Prestige ports and your guild hall

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ladymist, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I dont know how to put this other than is there another way "that can be made" so that guildmates can place their portals without all being granted Trustee to the guild hall?

Trustee is a very big thing, and also I have had scores of folks want their house portal placed in the guild hall. We have had to make it so no portals can be placed to be fair to everyone.

Maybe make a designated area that you can have guild mates place portals, a area where only portals can be attached without trustee needed?

ps they dont like it when i mention theres a portal to housing and a door to guild hall for their house will get them back ;) also they dont want it in a shared house
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you want to allow portals in your GH, you only have to give the person temporary access to place the portal, then remove the trustee access as soon as the portal is placed.
    Portals add to the item count, however, so if you've got a bunch of people wanting to put a bunch of portals in (or a bunch each even) that will quickly eat into your item limit for decorating.
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

temporary Trustee to a guild hall..it only takes 30 seconds to swipe things..2 seconds to pack the guild hall.

Its like taking your very best house with the most rare house items from quests and a depot full of rares and saying to a group mate..here is trustee to my house for a minute so you can place a portal to your house in it...think about the possibilities. now make that group over a hundred people to keep adding to trustee for a moment or two.... you see where this is going ;)
  4. Grundge Active Member

what's wrong with the portal to housing amenity? they dont need to put in their personal portals.
    Finora likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you don't want to do it, the solution is easy. "No house portals in the GH"
  6. Shibi Member

That is so sad.

To think that one can't trust one's guildmates for the few seconds it takes to dump a portal on the ground. Pack is a non-issue. Any Guild leader who doesn't have a backup of their hall needs their head read. So that just leaves that you don't trust your own friends not to steal things.

How do you deal with your rares tab, your collections, loot and so on if you think that they will start stealing items with the few seconds of trusteeship as they dump the item.

Once it's dumped it can moved into place by any trustee so I guess you could do it in an empty room if you think so badly of your friends.
  7. Arastir Member

This. You don't need to place portals all over the guild hall.
    Finora and Mermut like this.
  8. Yaslin Member

This, and also if the issue is them wanting to get to the guild hall from their house for the low price of 100,000 status and a few gold pieces they can buy a Magic Door to the Guild Hall from any city merchant and place it in all of their homes, prestige or not.

This will help you avoid any trust issues and item count issues if that is what you are trying to do.
  9. Ladymist Well-Known Member

depots are different than access to trustee to a guild hall. also they are set to ranks. also bank tabs have proper limits

so your telling me you would trust hundreds of folks to have trustee to your guild hall? I like my guildies a lot, but any smart person knows there will always be a bad apple now and then. I have had a level 87 guild taken from me. many guilds have had that one that might take what they can from a guild bank ect.

And yes i dont have house portals to make it fair because everyone wants to place theirs. I just feel bad and am hoping the devs can have a fix for something they implumented in the game for all to enjoy
  10. Ladymist Well-Known Member

While I agree there isnt a necessity to have them placed, theres a lot of talented folks who decorate in the guild that like to show their stuff off to guildmates. Its easier to place a portal than to add a bunch of people to friends access, especially for those who dont want to publish their homes or arent done yet
    Feara likes this.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

do you realize that you can access the guild hall options from a shortcut window on your ui and not just from the front door?

you can literally stand next to a guildie who's ready to place a portal in your sight range give them trustee access and be ready to revoke asap.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Or just type /house.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If we didn't have the current housing window, I could see this discussion going somewhere, but it only takes a couple minutes to get to any city and bring up that window to search & visit.
  14. Ladymist Well-Known Member

what does this have to do with anything? Oh you mean if you type /house a person is less likely to take from you instead of saying going all the way to the guild front door and clicking few tabs?
    I dont think anyone Ever knew about the /house command :eek: or how to use it to collect a item deep within...or how to use it to leave the house when stuck in a loaded wall ect

ps you know the trustee can do /house too right?
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Don't take people into your guild you don't trust...
  16. Ladymist Well-Known Member

So your suggesting I only invite people to the guild if I know them well and trust them.
    That is not what guilds are for. you gain friends from being in guilds, you group with each other hunt with each other and make stuff for each other. you dont grant Trustee to your guild hall to each other lol that is not a normal part of the game. the restrictions in ranks and guild bank solves the trust issue. I am not going to turn down people wanting to join because i dont personally know them and trust them with the guild hall

I can see it now

Shamfast level 1 beserker level 1 artisan is paging You to join the guild
    You " I dont know you, group with me more and maybe"

Areiella level 27 Templar level 45 Carpenter is paging You to join the guild
    You " why you paging me , i dont know you, try one of those guilds that spam general"

Razorbeast level 95 Shadowknight level 95 Armourer is paging You to join the guild
    You " wise guy eh? have I grouped with you before? wait a minute you killed me in battlegrounds! get outta town!

Johnjacobjingle level 95 Beserker level 5 artisan is Paging Stethia to join the guild

You " Stethia.. get your fingers Away from that keyboard! We dont know where thats been!

sometimes I wonder if people argue for the sake of arguing.
    Feara likes this.
  17. Aran Anar Active Member

I know way back in 2012 there was a way to trade the portals to other players some how. My best guess it was click on get portal item, then send it to guild mate from that prestigue house interface. There was a post on these forums back in September 2012 about how to give portals to other players in game not needed to change the house acess setting to truste, could have possiable worked inside a guild hall.

I never found that post againit looked all over and did a serch no luck, it should be in here still best advice is to serch everquest 2 forums prestigue house portal or something close to that maybe you find it .:)

I had a guy join my guild then, now he dont play anymore, and his name on my station cash paid home on the door list of houses with portals, with no way to remove it. He had a character with a very strange name, like to make fun of my Guild 's Name, it might have been a joke by him, i will have to get a Game Guide to remove it from my house list, of course when i get gold account back, lame joke really. I was being nice at time not trying to pay attention to the character names, trying to get the guild going and organized, wich like you posted IS a good idea to think about how a char is named.

I like your post above, one of best i read so far, that is the problem we nice people have to go through in the game, and as a guild leader how to manage the guild and deal with the 'extravert' types that make problems. People do make up conspicous "slang" character names i think a filter would be good for those. Game needs new random name generator bad it would fix alot. Some people not play game to play it they play the game to hinder others usually because they dont want to put forth any self creative effert on there own. Hey invite my nice char your guild can really use and here i need my Alt invited a Barbaric Tarzan char you dont need with obvious a name designed to be a "Prank" I got tired of it myself very fast, i manage guid best i can and stay nice, i dont take characters into guild i do not like.

My way with the guild portals is, do i like them in game do i like there character, do i feel that i can click the truste button and have them place a portal and click it off with no problems. Do they 'put' a diper on there head in game and make jokes out of everything and mess the game up? Act creepy and harass other players with negative chat? Do they relay on 3rd party tools to get the game to do it all for them? Are they Board trools? Could be a nice new player only wants to play for fun and needs help. The jokers leave the game "sooner or later" and we go back to life how it is in game, much more fun :D

You could tell them get to a higher rank in guild to place guild portal that might help you like get 4th or 5th rank by leveling up the guild and getting guild status from guild writ agent. Let them know there portals do {Link} all there playar houses togetther, that can give them fast travel when they click leave house from city to city with city houses with a station cash type portal home in it.

Would make only perfect sence to update the game one day so that portals can be traded to other players or sent to other players, like right click portal select send to player type in name click send or mail it in game with the in game mail system.

A good update would be if you got a portal in a players hosue and you want it back you have a way to do that in game one idea would be to click the door to prestigue house then click on the list of homes with portals and be able to click a retrive portal button or at least right click the name and house listed there and get option to get the portal back.

Lots of things that could be updated to help out guild leaders and there friends to manage a guild, hopefully updated. Game changed alot after revamp some things that worked long ago back in 2007 not work like it did. Be nice to use mail with free account in the game.

Hopefully this helps you out some remember if you have problems in EQ2 manage a house or guild hall use right click alot there is a menu that comes up on almost everything in game inside a guild hall, placing items or moving them or send it to moving crate or retrive item all right click. Also can make a officer chat channel and change the chat color so that way you know when your good friends are talking in game to help manage guild faster and better:D

Have Fun ^.^

Arnar Anar <Arania> Antinous Bayle, Guild Hall open to all to visit ......... in game :p
  18. mouser Well-Known Member

This is what you do:

1) You get one guildie with an empty house - if he has an extra character slot for Housingportals, even betterdds.

2) They give trustee access to that house to everyone (so it works with the normal housing portal thing).

3) Everyone puts their portals in that house.

It actually doesn't even have to be a prestige house, a two room apartment should have plenty of wall space - get the three room if you want to go bonkers with it. This way there's nothing for anybody to steal, and everyone can place whatever portals they want without a problem. Everyone can get to that house from the housing portal in the guild hall.
    Feara, Deveryn and Wurm like this.
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yup. This. Do a portal to a hub house.
  20. Lucus Well-Known Member

well if you are so perceptive then if someone wants to place a prestige portal in your guild hall you can take note of exactly how many items you possess in said hall with the window open while standing next to them, grant them access when they are ready to place, if they don't drop the portal immediately then revoke their access or if they do drop it immediately revoke their access.

for someone to take items while placing a portal they ether need to have stuff close enough for them to target or more then a few seconds to place the portal.

My guild has portals in the our hall, we've never had anyone nick anything from placing a housing portal, because anyone that does grant trustee access acts promptly to ensure placing a portal is all the other player is doing.