PR soloing

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-Ruut Li, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

Is it common for inqs to solo Protector's realm? With a mix of legendary, em and few hm items, 35k to 40k hp? Thanks :)
  2. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

I can't quite solo the deathtouch mob so I can only kill 3 of the first 4 rooms.
    Although I haven't put my full mind to all the possible pots, signets, pet items, whatever that could be used to /beat the deathtouch one. One autopop button from the Heroic Tree just doesn't cut it for me.
    If anyone has the "sequence" to solo the deathtouch mob I'd be all ears as PR is much easier than OOA for the plat you get. Now I need about 10K plat so I can get 5 colossals to AOD'out my Inq in EM DOV X4.

What is laughable is over the 25th, I watched someone cycle their 9 90s through PR in duo's. LOL. People bragging about thier 10s of thousands of plat in the gameplay forums. Well, if I had 9 or 12 90s stacking up PR's I'd have thousands of plat too. Out of my Inq, Wiz, and Fury the Inq is the only one equipped to even attempt PR solo. I have no idea how the Wiz would beat the deathtouch mob.
  3. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

If you do it for cash you can try with the templar or the inquisitor, he will rez you.
    If his DT is based on his HPs you my consider slowing down your dps till your death prevent ar back, you probbaly have 1 spell and may be 2 with AAs.
  4. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

I did an experiment:
    My DOV X4 EM Inq solo's 3 rooms of PR with ease. The 2 easiest names in SOH as well. I choose to pay 5p for a merc, 30g per 30 min, kill names then dismiss (not suspend) the merc. Collect exquisite chests with no plat split. Merc is not really necessary, only makes the fights a little shorter should the powers at be 'fix' this trick with merc splits.
    Total haul = 21p,17p,17p,15p,15p +9p = 94p (-5p cost of the merc to make it go faster) in vendor trash for a whopping 35 min or so of RL time. Bascially I can do this 2x a week for 180ish plat a week and dont' have to coordinate with anyone. Seeing how I was spending 10hrs a week raiding for my 1000p monthly plat split this is almost as good with far less of my RL time locked up 'farming'.
    I also tried using my Rygorr 90/300 master'd fury with a pally merc. Let's just say the merc can't tank crap on the 3 easy PR names (dies really quick) and not having the Inq myth cure is a game breaker when trying to tank as the Fury. I wasn't capable of getting past all the stifles, stuns, etc. which stopped my healing and DPS whereas on the Inq all that autoattack, short CA's interrupts, and Repentence of course really reduced the mobs ability to do something to prevent me from taking their plat.
    So, although my Inq can get 180p a week solo in 1hr of RL invested my Fury and Wiz cannot. I imagine a raid geared tank would probably have issues with all the detriment's that can't just be pot'd off which is why many of them form trio's to run the whole zone.
    In effect, don't try to solo the whole zone just do the first 3, 2 in SOH, and run OOA (annoying to clear past 2 rooms first and not worth it) for plat solo. So it's ~800 plat a month for 1 hr a week solo. If I was really needy I'd just form duo's for the 2 90s I have that can't solo a single mob down even with a merc. If you need more money you can harvest as some of the rares on my server are quite high (8p cobalt for instance).
  5. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

Update:
    I've tried the SK merc and it holds aggro quite nicely and the fights are much smoother over the Brigand merc.
    If you 3-mob PR & 2 mob SOH, use the SK it can hold your aggro whereas the brigand can't.