Price of Krono going down on Broker

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Sixgauge, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The price of Krono on the broke has been stagnant since DoF, around 60-65... but a couple weeks before KoS launch I saw it up to 80 for a day or two. Now it's at 58p which is the lowest I've seen it. I don't check all the time, but I thought it would go up after KoS launch. It doesn't seem to be keeping up with the cost of shinies and some of the low level adv recipes are priced really high.

Anyway, just an observation and I guess stating the obvious there is less activity on this server than there was on FG and SH.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yes, bots have been disabled for the past few days because of rampant patches and the guy who patches it hasn't been able to. Plus a sale on krondawgs is happening.
    Kalika likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

DBG held a discount Krono sale. This means more people bought Krono, so the market is flooded. The supply is temporarily greater than the demand, and that drives prices down.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Just wondering what content people do famr and with how many accounts. All the heroic content can be duoed but that is not efficient and you can clear HoF and get only ornate chests .. indeed that is the usal case, that s why people do not run instances much (tirvial and boring and no loot) ... I don t know if there is a program complex enough to do the named tour.
  5. Krov Active Member

Most Krono are not even farmed on EQ2... Some of us have hundreds of them and can flood a server economy anytime we wish , without even playing this game.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No, mostly bots being down.
    They make their money hardly from heroics, mostly tradeskills and powerleveling people. There is also a lot of money in botting raids, and specific ways to farm money. Usually 6-12 mans. I've seen 24 mans and been in them, the plat from SLR is fairly weak on Kaladim at the moment.
    Yeah EQ1 you can sell specific items for 20-40 kronos a pop, but the real question is why would anyone splurge super hard on plat in eq2. You can buy every item you can imagine in eq2 with 20 kronos, flock, void portal, badge of thyr, etc. With the way itemization is as well it's not even very rewarding to bother spending massive amounts of kronos to gear out a toon as it has no advantages in the raiding or heroic atmosphere.
  7. Krov Active Member

That is the point Adoninilol , it is not splurging super hard at all. The server I play eq1 for example is about to hit PoP.

I am at the point of it's log into raid and the Krono market kind of dies at that point for eq and you still have 6 months of no content in eq1 .. Pop and Ldon are blah.

That is when eq2 becomes a backup , not just in a economic sense but a gamer sense as well.

The ability to drop a single piece of raid gear or MQ a epic in eq1 means a quick 25 Krono and I can take any toon on eq2 from level 1 to cap via shiney's , fully gear it , fully master it spell wise and be raid viable for the content I enjoy in a day.

Also if someone wanted they can manipulate the entire server economy at that point to keep making Krono on eq2 , as we wait for them to launch another Krono server on Eq1 . I know people that view that as the entire game inside the game.
    Kalika likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

kronos are also on sale right now
    Sixgauge likes this.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

Eq1 is nuts, currently a level 60 important focus item sells for like 2-3 kronos, and aoe armies taking advantage of bogus stunlock charge like 1 krono/hour. DBG probably sold for a millennium or two of playtime. Thousands of kronos are rotting on abandoned accounts. The justice department and the one of commerce should look into those borderline practices.
  10. Somedude Active Member

They farm coin by running for days on end in various zones that respawn. You can make around 12p / character / day.

Note, you can also make money doing writs if you harvest all the components. The coin rewarded for the writ is greater than the cost of the fuel. I've not mathed out the per day on this one for KoS, but its probably around 6p.

It's not my cup of tea, but they are out there. Generally as Adon stated there are more lucrative ways to earn by harvesting, power leveling, farming mounts to sell, and SLR raids. But when they don't have customers, are on lockouts, the random corpse loot adds up.