"Preloading Assets"

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Araxes, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Araxes Active Member

About two weeks ago I noticed that every time I opened the launcher, the entire game (about 23GB) was "preloading" -- every time.

I turned on the option for Full Download and it [appeared to] properly download the full game, but this issue persists.

Has enyone else run into this?
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's not an issue. You have assets on your side of the game in your computer that need to be accessed and loaded when you start the game. The game zone you're logging into has assets to load as well.
  3. Araxes Active Member

Of course, but the launcher should not be loading 23GB of information every time, when it's already downloaded it. Update some files? Yes. Update, validate & reload all 23GB, on each start? I don't think so.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you done a full download or are you streaming?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

He said he did, but based on his comment, I'm beginning to think he didn't. Do you see a little ostrich running across the screen on your "preloading" assets. If you do, and it shows every time you're zoning, that's your problem. Go back to login screen and hit the options near bottom left and download the entire game.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    Have you tried validating game assets?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I found that similar problem was encountered players in other mmo. As I understand it have you already cleaned/fixed system with CCleaner (https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner) and it didn’t help? Try to do it: "Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again" (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478-Launchpad-is-stuck-or-won-t-download). It useless?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Aarozo New Member

I also have this issue with it preloading! I just investigated it a little further, and like Bhayar said, there is an Advanced Tools icon in the lower left corner of the launcher. Click it, it brings up a menu, click "Select game version". you will see a box to check that downloads full game. apply it. WARNING, this immediatly starts the Launcher to download the full game, and you cant play until it does. for someone with super low internet speed like me, it ruined my session, maybe do it before bed.
  9. Drax Member

I had a similar issue and found that after downloading the full game my EQ2 folder contained almost 48Gb of data, almost twice what I expected to see.

Following advice given in another thread on this forum I was able to safely recover about 24Gb of space on my SSD.
  10. Jeff Moore New Member

under advanced option go to Select Game Version
    There will be a little box under the Game Version you want that will say download full game. Click it..