posative changes SOE has done

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ladymist, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There were supposed to be spiders on the screen? Ew! I guess my settings (very LQ graphics so I can move even) didn't show that.
  2. Endymion Developer

I briefly contemplated finding a video of the effect on YouTube, until I realized what other horrors my search would inevitably conjure. But you should run through it again with your effects a bit higher. :) I think the spider-on-the-screen effect only occurs when you're fighting the waves of tiny spider adds prior to the spider boss.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I have seen in some zones (Halloween events I expect) the occasional spider run across my screen. Always makes me jump. My inquisitor has a house item that SOMETIMES (very very rarely) pops a screaming zombie in her face when she runs into the room that has it.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Personally I don't like stepping on a snake....no more than I like stepping on a baby rabbit (did that once as a kid). Rabbit was OK, snake never was - my mom was guaranteed to chase them down with a garden hoe.

The bat that got into the basement ... I thought it was a dead frog until it moved. Mom was fine with that...same for the bluejay that got down the chimney into the fireplace and sent ashes all over the house in a flapping panic. Just snakes she hates :)

Life without wildlife intervention would be sort of boring :p
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So it is true. Then there is no reason even with a slider locked. Eventually on any toon we get to max lvl and max AAs. You are right. Thanks.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I see them the way you can see a skeleton crawling the screen during halloween. creepy!! :) but it's easy to be fine with them crawling if there is no fear. Some people have fear of spiders (and I was just teasing Endymion, sorry! ). whoever dev came with this idea didn't really take this in consideration.
  7. Pariel Active Member

Chronomages - love going back over what I missed, get my quest count up. Who cares if the reward is trash!
    Seasonal Events - great idea - I try and do each and everyone one!
    Housing - it's come on leaps and bounds over the years - but as someone has already said, make it like SWG and not instanced and it would be perfect - neighbours did indeed talk to each other.

A lot of the other great things have already been mentioned... but so have something things in my opinion are detrimental to the game.

So - what was good... but is now gone :(

Boats and Spire waits - I can't tell you the amount of conversations I've had, found out interesting bits, talked about armour, quests, guilds and made relationships with folk while waiting for the spire to trigger, or waiting for the boat to come in. I was sorry to see this go and it all led to the "hurried" feel EQ2 now has.
    Starter Islands and zones - Okay, it did get boring, but the starter island was great - really introduced the game well in my opinion. Then, going onto your "cultural" area was great.
    Classes - I enjoyed picking classes at 10 and 20, it was fun and more involved.
    Tariya likes this.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

So I guess that means that a Skeletal Meatbeast leaper is out of the question. :p

Of course, Skeletal Meatbeast is sort of a contradiction in terms, so another name would have to be devised for the resulting abomination*. :D

* We're one to be created, that is.
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I still value that they haven't changed combat to use a long (boring) GCD. Only downside is that it makes playing other MMO's feel like I am fighting in molasses. Even with what it has, its very short GCD and putting 'time' on the casting of abilities, in most situations I am waiting MAYBE a little over half a second between attacks, opposed to the 2-3 seconds in other games. I can only hope they don't use the typical GCD 'solution' in Eq Next and at least come up with something original if not something like EQ2. Something more strategic or purposeful would be nice, but you can't call a long GCD with some abilities off timer 'strategic.'

Almost all the devs I have talked to are outstanding. they are willing to utilize a valuable resource when it comes to development in a MMO which is the playerbase. It would be arrogant and reckless to think they know better than even a large portion of the players. How could they know more? No amount of data mining, mechanics knowledge or even personal play experience could measure up to the practical experience of hundreds of players combined. Most of the devs know this and it shows.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I've been spending too much time trying to explain the reduction of fractions to my kids. When I first read that sentence, I parsed the abbreviation as Greatest Common Divisor instead of Global CoolDown. :oops:

I'm glad they introduced the "decorator mode" tool. (Although I wish they would add options to allow movement upon only x-axis or only z-axis - so we wouldn't have to lower something all the way to the floor just to shift it over two inches.)
    There are other things that I like as well, but I'm saving those for future posts. :p
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Dearest EQ2 Team,

Well you finally went and done it again. You turned me on.

How so? You might ask...

I am totally digging the Heroic Character roll out.

Heck, I don't even want to buy a Prestige House. What! Gotta save up for a HC bump, ya know what I mean?

This Tradeskiller needed to get her crafting toons up and going. No time to level/adventure when there is something somewhere in Norrath to make.

You guys are awesome. Great call for you and your wallet.
    ~But hey, you wanna slip me some kinda deal, I promise I won't tell anybody~

Thank you for my free one.

Kindest Regards ~
    Rykus and Alexaandria like this.
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

I just did my level 25 inq level 95 weaponsmith to 85 the day it the heroic came out and just dinged 95 grinding last 5 levels is SS and loving playing this plate healer and pretty easy finding groups now I need new set of Drinal armor :)
    Feara likes this.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

you and me both
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

they show them alright in low settings and that is whay I hate doing Cella wish they hadn't made that neccesary for ER.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

have you reached EJ yet and the fear imps?
    Ladymist likes this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

In an attempt to drink the koolaid here are s couple positive changes from recent years:
    Battlegrounds - delivering PvP combat to all
    Transfers to and from Nagafen - desegmenting the player base
    Heroic Characters - I first suggested this way back in EOF, glad it finally made it in.
    Feara likes this.