Post your nerfs, or improvements.

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Claratar, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Claratar Guest

People love to defend Sony for some reason, so a brief disclaimer.

My definition of a 'nerf' is a reduction in our power or usefullness. Sony in the patch message didn't bother to mention the negative things it did to our class, so we might as well compile a list so people know.

- Breeze & Refresh on the same timer now - used to be seperate.

- Racial trait of breeze, Glowing Breeze, that is *less powerful* than Refresh.

- DD spells now on same timer. Despotic Mind & Muddled thinking used to be seperate, so you could cast one after another, but now once you cast Despotic Mind you now wait 9 seconds to cast Muddled Thinking.

Again, these are negative changes to the class, not posted by Sony, and left for us to find out. If you have something to add to this list of changes to our class, post em.

Also, if there is anything positive, I'd ike to know. The one spell mentioned, Sibyllant, I'd never cast, so can't comment on it. I will test charm and other spells and see if anything was fixed, but it seems they put quite a bit more time into reducing our effectiveness than fixing any of our problems.
  2. ARCHIVED-Siddie Guest

Soe wanted to show everybody how they can kill fun.....

I'm a little tailor lvl 23 and now all my crafting buffs cicle all together by type and also the easy combine became impossible to be pristine, thank u soe
  3. ARCHIVED-outputrotation Guest

One positive thing I got to do was delete muddled thinking off my toolbar and free up some space
  4. ARCHIVED-Sempai Guest

I really dislike the linking of mesmerize spells.

1 mez every 8 sec and 2 stuns ( 1 stun, stuns for 5 sec, 1 stuns for 20sec) with both a 1 min recast timer isnt my opinion of decent crowdcontrol. (I rarely use root for CC as it is of little use in tight spots)

It seems to me that AE tactics now have a serious edge over Crowdcontrol tactics as an effective way for getting larger groups down. This seems very unbalanced to me. It should at least be on par with AE gameplay.

Imo the linking has to go.....
  5. ARCHIVED-Tanyla Guest

My coercer is lvl 29. I found it difficult to solo for experience before, not impossible, but difficult.

NOW with my 4 dots on 2 different timers, my main nukes all on 1 timer, my 2 ae's on 1 timer ....
    I find it near impossible.

Groups? My main 2 tanks seem to often pull groups of 5+ mobs, was challenging to mezz, would go back and forth between my mezz's, now? UGH !!!
    7 Seconds between mezz's period. Not good crowd contole AT ALL as I watch tanks being bashed and clerics take agro and I stand there watching the 7 second counter tick off before being able to move off to my next mob.

I don't even know what the AE one does under these cercomstances as it sucked to begin with (being unable to move, too short an effect with longer recast , let alone the thoughtstones needed, and 1 hit and it broke the group )

Frankly this latest change is horrible all way round, healers cant always keep up on the damage now as their heal are also linked to 2 timers (at least 2 is all I have heard mentioned)
  6. ARCHIVED-Tanyla Guest

After trolling some more ..... found this ...

[IMG]Moorgard
    Community Manager
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Viewed 12081 times

[IMG]
    In addition to the issues I posted a little while ago, many players are reporting that spells and arts that were usable independently of one another before today are now using the same recast timer. I wanted to take a moment to clarify this situation.

The Training options are intended to act as a higher-powered replacement for abilities you are already using. Training is not meant to give you an additional ability; rather, it is meant to act as a significant upgrade to an existing spell or combat art. Since these are free upgrades that are much more potent than the Apprentice I spells you ordinarily receive, they need to share a recast timer in order to maintain game balance.

However, a number of other spells and arts that had been separate are now tied together as well. For instance, certain heal or damage-over-time spells that were independent of one another now prevent similar spells from being used. We are working at this very moment to reverse this change so that the affected spells and arts will work the same way they did before this update.

To sum up: Training options are intended to replace existing abilities and thus will share the same timer. The recast timers of standard spells and arts that were affected by today's update will be reverted to function the way they have since launch.

Unfortunately, this change will require some additional testing, so we will probably not be able to apply it along with the fixes for the four key issues mentioned in my first post. We will push the spell linking change to the live servers just as soon as we can, but it will not happen until Friday or Saturday.

We're sorry for the confusion this has caused, and I hope this post clarifies how the Training and recast timers are meant to work.
    ===========================
    Moorgard
    EverQuest II Community Guy
  7. ARCHIVED-LudaChris Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

More positive then negative thou here
    a) I got new longer duration crack that reduce corpal syndom - once timer fixed I will have 3! cracks to stack on myself for solo
    b) I got new dot (lvl 40) with built-in mana tap effect (could chose more damage per tic dot but no returning power to group) - its not something to drool about but it do solid 46 damage/tic (share timer with consuming toughts) - suck visible amout of power from mob - anyhow I like it. Btw speaking about dots - only gloom and melancholy share same timer which is annoing but can be worked around in meantime if do next. Start with Melancholy then continue with Anguish then use either consuming toughts or new lvl 40 class training dot then gloom will be ready to cast
    c) I got 3-4 new "bane" spells Namely Skeleton, Gaint, Golem, Lizardmen - while this nukes are nothing special (bleh on fully debuffed target they do ~350 damage at lvl 40) still its free damage every 60s
    d) I really hate how they linked Muddled Thinking and Despotic Mind - they only way around is timing ALL your spells and setting proper attack sequence (btw ego blast have separate timer .... that's a hint) - well as per SOE admin this mess will be fixed
    e) several quests are fixed ... nice
    f) I got serious boost for my stats and somethat boosted my resistance and mana pool, also I got built-in FT via racial trait
    g) new adept 1 start droped - I LOVE it - finally I got Essence Fluctuation at Adept 1 and Forced Hesitation at Adept 1
    Btw Beguile still suck donkey balls and so is Sylliblant line. Perplexity and Bewilder STILL broken - casting time 4.0s make those spell virtually useless. I hope sage book recipie been fixed and we can get finally Adepts 3 for Despotic Mind, Mind Jolt and Melancholy
  9. ARCHIVED-Akamai Guest

Something that I found a little annoying is the new racial trait mez that I picked. Was a great idea because I have never seen a adapt I version of mezmerize on any market, or ever dropped.

So we head to runnyeye last night (I'm level 31 btw), and along come a group of level 36 gobos and I goto mez, sure enough, target is too powerful. This mez seems to be capped at level 35, when the lesser ability, mezmerize is capped at 41.
  10. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

The training mez at level 20 is an upgrade to Fascinate, not Mezmerize. So if it works up to 35 that's pretty good IF the timers are reset to pre-patch style AND the training mez is on the same timer as Fascinate. Then we can continue the two-mez goodness for quite a bit longer than just the early 20s.

Also I'm speaking as an illusionist but according to this post by Moorgard the level 20 training mez seems the same for both subclasses.
    Message Edited by Impetus on 01-07-2005 04:47 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Parabola1022 Guest

Ok, time to rant on, seriously.

I do not defend SOE at all, I did a little before, but now, screw them.

So, mez on one timer
    Gloom and melancholy-1timer
    2 health to power-1timer
    stuns-1 timer-long recast

I picked the breeze and mez spell, thinking great, woot, xtra CC spell, and, another breeze, cant go wrong, does neone know if the new breeze is better than adept 3 breeze?? I dont know for sure, but, i know they share same timer, so not sure what one to be using, yeah one lasts 5 min's but if it isnt as good, then what is the point of me using it.

Solo??? pshhh no more for this guy, I used to be able to solo nicely, now, it is ALOT rougher.

CC in a group??? well first off, most people have us around only for breeze, sad but true, and 2nd, CC seems a lost art in this game. I am one to toot my own horn, and I am [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] good at CC, but now, it is a hell of alot harder, I used to be able to nail a group of 5 to the f'n ground in no time, now,, waiting on pesky timers, at lvl 33 gloom-cerebral spasm and melancholy all still stuck for me 90% of the time in RE but now, i cant cast back to back.

How long was this game beta tested????
    Odviously not long enough, I am quiting chanter i think, I refuse to be a breeze *****-and have my mez skills gimped- I am gonna go fighter class, as it seems they are very very very happy with the patch as are scout's. I know many casters very very upset with the patch, and I guess I will wait a week, before creating new char, but untill then, I will be a angry upset ratonga, pissed at the world, lmfao

HUFF PUFF HUFF easy para easy killer :D
  12. ARCHIVED-Azmodeus Guest

Where can I buy the Rose Colored Glasses that Tanatus is sporting these days? :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Claratar Guest

None of the breeze/refresh/glowing stack.

Refresh, adept 1, at level 42 is as I posted about 140% of normal power regen. Glowing breeze, the racial trait, is only about 125% of normal.

So while Glowing Breeze is 4.5 minutes, it offers inferior power regen to the Adept 1 of Refresh.
  14. ARCHIVED-Parabola1022 Guest

so what about breeze adebt 3 as compared to the new breeze they gave us???
  15. ARCHIVED-Akamai Guest

Ahh, well that makes a bit more sense then. I didn't have any idea what level I got it, because they all popped up at the same time and I haven't used facinate is probably 6 levels so I figured it was for mezmerize. And you're right if it is indeed for facinate that'll be great to be able to use that and mez concurrently.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Claratar
    I never measured % but...
    Breeze 18 mana/tic (adept 1 at cap), Refresh 32 mana/tuc (not cap) - both still stack and then you have em you do ~50 mana/tic (and this tic comes separate from drink/natural regeneration tic)