Portable Mailbox Please :)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Vailene, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Vailene Member

Hey Bunjii (other devs. too), etc...,

Any chance we could have a quick patch for some portable mailboxes? :) Don't know if anyone has ever submitted that idea, but as a guild leader it would really help out!! Thank you for your consideration!!
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

3. Vailene Member

Now that's interesting Finora, I did not know about that. That will help out somewhat for what I'm looking for.

But, I'm really looking for something more fully functionality. But, still thanks for this suggestion, it will definitely fill some of my need.
  4. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I'd love to have one where you can open it anywhere and get your mailed items. The heat guided message is send only, one piece of mail, you must be facing water and it has a 30 min timer.
  5. Eshaac Active Member

It would be nice if they changed the mail set up like they have in EQLive/EQ1.

Eshaac
  6. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The problem with open anywhere and get your items is that the mail system then becomes storage space for things like potions, poisons, ammo, and totems. Before your next raid have your alt mail your main a whole bunch of consumables. Now you only need one stack of what you're planning to use on-hand and if you need more or need to change which one you're using mid-raid, mail the one you don't need to an alt, grab the one you do need, use. Extras with no bag space required.

I imagine a lot of loot would likewise be getting mailed to alts mid-dungeon to free up some bag space for the next chest.
    Guiscard and Elostirion like this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I agree. Easy access to mail attachments would likely bring about this kind of behavior. The mail system is slow enough already. If they've gone this long without allowing mail attachments to come through in any zone, there must be a good reason.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can already read mail and send mail (no attachments) from anywhere with /start_mail

If you see the mail has an attachment, head to the nearest mailbox! They are all over! If you're in a contested zone, use the /house_ratings and pop to one of your published homes with a mailbox or just call to GH or home.

If its an issue with full bags and not wanting to hit the bank or seller and just mail junk to an alt, tough! :p
    Eshaac likes this.