Preorder buff pet should also be given to tradeable standard version included at F a F Edition.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ingerimm, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Hi support team, daybreak and darkpaw team,

i bought the new Family & Friends Edition of Renewal of Ro.

Now i give my friend the included "Tradeable Standard Expansion" so he should also became the preorder Takish'Hiz Peafowl Pet, but he does not received it.

His character name was xxxxxxx, he was playing also at Thurgadin Server.

I have preordered before the expansion release so both expasion buyings should be include the preorder pet, also the normal preorder of standard version includes the pet (Takish'Hiz Peafowl Pet) please give the player xxxxx who has received the Preorder from me also the buff pet (Takish'Hiz Peafowl Pet).

Thx
    regards
    Ingerimm

Flora "Violetann" R. (Daybreak Games)

Oct 8, 2022, 1:44 PM PDT

Greetings!

The pre order pet is ONLY for the purchaser. It does not come with the Tradeable Standard Expansion, unfortunately. They would need to purchase the pre order themselves in order to get the pet. They WILL have access to the Beta though. I wish I had better news for you. Take care!

Sincerely,

GM Violetann
    EQII Customer Support

Oct 8, 2022, 2:15 PM PDT
    Hello,

thank you for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, this is really bad news, especially that the Family and Friends Edition costs 209.99 euros and a Premium Edition at 117.59 euros + a Standard Edition at 29.34 euros together would have cost only 146.93 euros.

The family and friends edition costs 63.06 euros more at 209.99 euros and actually contains less than the other two together.

It's a shame, because next year I'll really have to think about whether it still makes sense to spend the extra 63.06 euros, actually a cheek, because it doesn't say anywhere that the included tradable standard edition doesn't include all the pre-order options.

Very sad, this should be passed on to Daybreak and Darkpaw once.

Maybe this time, based on my misunderstanding, a goodwill arrangement can be found and xxxxx assigned such a preorder pet. I would be very happy, I ask to discuss this with the support lead or Darkpaw as suggested.

My friend does not have the money at the moment, why i have gifted it to him. Now it seems that was a bad idea in this form.

Then the preorder pet has a relevant impact at the gameplay, with 24k potency more then others, who it does not have.

Thanks
    Regards
    Ingerimm

Flora "Violetann" R. (Daybreak Games)

Oct 8, 2022, 2:50 PM PDT

Greetings!

I would recommend that you submit any game suggestions using /feedback so the issue can be looked into and work towards any possible solutions. This isn't something we're able to assist with. You might also consider posting on the Forums.

So i do it so and ask for the add for the preorder buff pet for the included tradeable standard edition included in the family and friends edition, if claimed and redeemd before the addon start was gone. The same as the beta access was senseful here.

thx for listening
    regards
    Ingerimm, a player on Thurgadin
    Trymor, Miaga, Drona and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, working as intended. Since this comes up every year, one would think that the company would make this more clear on the pre-order page.
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

It should be changed, therefore i write it here.

It doesn't make any sense the way it is. It's an absolute reason no one is buying the Family and Friends Edition anymore.
    Because this only brings disadvantages and no advantages and also costs more than the equivalent individual versions.

The few tradable things, which have been put into perspective after a few days of play, since these are also available as drops in the addon of equal and higher value, are then no longer a purchase argument.

The lack of the preorder buff pet alone is an absolute counterargument to the amount of stats it brings, if it is missing, even though the integrated tradable version has also been preordered.
  4. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I made the same mistake. You are better off buying 2 premium or standard versions. I really wish they made it more clear. Family & Friends is expensive. Kind of sucks it's a little ambiguous in the messaging.
  5. Naramee Active Member

because of things like this I am about to just quit and change to free to play if at all. This game is not really any fun anymore. To many people that cant just get enough down their throught, not enough thought about what could make the game worth while again. Just to sad to continue on this behalfe. Sorry they do this to people. My account runs out of membership sometime next year in spring. But if things stay this way or get even whorse then even me has to say:....I am done with eq2
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Any version (family, PE, CE, Standard) gives the purchaser 1 claimable companion (pet). I don't remember this being any different for the past few years.

I think the issue is that the tradeable aspect of the Family & Friends version would make it hard to give a second person the companion (pet)
  7. Sweety D Well-Known Member

You may be right, but to be clear, I am not complaining about not getting the extra tradable item. I’m complaining that they are not crystal clear about. I have 6 accounts, my plan was to buy 3 Friends and Family versions and give them to my other 3 accounts. That would have been $750. But now I’ll just buy standard versions.
  8. Sweety D Well-Known Member

As much as I hate the fact that they are not clear, I don’t think they are intentionally trying to scam anyone. It’s just bad messaging. I personally love this game, and I will just hope they improve their messaging in the future.
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

It's easy to do that, the beta access was also granded for the tradeable version. The familiy and friends edition is thought for more than one person, so it should also be give more than one preorder pet, if the tradeable version was redeemed before the addon start.
    AOE1 and Drona like this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

2 Standard editons are much chaper and give a much better ratio / price.

Family edition was useless in the last expansions too.
    The only reason for buying higher editions ar the celestial spells. And that's what we get.
  11. The-Plethora Active Member

Remember the old days where you could pay to download the digital edition or buy the physical edition, that was it. What a magical time. No paying for an advantage or even just to stay competitive.
    AOE1 likes this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with this. There is no reason to withhold the pre order buff in this way given people are paying more money to get the F&F version instead of buying the standalone expansion.
    AOE1 likes this.
  13. Miaga Member

Please can this be looked into, if you buy the friends and family edition you are pre-ordering one copy for you and 1 copy to give to your friends and family, so why does the tradeable copy that has been pre-ordered not come with the pre-order buff? It comes with the beta access that you only get by pre-ordering so I'm not sure on why it would also not have the buff.
    Splongo and AOE1 like this.
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

This is a hilarious consequence of the stat bloat the devs stick to so stubbornly even though every one of their paying customers tell them it's ruining their product. With 24k potency at stake on the preorder pet, this is a massive deal. Ignore it at your peril.
    AOE1 likes this.
  15. Caith Developer

The Takish'Hiz Peafowl is granted with the consumption of the Friends and Family: Renewal of Ro Standard Expansion Access, as long as you have opened the Friends and Family: Renewal of Ro Standard Expansion and Beta Access bag before Renewal of Ro goes live.

It cannot be granted before the expansion is live for the same reason that we cannot grant the actual expansion, due to fraud concerns. Unfortunately this change from previous years was not communicated to Customer Support, so they did not have the updated information.
    Lateana, Sweety D, Drona and 6 others like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

I think this is a good first step. Would you also add a footnote to the expansion purchase screen? I think that would resolve most of the issue.
    Xianthia likes this.
  17. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the enlightenment Caith.
  18. Drona Well-Known Member

This is a great chnage and thanks for listening.
  19. Moss Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I'm not english native so I may be mistaken but this is what I understand :

In order to get the "Takish'Hiz Peafowl" preorder bonus on a family account, we would need to have consumed the "Friends and Family,..." tokens BEFORE the Renewal of Ro expansion goes live on our family account.

BUT players who have purchased the F&F version will NOT receive the necessary tokens BEFORE the expansion goes live.

So it is impossible to get the "Takish'Hiz Peafowl" preorder bonus on a second account using the F&F version.

Which is the reson of this post, and the answer is a NO ?

Or I did not understand your post correctly and there is a way to get the preorder bonus on a family account, which is not clear how to.
  20. Moss Well-Known Member

It would be great to have clear answer:

YES, preordering the Friend & Familiy version could/will grant the preoder bonus to your family account, and this is how it'll happen....

NO, preordering the Friend & Familiy version will NOT grant the preorder bonus, and you need to preorder a second copy of the game for your family account.