if you don't have a wand you should be up in melee range with melee auto attack on.

for these tests on the pq's with no raid around there was also a ranger playing with me. he was the same level in the same gear, and also sustained 350+ dps. on two attempts he was 10 dps higher. his auto attack damage was nearly 3 times mine with crits in the 2800 range. he was 29 mentored to 25 using the level 20 bow from the pq's. I didn't really look at his ability breakdown in act because I am unfamiliar with what is what when it comes to rangers, but he clearly cared enough to try and he got good numbers.

yes yes yes..pet classes are op. yawn. we won't be in this era for long.