Prestige Housing

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mirkwoodelf, May 7, 2022.

1. Mirkwoodelf New Member

So I was looking through the different options for housing as I just came back from a couple years away and started a new character that needs a home. The one that I liked the best is Ethernere Enclave. I'm not finding it in the marketplace though. Are some of the houses not possible to get anymore? If there is one, how would I go about it?

Thank in advance!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ephras Active Member

3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

No longer attainable is correct guess. Even though wiki shows it's buyable in marketplace for 3000 DB. We don't have any houses that cost that amount, this may be old info from way back.

This is something to feedback maybe, ask them to put that kind of content on marketplace since we cannot get it any other way anymore.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's weird; they're giving us the books of recipes from the older Collector's Editions (thank you x1,000! :D), but not the old prestige houses...yet (/fingers_crossed). Is it a matter of, if they price the old prestiges at less than $89.95, they think we won't buy the CEs any more (actually, if they gave us an a la carte option [and made it so getting the CEs would be a cheaper option than buying everything separately] for things like recipe books as a regular thing, mounts, houses, sales crates, etc., I'd like to think they wouldn't have to charge us that much for each...)? Is it a matter of, they think they've officially signed some kind of "exclusive contract" with the CE buyers, that DBG won't dare to put the houses on the Marketplace because then their elite customers won't love them any more (the elite customers ought to realize that no exclusivity should be implied, nor is DBG beholden to honor something that doesn't exist, nor is DBG prevented from changing terms as they see fit, since it IS their intellectual property)? :-/

I've bought CEs and upgrades to Standard Editions in the past, I've gotten my prestige places, and yet, I feel no rancor whatsoever towards NEW (we need new, o Powers) and returning players wanting what I have as well. :)

Uwk
    who'd love to have things made available that had been missed out on as well, for having made the mistake of not joining the game until 2006 :-/
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'd have to agree all around here.
    I honestly don't see any reason they wouldn't haven't put things like old CE prestige homes, mounts, recipes or similar perks onto the marketplace for a reasonable amount. Well, aside from stubbornly not doing things that could potentially rake in a LOT of cash.... Ok, don't make them available right away, but maybe wait a year or more after the expac they came with goes live. I could certainly live with that.
  6. Mirkwoodelf New Member

Is there a way to buy old CEs?
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Nope
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hence, our grumbling... :-/

Uwk
    who's always thought the Powers were strangely allergic to making money... :-/
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A good deal of the recipe books for the various architectural elements from the CEs since they started doing that have been made available (under Housing->Recipes); I'm not sure that the most recent one has yet, but I'd love assurance that it'll be a thing we can look forward to, like, indeed, a year or more after the appropriate expac. :)

Uwk
    Mirkwoodelf and Breanna like this.
  10. Celestia Well-Known Member

This is the home I’ve been asking for too. They could make a bundle of money if they brought back all the unavailable prestige houses. ESPECIALLY the Tears of Veeshan one. It’s honestly gorgeous and I want it so bad.
  11. Ephras Active Member

tasnee,

Here are similar places you might be able to get:

Hua Mein Retreat has a waterfall and a lake or river.
    But you can't fly in there.

Mara Estate with waterfall, river, castle, houses, and ocean (nice sunset from docks).
    Can be purchased from Yun Zi after completing all of the Days of Summer: 2017 quests.
    For some reason animals don't move around in here.

Vale of Halfpint Delight is a small island in the ocean.
    Animals do move around in here.

Have fun!
  12. Celestia Well-Known Member

I actually have those, but thank you for the suggestions. :)

I don't know, I love the vines and flowers and overall greenry of the ToV one, not just the waterfall.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. draidean Well-Known Member

I would also like the Everfrost Summer Home but I missed that CE (no idea what I was doing at the time but I guess it wasn't in game lol) and my feelings would not be at all hurt either if items I got with the other CEs were made available for everyone to purchase.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if it was like a handful of noisy Entitleds that got all bent out of shape at the mere THOUGHT (gasp! :eek: horrors!) that someone else might be able to actually acquire something that they had been assured was for them and them alone, because they had the foresight to be with EQ2 since Beta pre-release in '04, or that they had the wherewithal and free time and cash to be able to attend all the right events, etc. (back when they existed), and ought to be exclusively rewarded for that each year. Meanwhile, us reasonable folks here don't seem to have any issues whatsoever with sharing... :)

Uwk
    Breanna and draidean like this.
  15. Celestia Well-Known Member

Exactly Uwk. Just because some of us didn't and don't always have the funds to play, that means we should be left out? The mercs I understand and the pets as well as other things. But Housing and the recipes that they made available (thank goodness) should be attainable by everyone who at least is willing to buy them.
  16. draidean Well-Known Member

I never thought of the CE items as things that would never be available any other way to anybody ever again. I always figured we were just privileged enough to be able to get them first and they'd come up on the MP or something eventually. Those are probably the same people who lost us our annual loyalty rewards because they thought the ones we had been receiving so far were not good enough. Which was ridiculous imo, it's free stuff they didn't have to give us in the first place! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that, sheesh...

Sucks we all get punished because of them, though.
  17. Llieam Well-Known Member

The CE houses were made available once during the same year that we were able to buy lifetime accounts. They were on marketplace for 2 weeks during the holiday season.

Just an FYI, I bought the Enclave house when this was offered and Everfrost, Lavastorm, etc. were up for sale at the same time other CE housing and rewards were up during this one time they did this.

Maybe we can get them to put them all back on the marketplace.

Wares
  18. draidean Well-Known Member

Ooo yes I hope they do this again.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! :D

Uwk
    draidean likes this.
  20. draidean Well-Known Member

I'm begging to throw money at them lol but was it you that stated they seem "allergic to making money?"