possibly stupid question about leveling to 95

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by starfishpaws, Jan 13, 2014.

1. starfishpaws Member

I just bought the ToV expansion and I'm wondering how to start applying XP gained to leveling again. When I maxed levels pre-ToV the slider became permanently stuck to the 100% AA side of the slide which made sense, but it's still stuck there and I'm wondering how to start leveling again. What am I missing? I have a feeling it's something obvious. :confused:
  2. WafflesnCyanide Member

The easiest thing to look at would be are you stuck at 90 because you are <280 AA?

Or barring that have you tried completely logging out of the game and logging back in?

Are you a gold account? Can you move the slider manually?
    starfishpaws and Dulcenia like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

if you bought tov and the slider was stuck at 95 from the expansion before, then please realize that once you hit 95 you can't go any higher. the level is capped at 95, the only thing added were 20 aa points
  4. starfishpaws Member

I am a gold account and before I hit level 90 I could move the slider manually. After level 90 I couldn't and I assumed that was because I'd maxed my levels until I bought ToV. Now I have ToV but I still can't move the slider manually away from the AA side of things. I have logged in and out several times.

I'm not sure how many AA I have but I can look. Do I have to have 280 AA at level 90 before I can start leveling up again? If so, that's probably the obvious thing I've been missing. :oops:

Thanks for your help!
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You do need 280 AA to level past 90. If you have less, then your slider will be stuck at 100% AA until you get 280.

Edit: For spending those AA you earn, check out the Dragon AA that ToV gives you. Some nice stuff in there, and the mitigation tree is awesome for survival while leveling up. You can even spend on those AA at level 10.
    starfishpaws likes this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

and before someone corrects me, please note that he stated:
  7. starfishpaws Member

Yes! I have only 268 AA. Thank you for helping me figure it out. Have some cookies that my halfling baked. :)
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Mmmm...Frostfell cookies?

Edit: Best place to grind AA and levels at 90 is Skyshrine if you can find a grinding group for there. If you haven't already, check out the Handcrafted gear on the broker...it's some of the best and cheapest gear you can get when you first ding 90 (puts the old DoV ring wars gear, AND the crafted Ry'Gorr gear to shame).
    starfishpaws likes this.
  9. starfishpaws Member

Suka, you're right I did word it strangely. I meant that I had maxed out all possible pre-ToV levels but it came out weird.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

yes you need 280 aa. from your previous post i thought you had already maxed level before buying tov - which was 95 at that time
  11. starfishpaws Member

Yep! With extra icing! :)
  12. suka Well-Known Member

wasn't tov the last one that came out? i get confused with all the expansions. i do know that the one with velious and withered lands in it was capped at 95 and the one with the new vesspry isles in it the only thing that raised was the aa cap. we are 5 levels behind eq1.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Yummy! Thank you :)

Don't forget to check out the handcrafted gear on the broker. Stats on handcrafted 90 stuff went a bit crazy with one of the updates this past year, and it's sets you up quite nicely for joining Skyshrine grinding groups.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Chains of Eternity raised the cap to 95.