Preorder CoE billing

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-faydh, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

Hi. just tried to preorder CoE. This
    http://www.everquest2.com/expansions

Tells me the price is 39,99 USD = DKK 228,34 for normal and 59,99 USD = DKK 342,54 for Collectors Edition. But when i hit "Buy now" the price for the normal has gone up to DKK 281 for normal and DKK 421 for collectors edition. WHY.
    I am not buying for the higher price just because i happen to live outside of USA. You offer it for a price it says nothing about you haveing to live in special countrys to get it for that.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

I can feel with you, as an european player, i have to pay 7 euros more for normal and around 9 euros for the ce edition.... i did asked a few times, why. Blind guess, something to do with taxes, i do know that this is a download only ^^
  3. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

i also petitioned ingame i just got this answer

Hello,

The prices are not directly tied to current exchange rates. Prices are set region by region, so 281.00 would be the price point they established for our customers from Denmark. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank You,

CSR Jamison W.
    Senior Customer Service Agent

I cant help but wondering. Either the price is 39,99 or 59,99 USD or it is not. How can the price be different from country to country?????????? WHY is it not tiede to the value of the USD/DKK? Why am i to pay 9 USD more for normal and 14,41 USD more for colletors???
    As you see i stil dont get it
  4. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Well, i cant understand that too. But there so many games with the same pricepolitic.
    But normaly the price drops the more east you got, for example rusia.
    Well, i can understand why, but i still dont like it ;) as i cant choose myself for a cheaper shop to buy from oO
  5. ARCHIVED-Silentarrows Guest

I just bought the COE Collectors Edition on 1 account, where it was a total of 315 DKK, now, when i log in with a different account, the price is back up to those 4xx something.
    What gives?
  6. ARCHIVED-faydh Guest

thats intersting because i ended up buying the normal version on the 25th and i payed 281,00
    the only diff between your collectors edition price and my normal being 5,9 USD

I feel cheated. Sony get your prices straight.