Possess Essence and Stat Sharing

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

I've noticed a huge improve to my PE since stat sharing was implemented, and I am wondering if the fact that Coercers have high INT means that mage PEs will now be stronger than other PE classes.
    Previously, the penalty applied to direct damage profession abilities meant you were better off with classes which mixed in debuffs and other useful tricks instead of spamming direct damage. Since most of the mage classes used direct damage more than anything else (which you can read about here) I tended to pass them up.
    Has anybody tested whether a mage PE does noticeably damage than the other classes? If attributes are truly shared, than I see no reason why it wouldn't get a huge boost from the INT transfer. Unless perhaps the sharing occurs based on the bonus you are getting from the attribute (for example +75% potency from 1500 INT) vs. giving the PE your stat and then calculating the bonus based on its class.
    Would be nice if a dev could clear that up, but I don't know if they actually look at the class-specific forums. Anyway, thoughts?
    ----------------------------------
    Per the patch notes:
    With the release of Destiny of Velious, controllable Pets, including Possess Essence and Charm, now share the following of their owner’s stats at a 1:1 ratio:
    •Attributes •Ability Modifier •Potency •Crit Bonus •Crit Chance •Toughness •Spell Double Attack •Ability Casting Speed •Ability Recovery Speed •Spell Reuse Speed •Ability Reuse Speed •Critical Mitigation
  2. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

Small update. Though I can't confirm the veracity of this statement, someone on the conjuror forum said that the INT stat is converted to the appropriate stat for the scout and tank pets, even though they would typically use AGI and STR respectively. I'm hoping the same thing happens for PEs.