Possibly Returning to eq2 but have a few questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tauriel, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Tauriel New Member

Hi my name is felicity, my wife and I played a long while ago and are thinking of coming back to the game but it’s been so long since we played so we’re both starting fresh at lvl 1 we don’t know what server to play on as far as population and need a good guild casual friendly our problem is we aren’t sure what class and race to play and what people will require us to play as far as roles on different classes however this is what we are looking for .

We both love to be dps
    We want ranged if possible without being too rogue like
    We like melee or physical as well as magical
    We want something that isn’t a healer but has option of self heals or ability to heal others if the moment arises that we need it for survival as we are going to be leveling together until we can get groups and like the option to solo too
    Wouldn’t be too terrible if we had a class that could help others level once were higher (PL)
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

As for race, go with your preference. Having said that though all my chars are half-elves largely for their racial tracking ability but if you're going to duo with your friend make sure both choose either a neutral race or ones that are on the same good(Qeynos) or evil(Freeport) alignment just to make life easier at the lower levels. (See https://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Character_Race)

As for class I'd suggest a Summoner (either conjurer or necromancer) they have great DPS and their pets can either be tank or dps. Pair up with a Fury, they are spell casting priests, so ranged attacks. The Fury has good buffs for mages and along with heals, roots & snares and death prevents they are a reasonably balanced all-rounder. (See https://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class)

I'm sure others will chip in with other thoughts. :)
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Be prepared. Not many young ones in the game, or they are rarely played alts so you will mainly be working with each other and mercs, if you have that ability. You have a long boring road ahead of you until you are powerful enough for most random groups to take you. I do suggest you find a nice friendly large guild that accepts and encourages those leveling, at the very least they can get you some bags and maybe some starting gear, as well as answer your questions.

Good luck. And let us know what server you start on, someone may offer more help once they know.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Necromancers (evil) and warlocks (neutral) have some self healing. The necromancer's pet can tank for you.

If you need more healing, hire mercenaries and retain the services of a healer.
  5. Tauriel New Member

Well we saw that maj dul was medium pop so we started there my wife is a conjurer and I’m a necro I’m lvl 13 and now she’s making her char and catching up
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Just remember that "Medium Population" only means something about the number of people currently logged in compared to an unknown number. That means that "Medium Population" could mean that 5 of the 10 players on the server are logged in. It could also mean something totally different. No one outside the company has any idea what it means.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maj'Dul is probably the most heavily populated server, so it's not a bad choice.