Pre-20 Ranger questions involving crafting

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Dieguy, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Dieguy Guest

I just read in another post that level 21 rangers get to forage arrows (or something??) from their surroundings.

Can that be explained?

I am curious, because if so, then being a woodworker (if i remember right) would be pointless, or are the foraged arrows weak?
  2. ARCHIVED-Vanessia Guest

I was actually wondering this very same thing. I thought woodworking would be the tradeskill of choice for rangers but as soon as I found out about the summoning arrows thing I felt the same way as you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Delekii Guest

the foraged arrows are carbonite arrows, and are the perfect arrow to be using at the lvl you get the skill.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dieguy Guest

what about the higher levels?
  5. ARCHIVED-Cexia Guest

Actually if your can get your hands on the advanced crafting books there are some nice things there like +to hit arrows which are slightly better than the "foraged" arrows. But its debatable as to who would buy them and the effort to result ration is pretty steep to make them.
  6. ARCHIVED-R4v3nne Guest

I would like to know this as well. I am not a fan of tradeskilling. At all. Yet I will go through what is pain for me (and 'waste' my gaming time !!) dealing with harvesting and tradeskilling if it is worth it to my Ranger to be.

I won't sell what I produce. I will only be motivated to make enough for myself and any friends who might want what I can make (which I will give to them for free).

So before I embark on this extended time spent doing something I don't really enjoy, I'd like to know if it is worth it.

My time ig is soooo little. I'd really rather be spending it doing things I thoroughly enjoy. But in order to have the most options for arrows (and bows?) I will go through the tradeskilling...

Is it worth it?