Power Regen what is going on????

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-kindrex, Feb 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-kindrex Guest

My power regen has drastically changed. I have played a heal spec'd warden forever and it seemed the best thing I had going was the ability to spam heals without losing power. I am very angy about it and am driving my husband nuts because I let him know excactly how angry I am about it:p. Anyway I have been trying different spec's out and trying to read threw the forums ect.. My power still sucks and at my wits end about it all. If there is anyone out there that could help me out with good SF specs and anything that can help me out with my power I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
    Kindrex
  2. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

Your weapon has taken an around 70% loss to it's power regen in group, the change is because now only 1 power trigger can come from any heal, not 1 trigger per member healed.

Try to complete the Epic Repercussions questline to turn your fabled or mythical weapon effects, into a permanent buff - you will be awarded a weapon equivalent of the mythical with just the blue and green stats, and the buff/effects/click you can use regardless of what weapon 1 hand or 2hand you choose to use.

In the meantime make friends with power regen classes, buy power totems, make a manaboost macro with low level (cheap) heals (lower tier GMaster heal choices for e.g.) to use when you can to get back more power than you spend. If you do guk3 hope for a apron of the chef belt, look out for manawell items like the wrist from KC or shield from Kurns, manaleak items like danak faction wrist, 15shard cloak, chelsith neck, only if you can ward the personal drain of manaleak etc etc.
  3. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

I'm not sure you can use the low level heal power boosts with the converted mythical. It supposedly will only affect T9 spells which may include only allowing T9 spells to proc it. Considering that despite Fyreflyte's assurances there is still no priest itemization in the quest rewards from SF and considering that 70%+ proc rate nerf on our mythical seemed reasonable in their minds, I wouldn't doubt that the conversion nerfs it even futher.
  4. ARCHIVED-jchan19 Guest

If you have problem in power regen, you can try the following - (i) Max the Natural Boon AA in the STR line of KoS AA. That give you a ~500 group heal proc (40% chance to proc on melee attack). (ii) Go to broker and get a Smoldering Phantom Handle adornment immediately. (iii) Finish the Lavastorm collections. That give you a charm item with HP & MP regen proc (on melee attack again). With only (i) & (ii), you should be able to solo the Forlorn Drake in SF. That NM has TONs of HP and need 5~10 min to kill. If your power issue is not solved, you need to check the followings - (i) Are you casting unnecessary spells with power recurrent cost ? (ii) If you have low crit rate and crit bonus, your heals are less effective and you need to spam heal non-stop. Your mana regen procs are less effective because they do not crit most of the times.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Just adopt abit to the changes and you will never drop below 70%
    auto-attack and boon @40% is your friend on encounters that dont need much heals. It will proc.
    I often see wardens that cast always their big heals first. Better to try it the other way round and use many small ones. The small ST heal now can have a 700 HP ward and is nice to feed the tank.
    The only thing that is able to drain me is the usage of hierophant. Without stun its nice to use now. Especially when duoing, because it transfers power to the other player. But its draining power endlessly. Can be fixed with AA into it.
  6. ARCHIVED-jchan19 Guest

Several additional advices - (1) Find out which stat can increase the amount of mana returned by proc, spell or buff. For example, mana stone can give me 214 mana. How about you ? Is it giving you 195 mana only ? The mana cost and regen of Hierophantic Genesis is about break even to me. When I can equip Lv90 gears, it will give me extra power if casted on myself. It is ironic that I am using HG as a mana management tool while many complain it is a mana drain. (2) Some of the effects of the new SF AA (extra heals, ward, lower damage, etc) scale with the level of the related spells. Some are not. That gives you an option to use low level spells when the HP of the tank is stable. On the other hand, you need to upgrade some of your spells ASAP, even if the T9 Expert is only a minor upgrade of the T8 Master. (3) Do you keep the HP of the tank at 100% all the time ? For most decent tanks and most fight, that is not necessary. If you have Cyclone, you can play with the HP of the tank a little bit.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tryon Guest

I have heard that the power proc on the converted spell version of the mythical effect can crit where the regular original weapon can't, making up for some of the lost power. Only problem you then lose the ability to use low level heals to trigger mythical, because yes it only works on level 80+ spells.
    If you are a tinkerer, Keep some Overclocked Manastones on you. They have a 90% chance to give you 20% of your power pool, however they do come with a 10% chance they'll take 14% away, but they are especially usefull if you are out of power completely anyway.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Tryon wrote:
    The spell version can crit. However, the whole 'it can only proc off L80+ spells" is not true. It was a rumor that went around but it's unfounded. You can still cast that L1 spell and have a 50% chance of proccing ~650 power to yourself. Which is very nice, because you can mix that in with your DPS rotation as power regen when soloing or DPSing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Aanadorn68 Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That's awesome. I usually use the Splitpaw small heal that returns power for the proc. I just got my myth buff last night so will be testing this.