Potential deal breaker...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Loktec, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Loktec New Member

Is there any way to change the UI back to the way it was before they did the F2P update? I'm i just stuck with it? Can i get it even close to the old way?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The UI was changed prior to F2P as far as I recall.

It might help if you posted a picture of what you're seeing. You can change window locations by hitting F11 put them where you want, then hit F11 again.

You can also download a custom UI. I personally use the default UI in red (although to me it looks more like brown) and just have Drums for my group and raid window.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

F10 I think you meant - that makes all the box outlines visible and you can drag pieces around to where you want 'em easily. Clicking the EQ2 button, then Options, if you hunt around in the advanced options there is a button to reset all windows back to their default locations, which is worth trying.

I use a custom UI (mostly Profit, but with a group window from Drums, a custom targeting ring and clock/compass, etc.) And I've always been a subscriber, so I'm not certain about what has changed. You will find whole UIs as well as individual customized components at http://www.eq2interface.com/
  4. Loktec New Member

i was a subscriber for over 3 years as well.

[IMG]

New UI with giant crap on the bottom and massive minimap.

[IMG]

OLD UI, NO GIANT BOX AT BOTTOM, no over bearing minimap. Get the point now?
  5. Snowhaze Active Member

As suggested, you can use F10 to move boxes to different places and through the menu options you could certainly get rid of windows like the mini-map.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

You can resize both the bar at the bottom and mini-map as well as getting rid of them.

GET THE POINT NOW?
  7. Loktec New Member

Again my main question was the giant EXP and "Menu" buttons can those be turned back to how they used to look? If so i have yet to find them and i feel i did some pretty good looking.
  8. Loktec New Member

Well the reason i responded back like was because of your "I have always subscribed" arrogant elitest attitude. So don't respond in a newbie forum like that and expect not to be talked back to in the same attitude, people in here aren't your kids.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

sorry about saying F11 rather than F10, I wasn't in game at the time of my post :p

ctrl-M gets rid of the mini-map
    sorry the bar with the SC button is soe's way of saying BUY STUFF so with default UI you're stuck with it
    F10 to move the windows where you want, as close to your previous settings. You can edit the size of your icons and set it pretty close to what you had with the resizing and moving.

Or go to a custom UI from eq2interface
  10. Tekadeo Active Member

EQ2interface is your friend. Go look for a XP bar you like. I prefer Seagoat's. It' simple to install, just read the instructions.
  11. Loktec New Member

Okay, so if you have gold subscribe it goes away? Thank you this was much more well layed out, i really do appreciate it!
  12. Lempo Well-Known Member

There was absolutely nothing snarky about that reply, I can not ever recall Sigrdrifa doing such, I didn't tell you that I have always been a sucscriber, I just called you out on your ridiculous attitude and steadfast refusal to try any of the options that you were told, instead responding with the fact that you have subscribed for over 3 years in a game that has been out for over 8 as if the 3 years should mean anything to anyone in here.
  13. Lempo Well-Known Member

No it doesn't go away with a gold sub, and the intrusive welcome screen that hocks the SC items when you log in doesn't go away when you sub either.

...but it doesn't pop up your browser when you exit the game.
  14. Loktec New Member

No you "assumed" i didn't try those.
  15. Loktec New Member

Cool thanks. That really sucks though.
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Is there still a setting that you can manually tweak in the ui ini file to kill the welcome screen?