PQs

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Earar, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

is it me .. or now people are only doing PQ ??

nobody asks to group ... only asking to be invited in JW 1,2,3 ; Fens 1,2,3 or KP 1,2,3 ... or trying to get the burnt key

even in my guild, feels like .. some people group (together because they know each other well) ... usually a bit too much people for 1 group but not enough for 2 ...

others just level their alt's ascension XP .. alone or do prereq for their epic or alt's epic.

not enough people group. and I'd love to group ... but only one of my toon is good for any zones, the other 2 are too weak yet (resolve especially) .. and nobody asks for T1 groups .. nobody asks for groups anyway

do you feel the same thing ?
  2. Chimay Active Member

There are barely any PUGs on Skyfire for heroic zones for sure. For this reason I am left doing PQs which are quick, give rewards and exp. I would rather run zones but there is no PUG interest. Even in guild people aren't running zones unless it is tied to an epic update. Since when are infusers a daily quest award for a heroic zone?

Changing account wide tithe and ascension exp might help generate more heroic zone interest.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

There's just no reason to keep running heroics once you have what you need from them. PQs are quick, easy and give imo a better chance at the fragments for epic spell upgrades.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

ooh ... yeah but if you're not geared yet you're screwed

right now this feels like ... if you are late .. in getting geared up, getting your epic weapon ... ascension level ... you are screwed.

i understand people. you do the easiest thing to get your stuff. u do zones only to help guildies or to advance your epic quest. I get it. But they should give something in dongeons that's better than PQs to motivate people to do them.

I'm frustrated, and I feel I'm not the only one.

something isn't right
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

On maj'dul there's always pugs forming in channels.
  6. VGScastaway Member

I've seen this on AB as well. Very few groups for even daily/weekly. All that's been going on lately are PQs and the occasional plea for a group for an epic update. Lots of people spamming LFG, but rarely anything comes of it.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

boring zones, random crappy loot .. even fabled ... easier PQs where u just need to be present and afk hit the mob

yeah ... espcially now that PQs (except KP) go down in 2 min max, it's easy game :)

u did well DBK.

hope things will change
  8. Silkmyst Active Member

Well, PQ's are fun and forgiving. Pretty nonjudgmental as long as you try and aren't standing AFK.

I loved grouping back when I had friends (even one friend) in a group, and was told I was decent at my class.
    Haven't done a heroic zone in ages now, mortal terror of being told (I'm a temp) I don't dps well, or not being
    given time to learn a strat because no one has patience to put up with that.

Think a few of us who work long hours and play more casually feel the same. Heroic stuff is out there,
    we'd love to have a shot at it, but stress of rl doesn't leave room for stress from other gamers.

In fact, recently I saw a sort of angry post about heroic zone PUGS where folks don't have enough potency..
    Mine is building, but still a 1000 or so short of what they expected (the quote was sort of "oh come ON people").

So, I solo. PQ's are a welcome break from that.
    Silk
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

I understand, i also stress.
    My main only have 15k pot

And i have 2 alts i'd like to gear up. A brawler and a warden.

So can u imagine the stress ? Being responsible for the wipe. Not being able to hold aggro or being OS for the bruiser abd not being able to solo heal as a warden.
    But since i only get merc gear in PQs, they won't get better that way.

Sometimes that game feels like a job. A lot of stuff are not fun anymore coz u need too many thing just to group.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

I am still grouping every night because I have a group of friends that I enjoy running zones with, but the way rewards are structured I know I am hurting my character when I do it.

If I really want to maximize my epic spells, I need to be farming fragments in the PQs. If I want best in slot gear, I need to be standing in Obulous doing nothing. So whenever I group I have this niggling feeling that I am hurting myself.

We don't even need the heroic drops anymore so we are strictly running the zones for fun, and if we get a nice drop we will auction it. But the plat can't buy the things that I need from PQs or from standing around Obulous doing nothing.
    DoomDrake and captainbeatty451 like this.
  11. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

whenever i need to pick up a pug (especially if i need a healer or tank) it takes forever to grab someone. Pugs are wasteland on Maj'dul other than pretty much one person who keeps running groups. At least that has been my experience playing mostly during peak hours.
  12. Glynt Active Member

So many points raised in this thread that highlight issues as to why people are slowly starting to cancel subscriptions.

For a game to make people feel bad about their dps with 15k potency speaks volumes in my mind, not to mention the total lack of incentive for players to do anything, other than do nothing in OB and afk for pq's.

Crazy!
    VGScastaway likes this.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

In recent discussions on Discord, its been noted that standing around doing nothing in OF won't net you a key. Apparently, there are tasks / things you do while in OF that place you on an eligibility list to be granted a key. As to what exact stuff and things you need to do, that remains a mystery in itself. I ran a couple of repeatble kill the iksar quests and 2 key quests (burynai and the kly) and "won" a key. ymmv.

Would be more feasible if the fragments were put on the loot tables of the end bosses in some heroics - not just mission boxes. I mean, lets be real - its not like the drop rate cant be controlled with their special RNG formulae.

In RE: to PQs.. Look at the risk vs. reward.. you wont be criticized by other players for bad dps, or bad heals... the rewards are pretty substantial in comparision to running heroic dungeons.. and you earn coins to buy even better items from the Nye vendor... All of which takes a toll on players running dungeons.

One burnt key, PQ rewards, Epic 2.0 rewards, ascension 10 abilities... all of which can be achieved (mostly) solo and your character will have better gear and be more powerful than someone farming heroics for 1k pot gear.
  14. Udonn Active Member

On the epic fragments: Do you have to have your epic 2.0 to get them, or can anyone in the PQ get them? I've done many, and have not seen one. Wondering if it's because I stopped working on the 2.0 for a while when I found I had to do 58 repeatable quests in Thalumbra to get faction up to 50k.
  15. Kari Well-Known Member

I realize that you have to take some actions in the zone such as killing mobs and/or running key quests to get on the eligibility list, but once you are on it you have to stay in the zone if you want a chance at a key. There is only so much you can do in an overland zone before you end up standing around doing nothing, not wanting to leave the zone.
    Mermut and Zeddicious like this.
  16. Kari Well-Known Member

I never saw them in the quest loot box until after I completed my epic. You can test it out by picking up a PQ quest and examining the box to see if it is listed as a reward. It is a round, light blue icon and if you mouse over it will show the name.
  17. Udonn Active Member

I see those in the PQ crates as a possible, but was wondering if it's even possible to receive one without completing your epic 2.0
  18. semisus Does not play this game

you will not get em before you completet your fabled epic.
  19. Derfel Active Member

I imagine adding the epic spell upgrade material as a possible reward in the heroic and or event heroic weekly chests would probably get some folks into those zones.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

The mid level planar shards are a possible reward from heroic mission crates.
    The low level planar shards are a possible reward from solo/AS mission crates.