Potency - what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Alterino, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Alterino Member

So we’re 4 months into the expac and my potency still sucks. I’m sitting on 131k and I see people with solo gear with 147k. I just cannot understand from looking at EQ2U how I’m missing 16k potency.

This is what I’ve done:
    1) BoL timeline
    2) BoL solo mount - Kraekilik or whatever it’s called. I’ve unlocked 3 barding slots and have 670 potency items in there. It’s level 9 at the moment.
    3) Have completed all dropped quests and clicky quests in BoL
    4) Have new BoL food and drink
    5) Have plat infused every piece of gear
    6) Have got BoL infuser recipes and have started physical layer of infusing.

What I haven’t done/got:
    1) I don’t have any red adorn sets
    2) No new BoL green adorns (still using CD ones off the Myrist free gear person)

So please kind forum, how can I at least make it to 140k potency. It’s literally driving me mad. Happy to link my toon if would help.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

You gotta open your wallet.

P2W dps is the key to this game now days.

1- Cobalt crates to unlock mount unlockers and levelers
    2- Cobalt crates to level the eyeless (CE) merc to max (add like 3-4k pot, maybe more again,I forget)
    3- Cobalt crates for BiS mount (like 22k pot if not more)
    or Buy CE for mount (Upgraded i think its 18k pot, dont remember)
    4- Cobalt crates for infusers
    5- Get the 770 pot barding on 15 toons and move them all to the same toon.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

While a sarcastic, yet true reply.

Finish all the triumphs and collection rewards if you dont have someone to carry you through zones.

Other than that...Infuse infuse infuse.
    Alterino likes this.
  4. Alterino Member

Thanks Vunder. That’s an interesting and very eye opening post.

I had no idea the Cobalt Crates are the key to it. Guess I’ll stay at 131k and keep my wallet out of reach.
    Crock, Erudinel and Semperfifofum like this.
  5. Moss Well-Known Member

I did some work for a friend toon this week, it was at 140k and It is now at 147k.

First of all the toon has the the solo bol mount level 6, many 180-190 raid resolve item fully plat infuse, no red adornment, the best raid blue adornment from last expansion and a mix of green adornment from last expansion raid and new one. All white infusers was from last expension. It was using the new foods but old potency potions. It have an old mercenary and fabled familiar from last expension too. The mount had 701 potency bardings from achievements. With 140k it was better than you only because of the higher potency on raid items.

What I did was first to fully infuse with reconstructed infusers, you will need a bit less than 200 potency infusers for a full set.

Then I changed all white adornment with new ones on all possible slots, replacing crit bonus and spell double cast ones because it was at the cap on crit bonus and had below 30 ab double cast with its current gear. Then gain in potency for its class was better than the very low crit bonus overcap of some white adorns.

Then I did the exploration achievement for the 950 potency barding, and replace some outdated mount items for fervor. You will need to run all heroics at least once for this barding.

The next step will be to buy/craft some red adornment set for the 196 potency on the first set item until he could get a better full set. And as he raid buy a few raid potency adornment.

There is nothing more you do except buying the premium mount and familiar with some extra barding slots for extra potency and crit bonus overcap, And hope for some good luck I the overseers for those so rare VIII tunes that gives very good potency/fervor/...
    Alterino likes this.
  6. Moss Well-Known Member

If you need some plats you could try to exchange the monthly 500dbc if you are not F2P for tradeable familiars/mercs crates or buy cobalt crates. Check the price on your server broker for the best valued items.

Then run as many solo as you could for some red runes and salvage/sell anything you could.
    Alterino likes this.
  7. Alterino Member

Thanks Moss, some great ideas there that I hadn’t thought of.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Lots of barding adding potency.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

Craft celestial infuser fragments out of Chaos Descending MC gear. 5 fragments will make an infuser of your choice. If you don't have the infuser recipe, ask around. It dropped often and a lot of people have the infuser recipe. They work 100% of the time.

Its a bit of a time sink, but well worth the time.
  10. maxximum Active Member

It would help to know your toons name so I can look him up, but things I can think of that you haven't mentioned:

All solo overland bosses, and solo instance bosses (including Khap in the solo zone in Wracklands that you can't take a merc into).

All solo overland discovery POI's (including Sanctu Seru), and solo instance POI's.

All overland quests, ie quests that are not part of the sig and are not body drops. Just keep doing the quests in AC, Blinding and Wracklands until that particular quest line hits a repeatable, then you don't need to bother.

Form a group for the 3 overland heroics in AC for the weekly. They're easy to kill and doesn't take much effort to form a group to do it. Just make sure the mobs are actually up first.

Do PQs whenever you can. There is a 195r charm, and a 195r weapon you can equip 2 of.

After you've done all of that, you should be ready for heroics. You should still farm solos for all sorts of useful stuff.
    Alterino and Evguenil62 like this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Ont thing is done quite nice in BoL: EVERY item with higher resolve has higher potency too. So upgrading from a 165 belt to a 180 belt gives you additonal 400 potency too. 180->190 will give you 200 more poteny.

The cheap Veilwalker's Powerlink gives the group 300 x6 potency and 8h temporal adornments add a lot of CB or potency too
    Alterino and Tangris like this.
  12. Alterino Member

Thanks all for the suggestions. There's some really good stuff here that I'll use.

I did buy a pack of 10 of the new Cobalt Crates, got a few infusers but mostly appearance gear. I'm not a fan of playing the game like that and will definitely give them a swerve but there's plenty in here to keep me busy and improve my toon.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

What is the Eyeless? I've heard of that before. Edit: OH wait, you mean Premium Edition? Eyeless the familiar. In game, you can look at his stats. They seem less than the Reishi Grazer, but my grazer is level 5 so idk. Definitely not 3-4k potency though. So maybe you mean once he's leveled?

I'm guessing CE means Collectors Edition of Blood of Luclin expansion?

I bought Collector's edition and got Tarsil as the merc.

Again for CE, I got a mount that gives me 16.5k potency when upgraded. (Umbra, Shadow Screecher) Definitely an upgrade from the dropped mount which I think is 11k?

To this list, I would add: level your planar weapon level, grind solos and kill landscape mobs in AC like mad, to gather weapons to get essences to level your weapon.
    Alterino likes this.