positional attacks

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-vapporwolf, Nov 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-vapporwolf Guest

Ok, I know this is a scout class but I am curious, Out of all your attacks how many are positional and/or need to be popped off from stealth.

I am asking just to see how I may like the class.
    Thanks in advanced for the answeres.
  2. ARCHIVED-shadowedwolf Guest

I have a lvl 76 swashy... and from what I can remember offhand... I only have one attack that has to be fired off from stealth (from any posistion) and 4 (5 if you count the L&L master strike) that are posistinal. One is a direct behind the back, one is a front or side and the others are back or side. The upside with it is, if you put aa into the Rogue tree, and go down agility, you get a nice little attack called 'Walk The Plank' that will spin the target around fora short duration.
  3. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Xtinct@Lucan DLere wrote:
    We have a few that are positional, & one that requires stealth, but since stealth is uber-powered, it's pathetically easy to sneak in & slaughter mobs. Just make sure your targets can't see thru stealth; if you're stealthed, & they still have the red aggro line around their name-shield when you target them, then they can see you. If that line isn't there -- & for most mobs, it won't be -- they can't see you.
    Soloing a Swashy is easy, playing one in a group is easy.
  4. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

Sack - Back
    Lungebleed - Back/side
    Kidney stab - Back/side
    Eye Poke - Front/side
    Stealthy charge - stealth
    Sinister strike - Back
    Boot dagger- Back/side (int AA line)
    In a group with a tank, stupid easy to do good dps. Solo with an 8 rank walk the plank, you can get all you back attacks off without having to move. If you time your stealth between mob swings, its easy to get stealthy charge off as well from the front. Could easily solo all the way to 80. I can solo lvl 79 triples in chardok, it takes potions, heals and Tinkering, but it can be done.. However if you really want to rock, get yourself a good friend and have them draw up a pally. Can Duo pretty much ALL herioc content at your level. Only thing my pally and i can't duo is the final mob in vaults, (cant root the adds) and Madiens. Everything else is a cakewalk. Oh, and thats only with some T1 raid gear. Nothing VP, yet....
  5. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

In the non-posistional attacks category, we've got 2 good damage skills and 2 decent debuff/dmg skills. All of which can be fired from anywhere.

Though it's also worth noting that one of our AA lines gives us a very decent damage proc chance when attacking from directly behind.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tamo Guest

Foolsfolly wrote:
    Avast Ye is flanking or behind