Potency dropping to 0 in offensive and defensive stances

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tezca, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tezca New Member

With the "fix" to recklessness, my potency is now dropping to 0 when I engage in a fight in offensive or defensive stances. Is this happening to anyone else?
  2. Gaarysal Active Member

Yea, I was about to make my own post when I saw yours... I had it bugged where I was stuck at 0 potency and had to relog to fix it. Now it seems to be working "normal" but if you remove reckless while it is suspended it puts you at 0 potency (I even had it put me at negative potency). Edit: even while in a different stance, reckless suspends and sets your potency to 0 (even in no stance).

Tbh what is even the point of recklessness suspending? If its supposed to be a penalty for tanking in the stance isn't that what 0 block and double damage is supposed to do? imo any zone that is weak enough to be tanked while taking double damage with 0 block should be perfectly acceptable for a tank to fully dps in and putting something to force you back into defensive is just another stupid thing that makes the game less fun.
    Finora likes this.
  3. Ulag New Member

Aye me too, I honestly had no idea that reckless was susposed to suspend when you get hit at, funny how this change is made then the account part of the site is down. o_O I was having tons of fun Zealous Smiting trash in ToV, the most unfinished and lazy xpac I have played (However the Lead up to said xpac with the storytelling in Cobolt Scar was great), oh well this change makes TESO look better...
  4. Gaarysal Active Member

It has to do with that 30s wait period between swapping stances for sure. If they were to stop it from suspending off of that it would work as "intended". This is seriously gamebreaking atm especially on paladin where it suspends on EVERY attack, the only way I have any potency is in reckless and even that will 'double' proc and put me at 0.
  5. Rriotx New Member

YAY! My pally is now FUBAR
  6. Tezca New Member

I agree with Gaarysaal. What's the point of a stance that suspends the moment you start fighting? Really, what was wrong with the way it was yesterday, where it just dropped potency by 100 when you got hit the first time. Once it becomes "working as intended" is there any reason to ever use it? Sure, it would stay on longer (but not the whole fight) if you have another tank in the group and you play in a dps role, but finding tanks is hard enough already and people generally don't want a "tank" to take a dps spot (even if they can dps better than a traditional dps role)

Also for soloing the stance is now useless. I found the stance to be so much fun for solo content as going through trash mobs, hitting those aoes with 750-800 potency is an absolute blast!! And isn't a game supposed to be fun?

The stance already comes with a lot defensive penalties, there is no need to remove the only good part of it 1 second into a fight.
  7. Shadai New Member

I'm dropping to 30 potency even in No stance. Any class that has recklessness is completely unplayable until they fix this huge oversight!
  8. Rriotx New Member

i thought that SKs might be working but even in D Stance if you get hit by a mob for over 20% of your HP it drops potency to 0. was enjoying the 300 point taunt
  9. Cyrde Member

Aye, drops to zero as soon as you get hit melee wise. In every stance, drops down as soon as you get hit.
  10. LordTiras Well-Known Member

OK so saying "...is completely unplayable" is clearly not true, I'm doing okay in general AA grinding even with the potency dropping to 0. What I can't seem to pin down is if it's just a reporting error, or if it's actually dropping to zero. It's definitely affecting all stances, though, including "None". Everyone should be sure to bug this in game so they see the multiple reports of it. It could get missed here alone.
  11. Othion Member

I actually got screwed all the way down to -210 potency by reckless dropping, potency got set to 37. then I swapped to offense stance, pulled another mob, and I had double penalty. so yeah, fix this crap asap.
  12. Cyrde Member

Just got a screenshot of our guard dropping down to -301 potency in raid.
  13. Tezca New Member

ok, now the tank I had the original problem with (Monk) continues to drop potency on being hit no matter what stance I use. (offensive, defensive, recklessness, no stance) I tried logging in and out with different stances active and nothing worked. However, another tank I have (Zerker) doesn't drop potency EVEN when in recklessness. I'll take version 2 thank you very much!
  14. Kander Developer

Servers are coming down as soon as possible with a fix.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.